No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The paperback of Mariah’s book is out next week in the US. So we could have some activity regarding that as well, hopefully?
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

There is this picture of Pat from idk... 2017 or 2018 or sth... walking with a cane... I think that they are still in contact even after the Memoir.
      I believe they are on “okay” terms - in that Mariah now understands Pat did the best she could. Her book acknowledges this.

I also think in one of her interviews she explains she tried to protect Pat from being hounded or something like that once the book and stuff came out.

I think a care home may be Mariah’s way of still providing the care she needs with the best support she could find.

But I know this is a delicate situation for MC.

Comment

• Christmas content is starting.....

COSMO: 24 Things You Didn’t Know About Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You”

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...-is-you-facts/

Comment

• I'm wondering why she and her team abandoned the original video of AIWFCIY on YT. It's the only one that was not restored to HD. Of all her christmas vids thats the one that can easily be on the 1 billion views club. I mean it already has 600+ million views.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post

She calls the woman Pat and not mom, they’re not on good good terms.
            I don't think that calling your parents by their name is any indication of not caring about them.

ff88ab330ec2dfd974b9865afbd9a131.jpg
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
              I'm wondering why she and her team abandoned the original video of AIWFCIY on YT. It's the only one that was not restored to HD. Of all her christmas vids thats the one that can easily be on the 1 billion views club. I mean it already has 600+ million views.
              Abandoned may not be the right word here. They probably will upscale it in time. Could be this season?

The new AIWFCIY was to drive increase streams to help the song reach #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                I'm wondering why she and her team abandoned the original video of AIWFCIY on YT. It's the only one that was not restored to HD. Of all her christmas vids thats the one that can easily be on the 1 billion views club. I mean it already has 600+ million views.
                I like it the way it is. Seems like you are watching a home video from VHS or something. It adds up to nostalgic feeling. The new version apparently affected the old version from reaching 1B as it sometimes has more views but it's okay. AIW may be the first song with 3 official videos reaching 200M.
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

I like it the way it is. Seems like you are watching a home video from VHS or something. It adds up to nostalgic feeling. The new version apparently affected the old version from reaching 1B as it sometimes has more views but it's okay. AIW may be the first song with 3 official videos reaching 200M.
                  the new video is outperforming the old one by 3 or 4 to 1 now. It has become the song's #1 video. <3 But she will have two videos above 6 million daily streams during xmas (again)... just like last year.
                  My Chart

Comment

the new video is outperforming the old one by 3 or 4 to 1 now. It has become the song's #1 video. <3 But she will have two videos above 6 million daily streams during xmas (again)... just like last year.
                    We're seeing the influence of algorithms on music access.

Comment

The new video is probably the best thing she ever did though, video wize. IT has amazing replay value and just looks so good. Also it was clever to have two or is it three videos now ? As ten streams per day can count from each one per user per day !
                      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

I don't think that calling your parents by their name is any indication of not caring about them.

They're 2 different things stevyy. You can care about your parents and your relationship is not as good as it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

They're 2 different things stevyy. You can care about your parents and your relationship is not as good as it should be
                          but the picture doesn't seem to indicate that Mariah hates her mother.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

We don't know it. So, don't speculate, please.
                            Well, you are speculating on Mariahs relationship with her mother without knowing it. Only Mariah knows.

Comment

Who photoshopped her chin? Lol

Comment

• Rare pic from 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Who photoshopped her chin? Lol
                                  No one. They both have very pronounced chins.

Comment

• Here's what Mariah herself says about her mother

“And to Pat, my mother, who, through it all,
                                    I do believe actually did the best she could.
                                    I will love you the best I can, always.”

Excerpt From: Mariah Carey. “The Meaning of Mariah Carey.” iBooks.

However, there is complexity here. If we juxtapose that quote next to these ones:

“Well, I did the best I could! ‘I did the best I could!’ That’s all you ever say!” I roared at her, imitating her exaggerated tones. It was a justification I’d heard from her, over and over again, for my entire life. ”

“Well, I did the best I could! I did the best I could!” I imitated her mockingly, over and over. I was trying to wake her up, with her own words, to the cruel absurdity of the moment. I knew it was wrong, but every filter I might have had to stop me had been ripped away.”

Comment

• More 90s outtakes from debut era

Comment

• I appreciate her early years but she became so much more interesting to me after 1993… (even image wise) Idk why

Comment

but the picture doesn't seem to indicate that Mariah hates her mother.
                                          Family relationships are difficult, sometimes. You don't have to hate on your mother to have problems or never have a healthy relationship. It's not black&white. We can't tell from a picture. She describes pretty well in the book how difficult the relationship is, but she chose to take care of her mother, even knowing what's going on and how things evolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                            I appreciate her early years but she became so much more interesting to me after 1993… (even image wise) Idk why
                                            Me 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              Here's what Mariah herself says about her mother

However, there is complexity here. If we juxtapose that quote next to these ones:

Oprah asked her in the interview about it, about how it was the relationship nowadays.. and she said something like "it is what it is". And I think it's the best approach

Comment

• Well I mean does it really matter how her relationship with her mother is. It's between them surely, it is not our business really.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Wed October 27, 2021, 15:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  Well I mean does it really matter how her relationship with her mother is. It's between them surely, it is not our business really.
                                                  Well it’s pretty well explained in the book. Here is a good article that summarizes it :

https://people.com/music/mariah-care...icia/?amp=true

"It has taken me a lifetime to find the courage to confront the stark duality of my mother, the beauty and the beast that coexist in one person — and to discover there's beauty in all of us, but who loved you and how they loved you will determine how long it takes to realize it [..] For my sanity and peace of mind, my therapist encouraged me to literally rename and reframe my family. My mother became Pat to me, Morgan my ex-brother and Alison my ex-sister ... I had to stop expecting them to one day miraculously become the mommy, big brother and big sister I fantasized about [..] I had to stop making myself available to be hurt by them. It has been helpful. I have no doubt it is emotionally and physically safer for me not to have any contact with my ex-brother and ex-sister. The situation with Pat, on the other hand, is more complicated. I have reserved some room in my heart and life to hold her — but with boundaries. Creating boundaries with the woman who gave birth to me is not easy — it is a work in progress.”

Comment

• Interesting. So it was a conscious decision to stop calling her mom and start calling her Pat.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X