Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

The b°tch quite recently said that she doesn't know who or what a Mariah Carey is and that she sings or whatever.
    Again, theres a lot that happen behind the scene that we'll never Know. Ms Warwick has been beggin Mariah to write her a song without any success lol. That being said you can see her clapping Mariah full of jealousy in Grammy 91, which is understandable as she was stealing her cousin throne at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
      This is the first time I have ever seen this lol

The entire movie will be on Netflix and Peacock on November 15th
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Pentatonix commented under Mariah's TikTok and she liked it. This is the first time they've interacted. I wonder if they're going to be featured in her special after all.

Comment

• I am sick of the gowns sis

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
            I found this interesting but disappointing article review by rolling stone of her 1991 Emotions album. (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...otions-252643/)

[ A rookie success as spectacular as Mariah Carey’s tends to spark a backlash, and Carey was derided by skeptics who saw that Columbia Records had spared no expense in accessorizing her with the most dependable collaborators money could buy. Emotions addresses the perception of Carey as a fabricated star, as well as the comparisons to Whitney Houston, by giving the twenty-one-year-old singer greater control: She wrote all the lyrics and coproduced all ten tracks. While it sustains her stature as a pop goddess, Emotions demonstrates the hazards of such calculations.” ]

[ Like many young performers, Carey doesn’t understand the value of understatement. “I Don’t Wanna Cry” was the best track on Carey’s debut because her downcast whispers animated the song’s luxurious sorrow; at full speed her range is so superhuman that each excessive note erodes the believability of the lyric she is singing. On Emotions her eagerness to deploy her immense vocal range results in the overheated growling of “Make It Happen,” a teary tale of how she kept her religious faith despite hard times. ]

[Carey coproduced four songs with David Cole and Robert Clivillés, this year’s pop-dance maestros, but the partnership doesn’t fly: Their beats aren’t as unrestrained and joyous as they are on their work with Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam or C + C Music Factory. Instead, they back Carey with pumping house keyboards and shamelessly recycle the chords of Cheryl Lynn’s “Got to Be Real” and the Emotions’ “Best of My Love” to construct the bubbly new-disco “Emotions.”
            Popular on Rolling Stone]

[On the other six songs, all ballads, Carey works with Walter Afanasieff, who produced “Love Takes Time” on her debut and also helped create Michael Bolton’s bombastic soul. When the pace slows down, Carey does too, and Afanasieff can be an effective one-man orchestra: The moody grandeur of “And You Don’t Remember” and “Can’t Let Go” will sound great on the radio.]

[There’s a conflict between Carey’s thirst for musical challenges, like gospel choruses and the light jazz ballad “The Wind” which ends Emotions, and her dependence on commercial dance pop. Her goal is to elevate the Top Forty tricks of Janet Jackson and Karyn White with vocal greatness. On “If It’s Over,” Carey even invokes the style of Aretha Franklin’s classic Atlantic sessions. Carey has spoken of Franklin as a hero, but there’s an essential difference between their styles — the daughter of a preacher, Aretha imbues even her dullest work with the spirit of the church, whereas Mariah’s mother was an opera singer, a background that translates into such excesses as the falsetto whoops that punctuate so many of Mariah’s songs. Carey has a remarkable vocal gift, but to date, unfortunately, her singing has been far more impressive than expressive.]

What do y’all think of this? Especially the last part. It seems that while a lot of critics praise Mariah’s vocal ability, they always say they emotional and feeling aspect is missing which is strange to me because that’s what drew me to Mariah’s voice. Ir was never the range or the whistle notes. It was her tone and songwriting that touched me.
            I don't agree with the review at all. I LOVED how she threw in the high notes on this album. At the time she herself said that when the emotions get too much she feels there's nowhere left to go with her voice but UP! That's what I feel, that's why I love her, the emotion in her voice.
            I do think the bad reviews got to her (or her label) as the high note at the end of Can't Let Go was left off the single version. Also, the high notes were brought back to the background on her next studio album (Music Box).
            Emotions remains one of my all time favorite albums to this day.
            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              I am sick of the gowns sis
              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              +1
              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• All I ask re the gowns is that she’s not wearing a sparkly gown in the music video for the single. Lol.
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                  I am sick of the gowns sis
                  Those times you spend 10 years complaining you were only allowed to wear gowns. Just to spend another 10, only wearing gowns.

Comment

• Living for her avatar, I cannot with the pumpkin smashing, such a queen

Comment

• So cute

Comment

• I’m excited to wake up tomorrow to the announcement!

if it’s just “The New Single “Fall In Love At Christmas” 11/05”… I’ll be furious. Haha.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                          I’m excited to wake up tomorrow to the announcement!

if it’s just “The New Single “Fall In Love At Christmas” 11/05”… I’ll be furious. Haha.
                          What are you expecting exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

What are you expecting exactly?
                            Something additional that we don’t already know perhaps? A short clip? A teaser of the video… there’s countless possibilities.

Comment

• Most Viewed on Youtube at #283 - 461,086

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                                Most Viewed on Youtube at #283 - 461,086
                                What?
                                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Closing in on 290k likes on Twitter and 1m views on Instagram.

Comment

• Hmmm Joe Jonas posted about it to his Instagram story. Maybe after all this time that “group” she’s referring to is the Jonas Brothers.
                                    funny how one can learn
                                    to grow numb to the madness
                                    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Something additional that we don’t already know perhaps? A short clip? A teaser of the video… there’s countless possibilities.
                                      Im expecting single confirmation tonight and a video teaser on Wednesday.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                        Hmmm Joe Jonas posted about it to his Instagram story. Maybe after all this time that “group” she’s referring to is the Jonas Brothers.
                                        I thought this too. They are fans of her and so are Joe and Nick’s wives. …but they’ve been on tour the last couple of months, so idk when they would’ve had time to film for the Special, so maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

I thought this too. They are fans of her and so are Joe and Nick’s wives. …but they’ve been on tour the last couple of months, so idk when they would’ve had time to film for the Special, so maybe not.
                                          joe doesn't even follow mariah lol it's so random that post

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                            Hmmm Joe Jonas posted about it to his Instagram story. Maybe after all this time that “group” she’s referring to is the Jonas Brothers.
                                            MC shared his post about her.

Comment

• Wow the Instagram video has almost 30 million views and just under a million likes
                                              funny how one can learn
                                              to grow numb to the madness
                                              and block it away

Comment

• AIWFCIY is # 40 US Itunes

Comment

• 1 hour till the announcement

Comment

• Remember this fabulous rendition of It’s like that?

i forgot how embed youtube and instagram videos.

https://youtu.be/ZrSSbR0iveo
                                                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X