No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't care that's fine, don't stop others from caring for some greater success (or endlessly bringing it up as though you have something to prove against them). Some people on this thread. LOL

Last edited by skylynx; Thu October 21, 2021, 22:53.

Comment

• Obviously InFamous you read what you want. In my 1st remark with Stevyy and rayray I was commenting about the continous aiwfc threat and Stevyy give an statement coming out of nowhere about his love to Mariah and I was agreeing with him expresing my feelings about the whole thing.
      I don't care about others caring, I simply don't understand the fear or dissapointment with everything. I enjoy myself the chart moment at every single release, just for fun. But it ain't that deep. Even if AIWFC doesn't make it, it isn't.
      Sorry, if you and others find me annoying, I can tell you I am not lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
        Khalid just dropped "Present". Mariah isn't on it
        She was never supposed to be on that one.
        Their collab is titled "Fall In Love At Christmas".

Comment

• I kinda knew she wouldn't, but I remember some speculated whether this is the collab, but I could be wrong.
          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Mariah fans don’t realise how lucky we are sometimes we are fans of one of the most successful artists of all time! Imagine the frustration of being a fan of someone who deserves huge success but it never happens.

I say this because although I don’t care that people are so chart obsessed I’m at the stage where as long as she makes great music like Caution I’m happy.

Where frustrations come is when people want her to do anything for a hit I don’t really agree with that logic.

Comment

• I've only found this now. Mariah has been FaceTiming Anitta, it's so sweet. I think the collab is definitely gonna happen, these calls weren't for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                I’m sorry. Say what you want about me. But, I don’t understand why BTS is constantly brought up on this thread. This is not the place. They are no way comparable to the caliber of artistry Mariah possesses.
                Nothing against the boy band, but please, there’s no comparison and no reason to constantly bring them up here! Take it elsewhere please!
                I totally agree but you should know that no one here compared those two..
                Mariah is too legendary to be compared to the boy band who began to get popularity recently.
                Last edited by Anderson; Fri October 22, 2021, 03:57.
                Mariah Carey x BTS
                #20th No.1

Comment

• Did Mariah add new vocals to STD?

I’m sitting here listening to it right now, and some of the vocals sounds like they’re more recent.

I’m also reminded of how JD got mad that it wasn’t going to be released back in the day, and announced on Twitter that he was premiering it himself on the radio one afternoon. The Mariah Daily team told Mariah, and we waited eight years to hear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                    Did Mariah add new vocals to STD?

I’m sitting here listening to it right now, and some of the vocals sounds like they’re more recent.

I’m also reminded of how JD got mad that it wasn’t going to be released back in the day, and announced on Twitter that he was premiering it himself on the radio one afternoon. The Mariah Daily team told Mariah, and we waited eight years to hear it.
                    I think she did. She finished the song last year

Comment

• It appears Busta didnt submit Where I Belong for Grammy consideration.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Wishing and hoping for Mariah to succeed again on the charts is fine. But fans need to be realistic as well. Mariah is over 50 and has had a career spanning over 30 years with 15 studio albums. She has become one of the biggest selling and most successful female artists ever.

There comes a point in everyone's career where success fades, younger artists come along, an artist's fanbase grows up and moves on as well. That is all normal and natural. It's delusional to expect Mariah to be continuously chasing success and the charts. It would look desperate and it's clearly not what she wants to be doing.

Labels will not invest in an artist who is older resulting in more of a budget and effort required to get any single attention on radio, streaming etc. Those budgets are not there for Mariah at present. Her relationship with Sony/Epic seems very much legacy geared now.

So yes, dreaming, hoping, wishing, longing for all the chart success in the world is great. If it happens, amazing. But the probability of it is unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                          Wishing and hoping for Mariah to succeed again on the charts is fine. But fans need to be realistic as well. Mariah is over 50 and has had a career spanning over 30 years with 15 studio albums. She has become one of the biggest selling and most successful female artists ever.

There comes a point in everyone's career where success fades, younger artists come along, an artist's fanbase grows up and moves on as well. That is all normal and natural. It's delusional to expect Mariah to be continuously chasing success and the charts. It would look desperate and it's clearly not what she wants to be doing.

Labels will not invest in an artist who is older resulting in more of a budget and effort required to get any single attention on radio, streaming etc. Those budgets are not there for Mariah at present. Her relationship with Sony/Epic seems very much legacy geared now.

So yes, dreaming, hoping, wishing, longing for all the chart success in the world is great. If it happens, amazing. But the probability of it is unlikely.
                          As someone who does hope for continued success based on capability and quality of music, I am aware of all of the above.

my frustrations lie purely with the facts such as that Caution would have been more successful with more promo and better single choices. It’s a simple fix.

I don’t however, get annoyed if the success doesn’t happen or under appreciate anything. I still stand by the fact that Caution is one of her best albums and I love her for making it exist. I also do not expect high chart positions but a hot 100 entry would be the least we could hope for.

I get that there are some people who are “chart obsessed” but that blanket opinion of fans who can see the potential that isn’t reached because of little things, is patronising.
                          Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Fri October 22, 2021, 10:50.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Anyone who expects Mariah to repeat TEOM era, which I have seen a few say here, are being very unrealistic that is true. However Mariahs singles could at least grab a week or two in the top 80 with better promo, release and even choice. That is something that is achievable.

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              Anyone who expects Mariah to repeat TEOM era, which I have seen a few say here, are being very unrealistic that is true. However Mariahs singles could at least grab a week or two in the top 80 with better promo, release and even choice. That is something that is achievable.
                              That's perfectly realistic. But that's not the type success expected by many here.

A top 80 single isn't going to majorly boost album streams or sales. It will get Mariah some brief and short lived exposure. Similar to an appearance on a TV show or whatever. Those types of promotional appearances do not carry enough weight to majorly impact on the trajectory of an album era when there is no radio or streaming support.

It's not enough to simply pick a better single. There needs to be major label backing/budget to push a single on those platforms and even with that, that support wanes after a while when the artist is over 40 and has had a long career already. When that budget and push is not there to begin with, all the great single choices and promotion won't make much of a dent.

Comment

• Some always have high hopes because Mariah did things that most artists can only dream of with their careers. She has TEOM and AIW as commercial comeback eras. Honestly though, AIW resurgence is her last and i don't mind since it's the most epic of all.
                                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                  Some always have high hopes because Mariah did things that most artists can only dream of with their careers. She has TEOM and AIW as commercial comeback eras. Honestly though, AIW resurgence is her last and i don't mind since it's the most epic of all.
                                  This

Comment

• To witness a great portion of your fav artist success fade, is painful and frustrating. it's almost too personal and pretty damn unfathomable.

I have to say that I do (still) care about the charts and I want Mariah's name to grace them like the good old times and that doesn't take anything from the fact that I think Mariah creates QUALITY music, I just feel like she doesn't put the much needed effort to have a successful era, in terms of promo and getting the work out there for the world, and I know there are a lot of reasons for this. however, when Christmas comes suddenly she's making the most brilliant videos, she is doing interviews, she performs, she teams with Apple (or whoever), she is everywhere and it's paying off. and honestly, nowdays, they don't need to do that much to spread the word, but I feel as if Mariah doesn't want to, maybe? I mean, she just needs to be more active and creative and promote the music more on her social media. a simple tweet to let the people know is just isn't enough....

Comment

• I just re-watched The Friday Night Project with Mariah. what a fantastic promo that was, she was so great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                        To witness a great portion of your fav artist success fade, is painful and frustrating. it's almost too personal and pretty damn unfathomable.

I have to say that I do (still) care about the charts and I want Mariah's name to grace them like the good old times and that doesn't take anything from the fact that I think Mariah creates QUALITY music, I just feel like she doesn't put the much needed effort to have a successful era, in terms of promo and getting the work out there for the world, and I know there are a lot of reasons for this. however, when Christmas comes suddenly she's making the most brilliant videos, she is doing interviews, she performs, she teams with Apple (or whoever), she is everywhere and it's paying off. and honestly, nowdays, they don't need to do that much to spread the word, but I feel as if Mariah doesn't want to, maybe? I mean, she just needs to be more active and creative and promote the music more on her social media. a simple tweet to let the people know is just isn't enough....
                                        Reasons why? Budget, budget, budget. These are business decisions related to what is financially viable and what isn’t. It’s not Mariah being lazy or uninterested despite the narrative many try to push. She has a budget for Christmas promo because her Christmas music is a guaranteed income generator for everyone involved.

A label isn’t going to majorly invest in non-Christmas eras now because the return isn’t great. That’s why the main purpose of her non holiday releases now are to give her an excuse to tour, which will hopefully start again once COVID is a thing of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

Reasons why? Budget, budget, budget. These are business decisions related to what is financially viable and what isn’t. It’s not Mariah being lazy or uninterested despite the narrative many try to push. She has a budget for Christmas promo because her Christmas music is a guaranteed income generator for everyone involved.

A label isn’t going to majorly invest in non-Christmas eras now because the return isn’t great. That’s why the main purpose of her non holiday releases now are to give her an excuse to tour, which will hopefully start again once COVID is a thing of the past.
                                          Right and I agree. I don't think Mariah is lazy, but I just wish she had done more. it's up to her if she puts out something on her social media... there is so much she can do.

Comment

• I personally think another #1 single is more achievable than ever because of the way charts work now. A collab with a big artist and a viral moment can totally give you that fast #1 for the first week. Hits no longer need to have longevity. Taylor Swift's "Willow" went from 1 to 38

If she was featured on Ariana's next lead single, the chance for a #1 would be very real

Comment

• People here to calm down and stop condemning other fan bases of charts manipulation when we ourselves have been on that other side of the road many times with a couple of questionable chart achievements and #1s.

AIWFCIY is already a miracle and we should take as much joy and advantage of it as we can, since it may not last forever (the song will, but perhaps not the chart elegibility). It will end up being one of the biggest songs in the history of popular music and will grow as new generations get familiar with it. Our aim there has to be on how to prevent people from getting sick of it, thats why Im so on with the #NotYet trend.

Even if Mariah is over 50, I dont think its crazy that she hops on some features like Elton is doing right now with Dula Peep. She may not have charting power solo but she definitely has something to add during the holiday season and as a collaboration.

Comment

• Plus, the fact that she is still giving us worthy material after 15 albums should be enough for us. Even if the vocals arent what they used to be, the talent is still there for us to enjoy. Not many other artists can say that and its a testament of how much of the artistry on those bodies of work come from Mariah herself instead of some trendy producer of the moment. I feel like even the critics are starting to see that and her flowers are starting to come in.

Comment

• She might have a chance of getting another no. 1 if it's a Christmas song. I like to entertain that thought because it'll be another milestone for her. Multiple no. 1 Christmas songs would be awesome.

Since she did OS remix, i wish she will do that same for C(BPCH).
                                                  Last edited by carey18ph; Fri October 22, 2021, 13:46.
                                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X