No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah and Ariana did not just like each other's posts but literally tweeted and commented under each other's posts. Ariana shared her vaccination video earlier this year. There is no bad blood.

The reason it was a little "awkward" was because Ariana had clearly read Mariah's book and the section about Aretha so she was keeping her distance from her idol the same way. This is why it looks a bit "cold" because JHud is always much closer to Mariah then Ari is.

Comment

• So Mariah duets with 2 of the biggest female singers in the world, talks about them both with respect and plugs it right through Christmas and yet fans still accuse her of not wanting to share the spotlight with a female artist? Lol. What else does she need to do?
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• The snippet has got me intruigued, I think it sounds quite nice. Idk why but I was expecting something different. Not mad tho. I'm getting quite a laid back vibe. I really like the intrumental as well. Very interested to hearing it in full!
        Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• I think it's a nice song with really healthy sounding vocals. I don't think it's super catchy for people to sing along, but who knows, it's only a snipped.
          It does sound like towards the end of the song, I don't know, but I like that it's a different type of ballad. I like beat ballads, but I'm very tired of the WBT like songs, she's done way too many. All in all, I like it! I also like that they are releasing three versions, the Gospel one will be the one where she goes off the most, the radio edit, the shorter and easier to perform, so she can promote more, and the other one, no idea. LOL

I like the cover with the cute pictures of them when they were little.
          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Not a huge fan of the snippet but it sounds very Mariah so as a fan I'm happy she can release what she loves and have a big artist featured on it. No song can nor should dethrone AIW anyway.

I'm still predicting an organic rise for Oh Santa though.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              So Mariah duets with 2 of the biggest female singers in the world, talks about them both with respect and plugs it right through Christmas and yet fans still accuse her of not wanting to share the spotlight with a female artist? Lol. What else does she need to do?
              Another thing we have to think about is, If these females get a number one with a Christmas song( even If it's her song ), could make her feel like there are other Queens of Christmas, but instead she shared the spotlight Happily! Honestly, I don't get why they keep saying that! She's proved, when she feels respected, she has no problem being generous and even whistling with someone else, something that has been her trademark since the beginning of her career.
              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I have a question. I know that the original OS entered the Billboard Hot 100 at #100, and the Adult Contemporary at #12, and rise to #1 the following week and stayed there for four weeks, making history( at the time), on the biggest leap to #1 ( Wikipedia )lol

My question, cause I couldn't find it anywhere is, did the remix chart at all? On the Hot 100? Adult Contemporary?

Please, If any of you could tell me? Thanks a lot!
                Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Happy she confirmed the Apple special and that the Khalid collab is indeed part of it and there’s gonna be a video

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
                    I have a question. I know that the original OS entered the Billboard Hot 100 at #100, and the Adult Contemporary at #12, and rise to #1 the following week and stayed there for four weeks, making history( at the time), on the biggest leap to #1 ( Wikipedia )lol

My question, cause I couldn't find it anywhere is, did the remix chart at all? On the Hot 100? Adult Contemporary?

Please, If any of you could tell me? Thanks a lot!
                    The Remix entered the Hot 100 at #67 for a week not sure about any other charts.
                    funny how one can learn
                    to grow numb to the madness
                    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      All I Want For Christmas Is You is back on Global Spotify charts at #106 (889,177 streams)

#45 - United States (373,357)
                      #66 - United Kingdom (83,982)
                      The only Xmas song in Global and US top stream songs. If this continues, song can re-enter in Billboard 2 chart weeks from now.
                      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

The Remix entered the Hot 100 at #67 for a week not sure about any other charts.
                        Thank you so much!! that's the main chart I wanted to know about anyway.
                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Mariah Carey is returning for an AppleTV+ Christmas special for a second year in a row and is set to perform new single Fall In Love At Christmas exclusively alongside Khalid and Kirk Franklin.

Mariah’s Christmas: The Magic Continues follows last year’s Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special, which is still available on the SVoD platform. That special also featured Jennifer Hudson and Ariana Grande and was directed by Roman Coppola.

Carey will use the show to perform brand new single Fall In Love At Christmas with Khalid and Franklin for the first time.

She is exec producing alongside Tim Case, Charleen Manca and Matthew Turke of factual and music video producer Supply & Demand, along with renowned music director Joseph Kahn, who is also directing.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/mariah-...le-1234866226/

Earlier this year, Carey left Jay-Z’s Roc Nation to join Melissa Ruderman at Range Media Partners for management.

Last edited by mm2912; Tue November 2, 2021, 13:10.

Comment

• WHO IS THE JK under the MC K and KF? Don’t tell me it’s JungKook???? Or Joseph Kahn? Hahaha
                            Last edited by jeremyross; Tue November 2, 2021, 13:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremyross View Post
                              WHO IS THE JK under the MC K and KF? Don’t tell me it’s JungKook????
                              Joseph Khan
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• OMG!! Joseph Khan is the director of the special!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                  She sounds kinda weird in Fall in love at Christmas...

At 0:26... We gotta "Fall" in love....
                                  The "Fall" pronunciation...
                                  Is that another auto-tune moment?
                                  No, I think shes just doing a descending note?

But talking of, on Oh Santa Remix, what’s up with the auto tune on Mariahs part of “and his new girl was so bleak” at around 43 seconds in. Whatever they did there was very unnecessary.

Comment

WHO IS THE JK under the MC K and KF? Don’t tell me it’s JungKook???? Or Joseph Kahn? Hahaha
                                    How do you know JungKook is a BTS member? lol (I didn't even know that. I googled it)
                                    Probably your guilty pleasure? lol
                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                    #20th No.1

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

WHO IS THE JK under the MC K and KF? Don’t tell me it’s JungKook???? Or Joseph Kahn? Hahaha

Probably you happen to see this tweet.. that's why lol
                                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                                        #20th No.1

Comment

• BTS is BEHIND THE SCENES. Geez..

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

I think that’s the climax of the main song but there’s the outro to come. Similar to how Giving Me Life ends or the WBT Valentine’s mix.

This sounds like a lovely song and it’s nice to hear her duet with a male again on a new song. It feels very natural. Looking forward to hearing the full song.
                                            Climax going outro. Kind of same vein/structure of #Beautiful.
                                            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Mariah Carey returns to Apple TV+ with “Mariah’s Christmas: The Magic Continues,” debuting globally in December and joining smash special “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”

New holiday spectacular to unveil the first performance of Mariah Carey’s new holiday single, “Fall in Love at Christmas,” featuring Khalid and Kirk Franklin

The holidays are officially here as Apple and Mariah Carey today announced the Queen of Christmas’ return to Apple TV+ with an all-new holiday event, “Mariah’s Christmas: The Magic Continues,” to sprinkle more magic around the world, and set to debut globally in December. “Mariah’s Christmas: The Magic Continues” will bring multi-platinum, multi-Grammy Award-winning icon Carey together with Grammy-nominated worldwide artist Khalid and Grammy winning legend Kirk Franklin for the first and only performance of their new single, “Fall in Love at Christmas,” on Apple TV+.

Following this magical moment, fans can watch Carey's star-studded, perennial smash-hit, “Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special,” which continues to bring holiday cheer around the world.

“Mariah’s Christmas: The Magic Continues” is executive produced by Carey, along with Tim Case, Charleen Manca and Matthew Turke of Supply & Demand, and directed by film and music video director Joseph Kahn, who also serves as executive producer for Supply & Demand, the production company of world-renowned music videos and features.
                                              https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/news/202...stmas-special/
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• Apple official press release didn’t share anything who’s the cast or about the soundtrack or anything at all
                                                Im curious who’s gonna be on it. I hope there’s some good surprises cause Khalid and Kirk is kinda meh, not like Ari and JHUD at the same song. It was a moment last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                  Apple official press release didn’t share anything who’s the cast or about the soundtrack or anything at all
                                                  Im curious who’s gonna be on it. I hope there’s some good surprises cause Khalid and Kirk is kinda meh, not like Ari and JHUD at the same song. It was a moment last year.

I guess there is a huge surprise.
                                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                  #20th No.1

Comment

• That’s beautiful. Misty is such an angel

Comment

Working...
                                                    X