No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think we're getting any EP this week. I hope the Khalid collab for next week it's true tho

Comment

• Billboard's article on interpolations:

Bryson Tiller, "Don't" (2015) int. Mariah Carey, "Shake It Off" (2004)

Get Lifted: Bryson Tiller’s bright-eyed debut single switches up the messenger of the chorus but stays true to the cadence and tune of Mariah Carey’s 2005 hit in his second verse: “Girl, said he keeps on playin’ games/ And his lovin’ ain’t the same.”

Why It Works: He pays homage to an R&B-turned-pop classic while providing some continuity to the original storyline, as Tiller hears the cries of a woman whose relationship has run its course and consults him in distress while he cunningly contemplates how to help her move on.

Bigger Than Original? That would be quite the stretch, considering “Don’t” was Tiller’s first-ever single, which eventually broke into the top 20 of the Hot 100, and “Shake It Off” peaked at No. 2 for six weeks (once held off by Carey’s own “We Belong Together,” marking her as only one of six acts at the time that held the top two positions on the chart.) -- H.M.
      https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...nterpolations/
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• ^ Always loved that sample use and some people still never caught it

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          ^ Always loved that sample use and some people still never caught it
          Don't remember I ever heard the song. Will have a listen to it later.
          UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• I guess she was showing too much leg

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
              I think Mariah has plenty “dance-pop” numbers in her discography… she’s also more inclined to make “bangers” than “bops” imo and there’s a plethora of Mariah songs to throw on before a night out!
              Like what?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Like what?
                Meteorite, Now That I Know come to mind.
                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Now that I know is horrible. Really awful song. Triumphant pulse remix any day.
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• I’m visiting home and my dad has the Nick Cannon show on in the other room. I hate that mans voice so much.
                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• It,s a lovely version

Comment

• “Now That I Know” ain’t pop dance, it’s reminiscent of Martha Walsh and Black Box, the runs remind me of “I Don’t Know Anybody Else” by Black Box

House music is black music!

Comment

• Mariah Carey, "We Belong Together" (2004) int. Bobby Womack, "If You Think You're Lonely Now" (1982) & The Deele, "Two Occasions" (1987)

Get Lifted: In the gut-punch second verse of Mariah Carey's bar-raising heartbreak ballad, the singer starts scanning the radio dial for distraction from her anguish, but only finds Bobby Womack and Babyface pining along with her -- which she briefly sings along to ("If you think you're lonely now..." "I only think of you...") before snapping out of it and changing the channel.

Why It Works: Carey understands better than anyone the way pop music tends to pours gasoline on our more extreme emotions -- and as she quickly lapses into these classic-but-not-clichéd '80s hits, she increases the flammability of her own torch song tenfold.

Bigger Than Originals? Bigger than all but a handful of songs in pop history, as "We Belong Together" conquered the Hot 100 for 14 weeks in 2005. -- A.U.

“Bar-raising”, “gut punch”, “torch song”

Yassss get that overdue, well-deserved acclaim GOAT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                            “Now That I Know” ain’t pop dance, it’s reminiscent of Martha Walsh and Black Box, the runs remind me of “I Don’t Know Anybody Else” by Black Box

House music is black music!
                            It was called House Music back in the day. Disco led the way to Freestyle which led the way to House Music. The dance remixes would fit in the 90s definition of House Music.
                            House Music had many Hispanic pioneers, don’t forget.
                            http://marcokircher.com
                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                            IG: marco235

Comment

• The girl playing mariah in the Luis Miguel series sounds pretty good singing o holy night

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                Mariah Carey, "We Belong Together" (2004) int. Bobby Womack, "If You Think You're Lonely Now" (1982) & The Deele, "Two Occasions" (1987)

Get Lifted: In the gut-punch second verse of Mariah Carey's bar-raising heartbreak ballad, the singer starts scanning the radio dial for distraction from her anguish, but only finds Bobby Womack and Babyface pining along with her -- which she briefly sings along to ("If you think you're lonely now..." "I only think of you...") before snapping out of it and changing the channel.

Why It Works: Carey understands better than anyone the way pop music tends to pours gasoline on our more extreme emotions -- and as she quickly lapses into these classic-but-not-clichéd '80s hits, she increases the flammability of her own torch song tenfold.

Bigger Than Originals? Bigger than all but a handful of songs in pop history, as "We Belong Together" conquered the Hot 100 for 14 weeks in 2005. -- A.U.

“Bar-raising”, “gut punch”, “torch song”

Yassss get that overdue, well-deserved acclaim GOAT!!!!
                                My voice is dry as hell tonight but I felt this post deserved a little something.

For the nostalgia dahling

https://voca.ro/16X5qpS2p0Gr

Comment

• I love Now That I Know

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

My voice is dry as hell tonight but I felt this post deserved a little something.

For the nostalgia dahling

https://voca.ro/16X5qpS2p0Gr
                                    That long pause before the rap. You already knew the type of hurdle it was going to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      That long pause before the rap. You already knew the type of hurdle it was going to be.
                                      I tend to play around with GOAT a lot when I do it, extend the pauses, slow down some lines, add some extra little things.

I'm a creative vocalist, I like to put my own spin on things.

* But I was 100 percent taking a massive breath there cos that part is freaking hard. I still almost fainted

Comment

• For Mariah’s next album we need PROMOTION! And collabs with today’s mainstream top 20 artists. (Vogue 100 Questions, James Corden, SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, Awards Shows, Hot Ones, TikTok, Twitter, Insta, Radio Deals, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                          For Mariah’s next album we need PROMOTION! And collabs with today’s mainstream top 20 artists. (Vogue 100 Questions, James Corden, SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, Awards Shows, Hot Ones, TikTok, Twitter, Insta, Radio Deals, etc)
                                          Will you pay for all of that?

Comment

• according to the series mariah recorded the song "impossible" as a duet with Luis miguel.
                                            interesting she was in tears watching a contest singing this luis miguel's song on american idol

Last edited by mm2912; Fri October 29, 2021, 03:36.

Comment

• Very proud of Jade Ewen. She did a great job with the Mariah role. They take a lot of creative liberties with dates and different details, but since it’s mainly about what a hot mess Luis is (just like she said in her book lol) there’s not a lot to the Mariah plot, other than it being passionate and a little volatile (he’s very sensitive and erratic, again, just like she wrote about lol)

But Jade did a great job on Oh Holy Night & Impossible, I think she def channeled Mariah.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                Very proud of Jade Ewen. She did a great job with the Mariah role. They take a lot of creative liberties with dates and different details, but since it’s mainly about what a hot mess Luis is (just like she said in her book lol) there’s not a lot to the Mariah plot, other than it being passionate and a little volatile (he’s very sensitive and erratic, again, just like she wrote about lol)

But Jade did a great job on Oh Holy Night & Impossible, I think she def channeled Mariah.
                                                I'm surprised they showed luis miguel was wrong many times and did make us feel sorry for mariah too. I loved Jade I could see mariah many times very subtle not like a mimic

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                  according to the series mariah recorded the song "impossible" as a duet with Luis miguel.
                                                  interesting she was in tears watching a contest singing this luis miguel's song on american idol
                                                  that is interesting and coincidental, but I wouldn’t read too much into it. Mariah cried during every contestant’s last performance on the results shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                    I’m visiting home and my dad has the Nick Cannon show on in the other room. I hate that mans voice so much.
                                                    My grandmother loves his show. All of daytime TV, really. She called me this afternoon and told me to tune in to the show so I could watch Nick and Master P make some nasty ramen. I couldn’t express just how much I can’t stand Nick or Percy Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X