No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I see is 7,000,000 for TEOM in the background! New certification?
    funny how one can learn
    to grow numb to the madness
    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

the promotion so far seems low key, I think they have a big game plan…well at least I hope so.

the more I listen to the snippet the more I hate it. It’s just the wrong type of sound. The instrumentals are dated as Fck and lack a pleasant melody. Somewhat loved I thought was bottom of the barrel in terms of new music this year, I could be very wrong with this song seemingly is even going lower.

how is low key? apple only made the official announcement in the mid november last year, they are far ahead this year. we're till far from xmas

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

how is low key? apple only made the official announcement in the mid november last year, they are far ahead this year. we're till far from xmas
        Agree! There’s still Thanksgiving too! For sure the promotions will be all out after that

[center:rpzxrggj]"I really hope when you hear this song. That you know it was meant for you."[/center:rpzxrggj]

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

That press release and Ari JHud announcement was already out way earlier.

Though last year had the excitement of a hot collab (which turned out to be a remake but still had some excitement)

this year is announced on a whimper

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It's okay not to share every thought.
            Agree! Let's be considerate to people who are excited to new music. This is something that most of us asked for awhile now.
            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
              All I see is 7,000,000 for TEOM in the background! New certification?
              The first things i zoomed in on were the certs!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                  Queen coming for 5 diamond albums haha

Comment

• She looks STUNNING in that photo.. and oh! She’s not wearing a gown lol.
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Preview:

Sounds like After tonight.
                      Need to hear more to decide if i like it or not.
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I think people need to appreciate that she’s in her 50s and her voice is thinner than it ever was.

When she belts, that’s about as strong as it’s going to get these days.

I think, age considered, she sounds great!
                        Exactly and maybe It's me but I prefer to enjoy what she brings and this songs seems to be beautiful

Comment

The first things i zoomed in on were the certs!
                          The observation of the lambs

Comment

• AIWFCIY is # 24 USA ITunes

Comment

• Originally posted by MariahKremlin View Post
                              AIWFCIY is # 24 USA ITunes
                              Plus it’s #45 on US Apple Music chart! Wow

Comment

• I just checked RIAA website and TEOM was 6xPlatinum since 06. And there is no record of it going 7x there. So she must have TEOM certified and not gone public about it. That explains the certification she has there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                  I just checked RIAA website and TEOM was 6xPlatinum since 06. And there is no record of it going 7x there. So she must have TEOM certified and not gone public about it. That explains the certification she has there.
                                  nah doesnt work like that. If it was 7 times platinum it would have been updated on RIAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

nah doesnt work like that. If it was 7 times platinum it would have been updated on RIAA.
                                    So she just made up one 7xPlatinum certification? Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                      All I see is 7,000,000 for TEOM in the background! New certification?
                                      Obviously she embraces the commercial success and chart numbers that her releases achieved, and enjoys the media and public’s attention towards her new materials. But at the same time, at least in the last 5-10 years, she seems to have this kind of reluctancy of producing anything that sounds slightly pop or trendy-sounding, and keen on releasing songs that sounds like Somewhat Loved (or basically leftovers from mid to late 2000’s), which doesn’t guarantee much commercial or chart success unfortunately.

Caution is a perfect example of how current her releases can sound like but the unfortunate, neither the public, the label, nor herself showed much attention to it. Despite all the positive reviews from the media and the lambs, she rarely showed any appreciation to that album. Probably it’s another example of her stubbornness stepping in, which Caution being an album heavily influenced by multiple current producers, sounding nothing like STD or Somewhat Loved, yet universally loved by the lambs, which is basically a massive slap and F you at her face.

Probably what she enjoys producing and creating now is far from what the public enjoys listening to, but she has to understand that, she is at the stage of her career that, a Mariah Carey song is not equivalent a guaranteed smash hit. She can’t produce anything she likes and expects that to hit #1 just because it’s a Mariah Carey song. I thought she would have understood that after Rainbow. Like many other members have said here, she got nothing else to prove, but at the same time, re-producing the same outdated R&B sounding songs a la Somewhat Loved/WBT Mimi Late night mix would lead her no where close to scoring another big bit/#1 album.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post

So she just made up one 7xPlatinum certification? Lol.
                                        No idea but if it was certified for 7 by RIAA it would be updated on their website, like every other album and singles that has been re certified. I mean you can even see the six discs which represent 6 by platinum in the bottom left corner so maybe the 7 was just a mistake who knows, but the album is certified 6 times platinum not 7.

Comment

No idea but if it was certified for 7 by RIAA it would be updated on their website, like every other album and singles that has been re certified. I mean you can even see the six discs which represent 6 by platinum in the bottom left corner so maybe the 7 was just a mistake who knows, but the album is certified 6 times platinum not 7.
                                          As this photo was not supposed to have been released yet, it MAY be the case that her certs were indeed updated and was not yet supposed to be revealed.

This also happened when they updated AIWFCIY and Merry Christmas.

Comment

• You're assuming a lot just for a plaque in the back. She's doing what she likes, she kept doing R&B during the dance days

Comment

• The CD Single now will be out on November 5th for the first week.

Support:
                                              https://mariahcareyshop.com/collecti...tmas-cd-single

Comment

As this photo was not supposed to have been released yet, it MAY be the case that her certs were indeed updated and was not yet supposed to be revealed.

This also happened when they updated AIWFCIY and Merry Christmas.
                                                Oh why does she always have to be so extra about everything lol. Every other artist just updates their certs, the website is updated and a few news articles get written. I still dont see the 7th disc to indicate 7 times platinum but if it has been recertified we will find out soon enough I guess

Comment

I think we should expect something more scaled back for the Special this year.
                                                  scaled back? They doubled her budget, that make no sense.

Comment

Oh why does she always have to be so extra about everything lol. Every other artist just updates their certs, the website is updated and a few news articles get written. I still dont see the 7th disc to indicate 7 times platinum but if it has been recertified we will find out soon enough I guess
                                                    To be fair, this is quite subdued

Here are other artists:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X