Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
    Very proud of Jade Ewen. She did a great job with the Mariah role. They take a lot of creative liberties with dates and different details, but since it’s mainly about what a hot mess Luis is (just like she said in her book lol) there’s not a lot to the Mariah plot, other than it being passionate and a little volatile (he’s very sensitive and erratic, again, just like she wrote about lol)

But Jade did a great job on Oh Holy Night & Impossible, I think she def channeled Mariah.
    Thank you, Ms. Weiss. Doing the Lord’s work as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
      Very proud of Jade Ewen. She did a great job with the Mariah role. They take a lot of creative liberties with dates and different details, but since it’s mainly about what a hot mess Luis is (just like she said in her book lol) there’s not a lot to the Mariah plot, other than it being passionate and a little volatile (he’s very sensitive and erratic, again, just like she wrote about lol)

But Jade did a great job on Oh Holy Night & Impossible, I think she def channeled Mariah.
      Where can we see it? It's not (yet) on YouTube.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        Mariah Carey, "We Belong Together" (2004) int. Bobby Womack, "If You Think You're Lonely Now" (1982) & The Deele, "Two Occasions" (1987)

Get Lifted: In the gut-punch second verse of Mariah Carey's bar-raising heartbreak ballad, the singer starts scanning the radio dial for distraction from her anguish, but only finds Bobby Womack and Babyface pining along with her -- which she briefly sings along to ("If you think you're lonely now..." "I only think of you...") before snapping out of it and changing the channel.

Why It Works: Carey understands better than anyone the way pop music tends to pours gasoline on our more extreme emotions -- and as she quickly lapses into these classic-but-not-clichéd '80s hits, she increases the flammability of her own torch song tenfold.

Bigger Than Originals? Bigger than all but a handful of songs in pop history, as "We Belong Together" conquered the Hot 100 for 14 weeks in 2005. -- A.U.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...nterpolations/

“Bar-raising”, “gut punch”, “torch song”

Yassss get that overdue, well-deserved acclaim GOAT!!!!
        This post made me go listen to GOAT and also to the other songs mentioned!!!! Iconic

Comment

• All 6 episodes are on Netflix.

These may get taken down, but these are the two songs:

Comment

• Her laugh was like mariahs!

so.. I’m pinning my hopes on a single announcement on Monday and the release next Friday.
            Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Fri October 29, 2021, 09:46.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Next week should be exciting for lambs.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Truly radiante
                fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
                http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum

Comment

• Till the end of time is a masterpiece.
                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                  #20th No.1

Comment

• The fact that she was instructed to sing OHN just because its a public domain song, even if that meant recreating a video that was after the events portrayed.

I tried watching the first episode but had to halfway the first episode. It was just too cringy. I just cant with straight flirting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                      The fact that she was instructed to sing OHN just because its a public domain song, even if that meant recreating a video that was after the events portrayed.
                      She already acknowledged that in her interview with ET

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

She already acknowledged that in her interview with ET

I didn’t know Jade and I love her. She was very respectful to mariah and she was very likable as an actress to watch her was great. About the 2 pages on Mariah’s memoirs I also found strange since they been together for 4 years and mariah felt very distant talking about him, I mean even about Tommy she could tell about the beginning of their relationship how her feelings at the time

Comment

• And the series also kind of confirms her relationship with Eric. I wonder how many she really had aside from the ones we know. Seems like we need another hand to count it.
                          Last edited by carey18ph; Fri October 29, 2021, 17:41.
                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• "Eric" is likely a fictious name for one of her known boyfriends or could be even an added plot that never happened in real life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
                              "Eric" is likely a fictious name for one of her known boyfriends or could be even an added plot that never happened in real life.
                              But it confirms because Eric Benet was on the glitter movie (so they’re implying it’s him, not saying it’s true it happened tho)

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I didn’t know Jade and I love her. She was very respectful to mariah and she was very likable as an actress to watch her was great. About the 2 pages on Mariah’s memoirs I also found strange since they been together for 4 years and mariah felt very distant talking about him, I mean even about Tommy she could tell about the beginning of their relationship how her feelings at the time
                                But that's completely different. Tommy was very monumental for her career and life at the time. of course she detailed so much and obviously there's a lot more.

I'm pretty sure Mariah said several times that Luis & her dated for 3 years.

I think there was another guy named Eric, around the Einstein era, that worked for her... I see they messed up the years, they might as well got it wrong too...
                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Mark Sudack?

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                    Mark Sudack?
                                    Yeah, I was referring to him. there were rumors about them but maybe I'm totally off.
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Mariah was dating Mark Sudack from at least late 2002/very early 03, unless he was working with her prior. He accompanied her on the Charmbracelet tour, and was still sitting with her at the Grammys for TEOM. In between Luis and Mark, theres Damizza, and whatever did or didnt happen there.

Comment

• Mark was cute, I love how their relationship remains a mystery

He and Derek are the only ones who have never turned on her or spilled tea for media attention

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Yeah, I was referring to him. there were rumors about them but maybe I'm totally off.
                                          But mark came after. On the series it was an actor named Eric who mariah was seeing before Luis Miguel and then turned to be in the glitter movie after too.

during that time we only know about Derek, Damizza, Eminem..

the series take the liberty to changes some facts for dramatization tho, so we don’t know what really happened or not

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            Mark was cute, I love how their relationship remains a mystery

He and Derek are the only ones who have never turned on her or spilled tea for media attention
                                            I agree... I have only fond and good memories of him. He also was one of the more attractive ones.

I still cannot get over the James Packer thing. Imagine Mariah becoming a full fledged Scientology disciple... lord. We dodged several bullets there.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree... I have only fond and good memories of him. He also was one of the more attractive ones.

I still cannot get over the James Packer thing. Imagine Mariah becoming a full fledged Scientology disciple... lord. We dodged several bullets there.
                                              None of her men have been good-looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Derek Jetter was fire. I really wonder how much different her life would've been if they had been together longer. She probably would've gotten married in 2000 and had 3 kids with him, not having her 2001 meltdown and Glitter wouldn't have been such a fiasco. She would've stayed in Virgin for a few more albums but TEOM would've never existed and she remained a 90s act. They would've divorced in 2010 after they both cheated (and after Migrate became her 16h number one) and Mesmerized would've won Best Original Song at the Academy Awards in 2013.

Ok I'll stop
                                                Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

what is good looking to you?
                                                  Beauty is everywhere!
                                                  http://marcokircher.com
                                                  http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                  IG: marco235

Comment

This Luis Miguel guy was kind of a hottie. Besides him, I was never wowed by anybody tbh. I guess Tanaka is kute but he’s too much of a man-child.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X