Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I like this discussion tbh. I feel like the book can be analysed in so many ways and I am not sure we did that much here.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

    Comment


    • I think mariah made it clear she blames her mother for many things from the past but it’s still her mother and she feels obligated to take care of her even tho emotionally she doesn’t have the same affection

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Interesting. So it was a conscious decision to stop calling her mom and start calling her Pat.
        Have you not read the book?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          I like this discussion tbh. I feel like the book can be analysed in so many ways and I am not sure we did that much here.
          It's a great book tbh. The depth in some issues is amazing. The way she explores all of them, trying to forgive and not judge.
          We are talking about what she wrote in the book.
          Last edited by delapuerta; Wed October 27, 2021, 17:18.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

            Have you not read the book?
            Nah, I am mostly just into the music tbh.
            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
            Baby maybe you're the problem "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              Nah, I am mostly just into the music tbh.
              ... and gossip.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                ... and gossip.
                Says the king of gossip
                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                  I think mariah made it clear she blames her mother for many things from the past but it’s still her mother and she feels obligated to take care of her even tho emotionally she doesn’t have the same affection
                  I think she did a great job articulating her feelings about different people in her life - past and present.

                  The Tommy stuff had great depth and complexity, for example. I liked how she illustrated the evolution of their relationship - what initially attracted her to him, how he became increasingly controlling, how it was time for it to end. She also credited him where he needed to be credited. Her contextualisation of their relationship into wider themes of race, gender and power was especially poignant.

                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                    I think she did a great job articulating her feelings about different people in her life - past and present.

                    The Tommy stuff had great depth and complexity, for example. I liked how she illustrated the evolution of their relationship - what initially attracted her to him, how he became increasingly controlling, how it was time for it to end. She also credited him where he needed to be credited. Her contextualisation of their relationship into wider themes of race, gender and power was especially poignant.
                    Do you think she wil write a 2nd part eventually? I think since the Glitter moment the rest is a bit vague and we know stuff happened

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Xmas View Post

                      The situation with Pat, on the other hand, is more complicated. I have reserved some room in my heart and life to hold her — but with boundaries. Creating boundaries with the woman who gave birth to me is not easy — it is a work in progress.”
                      Don't a lot of people feel like this about their mother?
                      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                        Do you think she wil write a 2nd part eventually? I think since the Glitter moment the rest is a bit vague and we know stuff happened
                        I hope so. There is still a lot left to talk about. I also would love to hear the inside story about the Stella years.
                        UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                          Do you think she wil write a 2nd part eventually? I think since the Glitter moment the rest is a bit vague and we know stuff happened
                          I would be surprised if she doesnt tbh.

                          I was hoping the paperback would include a new chapter but I guess the good thing is that she could do a new book, or an update to it, at any point.

                          Who knows...she could be working on it now since we know she worked on TMOMC while working on Caution
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • I needed this today...

                            Comment


                            • A colleague texted me to tell me she had heard All I Want For Christmas Is You on Dutch radio.
                              UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                              Comment


                              • Someone like the Queen of Christmas deserves another smash almost as undeniable as AIWFCIY.

                                C(BPCH) seems to be the closest to one. Oh Santa I don't know, we need to see how it does this year.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                  Someone like the Queen of Christmas deserves another smash almost as undeniable as AIWFCIY.

                                  C(BPCH) seems to be the closest to one. Oh Santa I don't know, we need to see how it does this year.
                                  I definitely think CBPCH is the natural next one to AIWFCIY in terms of smash success.

                                  I also think O Holy Night does well too.
                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                  Comment


                                  • I would be so annoyed if I lost a point to anyone on a panel like in that gameshow about Mariah.

                                    Comment


                                    • Looks like they found a formula to make Whitney relevant on today's charts.

                                      I wonder when Mariah would start branching out more to pure pop dance. Her catalogue lacks a pop dance track (the closest is probably, dare I say it Auld Lang Syne)

                                      Comment


                                      • Looks like yesterday was the first time AIWFCIY hit 300k streams in one day. Also WBT hit 200k streams.

                                        The rise of AIWFCIY rubs off on her other songs as people are actually searching for her and perhaps even letting Spotify play on.

                                        Comment


                                        • I wished she was more daring and experimental with her looks. Just like the following.....she looks great in it. In fact, most outfits with her in a blazer rocks!





                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            I would be so annoyed if I lost a point to anyone on a panel like in that gameshow about Mariah.
                                            The exact same show also existed once in Germany... (in the earliest 2000s... i believe up until 2003 or sth) and there has also been a person on the show who chose the topic Mariah Carey. I watched it all and it was so amazing to see someone who brings her name to the forefront in that way. He made it to the finale, but lost.

                                            lambs are just the best.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                              Looks like yesterday was the first time AIWFCIY hit 300k streams in one day. Also WBT hit 200k streams.

                                              The rise of AIWFCIY rubs off on her other songs as people are actually searching for her and perhaps even letting Spotify play on.

                                              the peak last week for her top 5 songs was

                                              285k - AIWFCIY
                                              224k - Fantasy
                                              212k - WBT
                                              185k - IKWYW
                                              146k - ABMB

                                              Mariah therefore has had 4 songs stream in excess of 1 million plays in the past few weeks (beginning of October).

                                              It's so amazing to see.

                                              You should check out her daily tracking in the charts section.
                                              My Chart

                                              Comment


                                              • I wish Mariah would have ad-libbed the whole show in 2016 NYE.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                  Looks like they found a formula to make Whitney relevant on today's charts.

                                                  I wonder when Mariah would start branching out more to pure pop dance. Her catalogue lacks a pop dance track (the closest is probably, dare I say it Auld Lang Syne)

                                                  Mariah took the format of dance remixes to the next level. She will probably find re-appreciation when she died too (I hope). I'm glad that Whitney's tunes get re-introduced to the current generation. They are all staples.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                                    I wish Mariah would have ad-libbed the whole show in 2016 NYE.

                                                    UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X