Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    Weren't there many on this forum who demanded MC30. Well she's back...

I was waiting for MC30's comeback.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

I was waiting for MC30's comeback.
      I wonder if there’s gonna be another next week

Comment

• Something that is going under appreciated is just how stable Mariah’s Greatest Hits collection has been.

For the last couple months, it barely moved out of the top 20 R&B albums on iTunes - right now it’s #10. That’s incredible stability.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• kris posted a pic with Chris O’Connell from heartbreaker video. Wonder if there’s something related to mariah. Maybe a heartbreaker revival for the Xmas special ? A reach, I know

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            kris posted a pic with Chris O’Connell from heartbreaker video. Wonder if there’s something related to mariah. Maybe a heartbreaker revival for the Xmas special ? A reach, I know
            Someone floated the idea of Bianca as a grinch character and I think that can be cute
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Someone floated the idea of Bianca as a grinch character and I think that can be cute
              Would’ve been funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                Yeah, LA Reid was a god send in 2005.

He’s responsible for GOAT even existing and his PR campaigning that era was ON POINT.

Too bad consistency isn’t one of his greatest strengths.
                he's also responsible for Bye Bye. #Bye

I saw your tiny "2005" and I agree.

Overall, the man is deluded.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                  kris posted a pic with Chris O’Connell from heartbreaker video. Wonder if there’s something related to mariah. Maybe a heartbreaker revival for the Xmas special ? A reach, I know
                  Jerry was in Heartbreaker. Charlie is his brother.

Comment

• One of the songs on the cusp of making it to 100k daily streams. I think she has 6-7 above that mark.

Only Fantasy now stands between AIWFCIY and the #1 position on Spotify for Mimi. It's rising fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                      There’s nothing wrong with wanting Mariah to release something more commercial and succeed again on the charts.

This whole “she’s got nothing left to prove and we shouldn’t care about charts anymore” notion is really really annoying.

When you’re a fan of someone, you want them to succeed whether they’ve had success before or not.
                      Although there's nothing wrong with wanting Mariah to succeed again on the charts, I don't agree on the part of wanting her to "release something more commercial".

To me it's really really annoying to read messages by "fans" who only care for a commercial release and some big features. I find good music way more important than a commercial release with some feature. Even if it means not charting.
                      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Yet again, there are those who cling to the false notion that commercial success is not important.

The more commercial success the more opportunities and the more goodies. The higher the chance of companies and sponsors doing something with her. Some have talked about Budget being a big factor in how far an era or album is pushed, more live performances, more impact across the general public and cyclicaly more promotion once it gains traction.

Some just don't get it. It's fine that you don't care for commercial success but again, stop harping on when others do.

Comment

• This is interesting. Haven't seen this before. Miguel was at the IHeart Radio event?

Why on earth didn't he join her on #Beautiful. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

he's also responsible for Bye Bye. #Bye

I saw your tiny "2005" and I agree.

Overall, the man is deluded.
                            High Highs and Low Lows. I guess nothing can be too perfect.

Comment

Yet again, there are those who cling to the false notion that commercial success is not important.

The more commercial success the more opportunities and the more goodies. The higher the chance of companies and sponsors doing something with her. Some have talked about Budget being a big factor in how far an era or album is pushed, more live performances, more impact across the general public and cyclicaly more promotion once it gains traction.

Some just don't get it. It's fine that you don't care for commercial success but again, stop harping on when others do.
                              And some just don't get there are lambs who don't care for commercial success. For me there are more than enough goodies, live performances, etc.

But then again, I also love artists who have no commercial success like Linda Eder. But even Linda Eder still gets opportunities to record great music and perform live. The world doesn't end when Mariah has no commercial success.
                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

Yet again, there are those who cling to the false notion that commercial success is not important.
                                Without commercial success, Kween prolly would have ended up a hairdresser in the middle of Queens somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                  Jerry was in Heartbreaker. Charlie is his brother.
                                  It was Jerry from heartbreaker. I don’t know why I wrote Chris

Comment

Without commercial success, Kween prolly would have ended up a hairdresser in the middle of Queens somewhere.
                                    OMG that alternate reality we didn't wish for!

Then in her 40s she would have gone on America's Got Talent... and the producers would have made this huge story about this talented woman who had a record deal in her late teens who then retreated to obscurity in a small salon in Queens and is living almost in poverty.

She always sings at her job and her customers love her - she tried to make a living as a singer on the NY subways before finally being discovered by AGT producers.

The judges would say stuff like "where have you been all these years?!" and "why has no one heard you sing before?"

She gets to the final - charts a couple of covers on itunes, and then everyone forgets about her.

Oooooh that is a little sad - #tooreal

I think I prefer this reality - with all of Mariah's success in the 90s
                                    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat October 23, 2021, 21:40.
                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• DEAD if Mariah gets a Grammy for TALKING when she was ignored for most of the 30 years as one of the best singers in the world...

Comment

• Where is the rest of this video?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVSwN8B...dium=copy_link
                                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                          DEAD if Mariah gets a Grammy for TALKING when she was ignored for most of the 30 years as one of the best singers in the world...
                                          omg

To be fair, she's a good talker sometimes
                                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

omg

To be fair, she's a good talker sometimes
                                            her audio book is so good. It was such a journey. I bought the English language hard cover and the audio book. I was listening to her while reading too. Her speaking voice was so calming and soft. Loved the whole experience.

I wish she would win another Grammy and I think it would be great if it were for this.

I really do not care about Grammys at all. But it IS THE promotional tool in music still. It I'd even celebrate her winning her 6th Grammy for a spoken word album so that the book gets a few more copies sold.

I wish we'd know how much it sold. I guess it is something like 50-60k worldwide now.
                                            My Chart

Comment

But what you don't seem to get is that Mariah is 50 and has released 15 studio albums over a 30 year career.
                                              Please name the women who have had massive commercial success at that point of their careers. Because it is a very short list.

What commercial success do you expect her to achieve at this point ? The fact that you see her in the top 5 of the hot 100 every year and the leading spotify artist is something you really should not take for granted. And it doesnt matter that it is with an Xmas song.
                                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Didn't she only sweep up cut hair ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Didn't she only sweep up cut hair ?
                                                  she would have finished beauty school. I mean she's already had 500 hours. She would have become a make-up girl... and got a gig for D, E or F list celebrity. Probably would have had a hook-up with a D-list rapper and had 15 minutes of fames due to that (and the sex tape).
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

she would have finished beauty school. I mean she's already had 500 hours. She would have become a make-up girl... and got a gig for D, E or F list celebrity. Probably would have had a hook-up with a D-list rapper and had 15 minutes of fames due to that (and the sex tape).
                                                    It always cracks me up the way she says 500 hours as if it is a lot of time.

That amounts to like 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X