No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really curious about the new song.

Kirk, Khalid and Mariah are not an immediate combination that I would put together. I wonder if there is a sample here, as someone suggested.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      I'm really curious about the new song.

Kirk, Khalid and Mariah are not an immediate combination that I would put together. I wonder if there is a sample here, as someone suggested.
      Hope it will be one of my most streamed Christmas songs this year. If so, it has to be really good as I've already started streaming some great new Christmas songs by Kelly Clarkson.
      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• If her new Christmas song is not a smash, seeing the popularity of “Higher Love” and “Cold Heart” I think there is still a possibility to make a come back in the summer if she taps into those kind of Dance Remix

Comment

• I'm not talking about dance remixes, her dance remixes aren't really that listenable because they vere too much into club territory.

When I say dance pop, it's something that would be played in party, pre-club bar.

Comment

• This video is crying out for a remake....though they should obviously leave that version for the nostalgia. Perhaps the hottest mess of a video in her catalogue alongside IWTKWLI.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Hope it will be one of my most streamed Christmas songs this year. If so, it has to be really good as I've already started streaming some great new Christmas songs by Kelly Clarkson.
              I feel like Oh Santa remix will continue its run as the most successful 2020's decade original xmas song.

The current streaming number of 24k daily (Christmas Baby Please is currently pulling 35k) it might just settle with 300k-400k daily by Monday. It currently has 23,7 million total streams on Spotify... it will probably reach 55-60 million by year's end.

Mariah's top 4 Xmas songs of last year were

01 - 240 million - AIWFCIY
              02 - 38 million - Baby Please Come Home
              03 - 21 million - OS (Remix)
              04 - 19 million - OHN
              05 - 13,5 million - Silent Night
              06 - 11,5 million - AIWFCIY (ft. Biebs)
              07 - 11 million - Santa Claus Is Comning

And those total were up to Dec. 28th (with 4 days missing).

It's going to be a busy year.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I feel like Oh Santa remix will continue its run as the most successful 2020's decade original xmas song.

The current streaming number of 24k daily (Christmas Baby Please is currently pulling 35k) it might just settle with 300k-400k daily by Monday. It currently has 23,7 million total streams on Spotify... it will probably reach 55-60 million by year's end.

04 - 19 million - OHN

I was talking about MY most streamed Christmas song this year. Probably only a great new Mariah song can top the ones by Kelly Clarkson I've been listening to for the last two weeks.
                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

04 - 19 million - OHN

None of the new MC2U songs are on that list.......people love POP Christmas.

That's why her gospel route with the new project has me very worried. No one is really checking those genres.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

None of the new MC2U songs are on that list.......people love POP Christmas.

That's why her gospel route with the new project has me very worried. No one is really checking those genres.
                    Only OS and that 2010 AIWFCIY version do respectable numbers. I think it did fairly well... reaching 100 million streams this year (the album) and creeping closer and closer to 1 million global consumption sales of which 900k are actual sales.

The album - as so many of hers do now - needed some international promotion. But she was pregnant at the time and couldn't do much which is absolutely understandable.

The Michael Bublé route is the best way... he is also only adding new songs to his original album... which is the way to go.
                    IF SONY and Universal could find an agreement... they could also merge her two albums (+ the soundtrack) and create a 15xP album in the US if they wanted (assuming that the original is going diamond this year).

They should give Japan another re-issue to that the album can finally clear 3 million sales in the country.
                    My Chart

Comment

04 - 19 million - OHN

OS remix probbly did good numbers on apple music cause they put in every playlist they could and most of the top of the list

Comment

• Mariah once said she loves how Christmas music gives her the chance to do more gospel. I'm ready!

Comment

I'm not talking about dance remixes, her dance remixes aren't really that listenable because they vere too much into club territory.

When I say dance pop, it's something that would be played in party, pre-club bar.

I dont understand the distinction
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Nobody’s checking for new Christmas music from her period, so what difference does the genre make.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              Nobody’s checking for new Christmas music from her period, so what difference does the genre make.
                              I feel the same way. It’s unlikely she’ll ever have another huge Christmas song she’s her own worst enemy when it comes to Christmas success AIWFC is just too big.

As a fan i have a strong feeling she’s in a great place vocally so I can only imagine the vocals on a gospel influenced song. BRING IT.

Comment

• Can't wait for monday and what she announces with her "it's time" video.
                                Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                  I wish Mariah would have ad-libbed the whole show in 2016 NYE.

Lord, that performance was a mess and a half but yes she should have done something like that.
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I dont understand the distinction
                                    This is a dance remix

This is dance pop

Comment

This is a dance remix

This is dance pop

Dance remix is not a genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

Dance remix is not a genre.
                                        He never said it was.

Comment

• Yeah… y’all can keep that tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

He never said it was.
                                            But he’s comparing it to one

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                              I appreciate her early years but she became so much more interesting to me after 1993… (even image wise) Idk why
                                              1993-1996 were her least interesting years. Everything about her was so manufactured, so vanilla, and that was by design. She had more personality in the early years. She was still pretty boring up until the Butterfly era.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

He never said it was.
                                                To be far his whole argument doesn’t make much sense really as people were using the examples of the reworked Whitney songs, which are dance remixes.

Comment

• The Post picked up the Pat story and added some additional info including a link to her new digs

https://www.nypost.com/2021/10/27/ma...-for-757k/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

To be far his whole argument doesn’t make much sense really as people were using the examples of the reworked Whitney songs, which are dance remixes.
                                                    Not exactly. The tracks are just using her old vocals on new production. They are not remixes of her old tracks per-se.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X