Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SO the outro is where the amazing choir part is! Can't wait to listen to it in full.
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

    Comment


    • It sounds quite special! The production is very 80s, definitely serving I Only Wanted but I love dem little Christmas chimes at the end

      Most impressed by her vocals

      So much better than The Star, the vocal has movement
      Last edited by allygdale; Tue November 2, 2021, 06:14.

      Comment


      • What in the hell are the lyrics though? I hear

        And all the pageants in the sky
        Shine on the monsters fee fo fi
        We gotta fall in love again this Christmas time

        Comment


        • In the instagram comments bscott said Mariah was coming on his/they (idk) new bet show soon.
          Me. I am Itsawrap.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            What in the hell are the lyrics though? I hear

            And all the pageants in the sky
            Shine on the monsters fee fo fi
            We gotta fall in love again this Christmas time
            I think I heard "shine on the blasters as we rode by"
            She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post

              It’s giving me butterfly remixes teas. I don’t know what the instrument is…drums?

              https://youtu.be/awlf9cQqd9g


              riddle me this… how does this obscure remix have have 400k views?

              That Butterfly mix is one of my faves!
              So good!
              MESMARIAHSING!

              Comment


              • That sounds like the climax of the song to me.. hope it’s a bit fuller instrumentally/choir-wise.. her voice sounds devine though! Can’t believe that after “The Star”, this is Mariah in 2021. She sounds so young and healthy!
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                Comment


                • She sounds absolutely HEAVENLY!!!!!
                  Love the production/instrumental too!
                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                  Comment


                  • Meh, what an ordinary preview

                    when Mariah says she loves or is obsessed with something , run the other way it seems. Lol

                    there’s just nothing special or great about the melody instrumental or vocals. It’s the same high pitched, slightly squeaky vocals.

                    the greatest Mariah songs are the ones that are in most part straight singing. This has two much WBT Valentines going on. Which I was dreading

                    though at least there’s a radio edit and they’re releasing on Friday.

                    already not excited about it. What a shame .

                    Comment


                    • ^ I don’t think anyone is surprised.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        That sounds like the climax of the song to me.. hope it’s a bit fuller instrumentally/choir-wise.. her voice sounds devine though! Can’t believe that after “The Star”, this is Mariah in 2021. She sounds so young and healthy!
                        I vaguely recall some of her comments on Twitter space talking about a song that she said moved through several genres or something like that. I wonder if this is it where it maybe starts slow and builds into a big Gospel climax?
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • Mariah's 'It's Time' video on twitter has now reached 6.5 million views, which is a touch more than the 6.2 million for last year's video.

                          I seem to remember her first one from two years back reached over 8 million?
                          MESMARIAHSING!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                            I vaguely recall some of her comments on Twitter space talking about a song that she said moved through several genres or something like that. I wonder if this is it where it maybe starts slow and builds into a big Gospel climax?
                            Quite possibly - that would be very interesting.

                            I don't know if that sounds like the climax to me... it sounds like it could be the bridge - if the song even has a regular structure.

                            In the tik tok video Mariah said something like "make sure to listen to the end" so I don't think that would be the climax, or certainly not the end of the song.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

                            Comment


                            • Sounds fantastic to me! Loved her It’s Time video too!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Even though I’m not looking forward to new Xmas music, she sounds really good and the snippet sounds interesting!
                                Eudaimonia
                                Last.fm
                                Instagram

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

                                  Quite possibly - that would be very interesting.

                                  I don't know if that sounds like the climax to me... it sounds like it could be the bridge - if the song even has a regular structure.

                                  In the tik tok video Mariah said something like "make sure to listen to the end" so I don't think that would be the climax, or certainly not the end of the song.
                                  I think that’s the climax of the main song but there’s the outro to come. Similar to how Giving Me Life ends or the WBT Valentine’s mix.

                                  This sounds like a lovely song and it’s nice to hear her duet with a male again on a new song. It feels very natural. Looking forward to hearing the full song.

                                  Comment


                                  • Definitely sounds natural, in her comfort zone.
                                    Excited about the whole thing now. Love how she knows she needs to give us something new every Christmas season, to keep those of us who are not big on Christmas on board.
                                    I can't even know what to say...

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                                      I think that’s the climax of the main song but there’s the outro to come. Similar to how Giving Me Life ends or the WBT Valentine’s mix.
                                      I actually had Giving Me Life cross my mind briefly when thinking about this... and though - Mariah could go all out at the end.

                                      Potentially even something like JTTW at St Johns.

                                      I'm very curious... and I hope the curiosity pays off!

                                      MESMARIAHSING!

                                      Comment


                                      • Will not judge until I hear the full version. Pretty sad that she tagged the wrong Khalid on Twitter and did not even bother to find him on Facebook… the physical Cd will ship November 11 so it won’t count for the first week and apparently they will do a TikTok contest the week after that. Interesting strategy…

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                          Will not judge until I hear the full version. Pretty sad that she tagged the wrong Khalid on Twitter and did not even bother to find him on Facebook… the physical Cd will ship November 11 so it won’t count for the first week and apparently they will do a TikTok contest the week after that. Interesting strategy…
                                          I think they are targetting the entire month of November.
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                          Comment


                                          • Yasssss... That snippet of FILAC sounds amazing .. fallen in love already
                                            Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                                            Your basic faves could never

                                            Comment


                                            • Also, I am excited by the fact that they are also releasing it to radio - probably UAC. That will indeed help the song's longevity if it takes off similar to Somewhat Loved and Where I Belong
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                              Comment


                                              • Both Mariah and Khalid sound Devine in the snippet. Friday can’t come soon enough!
                                                I AM A GOD!

                                                Comment


                                                • I love it first listen to the snippet. It’s a “bolero”, i love the mood.
                                                  Wth with Mariah mistaking khalid’s account on Twitter

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                                                    I think that’s the climax of the main song but there’s the outro to come. Similar to how Giving Me Life ends or the WBT Valentine’s mix.

                                                    This sounds like a lovely song and it’s nice to hear her duet with a male again on a new song. It feels very natural. Looking forward to hearing the full song.
                                                    Yes this is what I had in mind. I feel this is the end of the radio edit but there’ll be a gospel outro on the extended version.

                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X