Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think she’s in Mariahs studio. I reckon she’s recording an album/EP and some of the SUD tracks are gonna be on it.

    Comment




    • LOL the shade "She just started singing later"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

        She definitely had a cold while recording AILF (or she was still recovering).
        But I really like the textures of cold-riah voice.
        She sounded congested and gorgeous in some Glitter tracks as well.

        The ending is unfinished, that's why she recorded the last vocals on 2020.

        Was it known or did she say for a fact that she recorded the ending for All I Live For in 2020?

        But yes, I like her tone in that song. It has the full MB transitioning into Daydream silky vocals. AILF is actually my favorite track off The Rarities along with OHOMO.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mckenry View Post


          Was it known or did she say for a fact that she recorded the ending for All I Live For in 2020?

          But yes, I like her tone in that song. It has the full MB transitioning into Daydream silky vocals. AILF is actually my favorite track off The Rarities along with OHOMO.

          AILF is my favourite track on the album too! Taste!

          she hasn’t said the ending is new vocals but it’s very obvious if you listen, she did a great job blending them though

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Anderson View Post

            "
            Heehee. My eyes were on her face like a hawk, looking for any change in expression when JLo's name was mentioned.... . And then the INDIGNITY in her voice when she was asked if those singers influenced HER music....

            On a different note, I wonder how/if Beyonce has influenced Mariah...when Beyonce first came out, I was very impressed with Bey's unusual (for that time) syncopated vocal delivery... wonder if that influenced Meemz slightly in general...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mckenry View Post


              Was it known or did she say for a fact that she recorded the ending for All I Live For in 2020?

              But yes, I like her tone in that song. It has the full MB transitioning into Daydream silky vocals. AILF is actually my favorite track off The Rarities along with OHOMO.
              All I Live and OHOMO are also my favourites!

              Comment


              • I'm planning to create a new thread for Chick and the album SUD. Would that be ok or just have the discussion continuous here?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                  I'm planning to create a new thread for Chick and the album SUD. Would that be ok or just have the discussion continuous here?
                  There is a thread available:
                  https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/th...-ugly-daughter
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • I'm fascinated by the fact that it seems like Mariah released WBT Extended Mix on her own without the backing of a label?

                    I think this is the second time we've seen this, with the first being Glitter.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      I'm fascinated by the fact that it seems like Mariah released WBT Extended Mix on her own without the backing of a label?

                      I think this is the second time we've seen this, with the first being Glitter.
                      Me too, I would love to know at what stage she's in with the Epic contract. I bet she's desperate to leave.

                      Her uploading that makes me wonder if her contractual agreements with them are done and she's currently shopping around for a new label?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by am1 View Post

                        Me too, I would love to know at what stage she's in with the Epic contract. I bet she's desperate to leave.

                        Her uploading that makes me wonder if her contractual agreements with them are done and she's currently shopping around for a new label?
                        Yeah, I wonder too. Her only Epic albums have been #1 to Infinity and Caution. Most of the other stuff came through Sony Legacy and even Columbia. It seems to me that she is still under the Sony brand for catalog work but maybe Epic for newer material?

                        Her contract must have sufficient flexibilty to allow these independent releases.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment




                        • That was an experimental record that will surpass time. Maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people but if you’re a real music person you get it. It wasn’t your straight typical pop record.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post

                            Heehee. My eyes were on her face like a hawk, looking for any change in expression when JLo's name was mentioned.... . And then the INDIGNITY in her voice when she was asked if those singers influenced HER music....

                            On a different note, I wonder how/if Beyonce has influenced Mariah...when Beyonce first came out, I was very impressed with Bey's unusual (for that time) syncopated vocal delivery... wonder if that influenced Meemz slightly in general...
                            The TEOM cover she looked like Beyoncé

                            Comment


                            • This was so random. They don’t even follow each other or had any interaction before. I’d love a collab in Cardi new album

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                This was so random. They don’t even follow each other or had any interaction before. I’d love a collab in Cardi new album
                                Really nice interview!

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Anderson View Post


                                  LOL the shade "She just started singing later"
                                  Haha! I just can't at the interviewer's audacity to ask if those girl influenced her music. Mariah's face was like, girl. Bye. Lol.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                    The TEOM cover she looked like Beyoncé
                                    I thought too when I first saw it popped out of the blue on the computer screen and a little bit of Christina. And I was like wow! I remember some people commented that her legs were a lil fat or weren't that toned. Lol. People.

                                    Comment


                                    • Wow. Mariah really did ask Cardi to do a song with her! #justiceforanonoremix
                                      http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                      Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                      Comment


                                      • I wish they would have recorded the interview over zoom instead of it being just written in the magazine. Would have been fun to watch.

                                        interesting that Mariah straight up asked to collaborate with Cardi B (both in music and with a bra line).

                                        Comment


                                        • CARDI B: I’m grown now. When I told my mom I was a stripper that really bothered her for a minute. But now when she hears me saying grown shit, I don’t think she gives a **** anymore. I think she didn’t want me to grow up so fast, because the kids around my neighborhood grew up fast. You need to understand, Mariah, the kids around me were sucking dick at 11 years old.

                                          CAREY: I actually do understand. I’m not saying I did that, but you’d be surprised. I’ve been surrounded by a lot of crazy. We’ll leave it at that.
                                          This part
                                          http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                          Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                          Comment


                                          • What a strange interview... the flow of the transcript was as if they hadn’t actually interacted. Mariah is usually super grateful with any form of compliments too and that doesn’t come across in the interview. I think whoever has scribed has missed out a lot of the detail and just chopped it together into a smaller interview.

                                            some good tidbits in there though! I was surprised about Mariahs question around the fashion and record industry being inherently racist. She’s so brassy these days! I’m here for it

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                              What a strange interview... the flow of the transcript was as if they hadn’t actually interacted. Mariah is usually super grateful with any form of compliments too and that doesn’t come across in the interview. I think whoever has scribed has missed out a lot of the detail and just chopped it together into a smaller interview.

                                              some good tidbits in there though! I was surprised about Mariahs question around the fashion and record industry being inherently racist. She’s so brassy these days! I’m here for it
                                              I think we have been reading different interviews. I think it is very well done in every aspect. It seems like a nice conversation between two women with difficult backgrounds and a lot of things in common

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

                                                Haha! I just can't at the interviewer's audacity to ask if those girl influenced her music. Mariah's face was like, girl. Bye. Lol.
                                                Well I mean musically some of the song on TEOM have an old throwback vibe that definitely appears on some of the songs on JLOs album from 2002. I quite like a lot of that album. Not saying Mariah was infleunced by her or anything

                                                Comment


                                                • I just don’t understand what Millie is doing with Chick

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                    Well I mean musically some of the song on TEOM have an old throwback vibe that definitely appears on some of the songs on JLOs album from 2002. I quite like a lot of that album. Not saying Mariah was infleunced by her or anything
                                                    But not only JLo relased that throwback vibe during that days, also Alicia, Kanye...I mean it was kind of a trend in the pop and r&b music

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X