No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish the Single cover was better. That photo at the piano would have been perfect. Or something similar.
    There - my only gripe lol.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• She's not being extra, lambs are

Comment

• Originally posted by Itwaswritten View Post

scaled back? They doubled her budget, that make no sense.
        Playing devils advocate here, but there were no confirmations from credible outlets (I've seen) that her budget was doubled. Only rumoured.

But we will see soon enough.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Not sure how I feel about that big falsetto note. Can she realistically do something like that live these days ? I guess any performances will be prerecorded so it doesnt really matter..
          Last edited by InFamous; Tue November 2, 2021, 21:31.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• bm08 said a sentence today that i liked very much and i think it would be cool to repeat it: It's okay not to share every thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              The CD Single now will be out on November 5th for the first week.

Support:
              https://mariahcareyshop.com/collecti...tmas-cd-single
              Do CD singles still count for the Hot 100? I dunno what the rules are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post

Do CD singles still count for the Hot 100? I dunno what the rules are now.
                They're sales. They should

Comment

Support:
                  Just ordered the CD. Too bad I'm in Paris and won't help for the Billboard's position.

It is Amazing 7times platinum TEOM!!!
                  Last edited by chilled; Tue November 2, 2021, 19:32.
                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                    She looks STUNNING in that photo.. and oh! She’s not wearing a gown lol.
                    she generally looks younger and fresher without those gowns

Comment

• I just tried to post a picture but it won’t let me.

what do I need to do?
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                        I just checked RIAA website and TEOM was 6xPlatinum since 06. And there is no record of it going 7x there. So she must have TEOM certified and not gone public about it. That explains the certification she has there.
                        Are we sure it’s not something she’s received before? Don’t they tend to round up these things anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

she generally looks younger and fresher without those gowns
                          It’s mad how much the glittery gowns can age her. That black cardigan off the shoulder (or whatever it is) makes her look 10 years younger.

Comment

Are we sure it’s not something she’s received before? Don’t they tend to round up these things anyway?
                            You can hardly round 6.1 to 7.0 tho. I look at that very closely to check if it is a 6 or a 7. I’m not sure that it is a 7 but it can’t be a 6.

Comment

• That 7.000.000 plaque for TEOM is a plaque she received in France at the Star Academy in December 2005 after she performed at the finale of the show. It was for worldwide sales of the album at the time!

Comment

Support:
                                Good catch! This wasn't the case last night when I bought my CD singles. They wised up I see

So I think for sure "Fall in Love at Christmas" will now debut on the Billboard Hot 100. Recently sales have had a major impact on chart performance, see this week's "Let's Go Brandon" for example or that k-pop group who shall not be named here, lol.

Either way, CD singles + downloads + music video (assuming it too will be released on 11/5) + streaming should = a decent debut or at the very least another Billboard Hot 100 entry for MC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                  That 7.000.000 plaque for TEOM is a plaque she received in France at the Star Academy in December 2005 after she performed at the finale of the show. It was for worldwide sales of the album at the time!
                                  Thanks for the info!

hopefully it’s on the way to 7x platinum since it’s been stuck at 6x for 15 years.
                                  funny how one can learn
                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                  and block it away

Comment

• So excited. Can't wait to hear the full song on Friday.

Good to see everyone is so positive about the song (except for maybe one or two).

It's gonna be a jolly festive season!
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• You’re welcome! I think with streaming she is very close or maybe has even passed the 7 millions but Def Jam is not bothering to certify since she’s not with them anymore…

Comment

It’s mad how much the glittery gowns can age her. That black cardigan off the shoulder (or whatever it is) makes her look 10 years younger.
                                        I like that trouser look she had during the With You video.

She doesn’t where trousers often but when she does it’s so lovely

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                          That 7.000.000 plaque for TEOM is a plaque she received in France at the Star Academy in December 2005 after she performed at the finale of the show. It was for worldwide sales of the album at the time!

Yeah this is the one

Comment

I like that trouser look she had during the With You video.

She doesn’t where trousers often but when she does it’s so lovely
                                            I love the trouser look too. It reminds me of the daydream era which I think is why it makes me think she looks so much younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Obviously she embraces the commercial success and chart numbers that her releases achieved, and enjoys the media and public’s attention towards her new materials. But at the same time, at least in the last 5-10 years, she seems to have this kind of reluctancy of producing anything that sounds slightly pop or trendy-sounding, and keen on releasing songs that sounds like Somewhat Loved (or basically leftovers from mid to late 2000’s), which doesn’t guarantee much commercial or chart success unfortunately.

Caution is a perfect example of how current her releases can sound like but the unfortunate, neither the public, the label, nor herself showed much attention to it. Despite all the positive reviews from the media and the lambs, she rarely showed any appreciation to that album. Probably it’s another example of her stubbornness stepping in, which Caution being an album heavily influenced by multiple current producers, sounding nothing like STD or Somewhat Loved, yet universally loved by the lambs, which is basically a massive slap and F you at her face.

Probably what she enjoys producing and creating now is far from what the public enjoys listening to, but she has to understand that, she is at the stage of her career that, a Mariah Carey song is not equivalent a guaranteed smash hit. She can’t produce anything she likes and expects that to hit #1 just because it’s a Mariah Carey song. I thought she would have understood that after Rainbow. Like many other members have said here, she got nothing else to prove, but at the same time, re-producing the same outdated R&B sounding songs a la Somewhat Loved/WBT Mimi Late night mix would lead her no where close to scoring another big bit/#1 album.
                                              but the part I don’t get is why there’s such a big gap. Yes she may not care that much about chart success and enjoys when she does…..but what explains the massive quality drop releasing songs like Somewhat Loved and the like.

Caution proves she can do it but I don’t get why it’s been so inconsistent. It’s like up and down and down and then up.

the quality of these side songs don’t match any of the quality as some album cuts

Comment

but the part I don’t get is why there’s such a big gap. Yes she may not care that much about chart success and enjoys when she does…..but what explains the massive quality drop releasing songs like Somewhat Loved and the like.

Caution proves she can do it but I don’t get why it’s been so inconsistent. It’s like up and down and down and then up.

the quality of these side songs don’t match any of the quality as some album cuts
                                                perhaps Mariah on her own left to her devices like you said is her biggest holdback at the moment. She hates control but there’s a thing for constructive criticism. I don’t think TEOM would be what it was with you some guidance

was it usher or dupri who asked her to tone down the breathy vocals. It made a big difference

Comment

I love the trouser look too. It reminds me of the daydream era which I think is why it makes me think she looks so much younger.
                                                  There were two highlights for me during that video that gave me a bit of goosebumps. That scene in the trousers and the camera she was playing with and then the one in the black tight jumpsuit.

She looked delicious and very current and very likeable Mariah.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post

Yeah this is the one
                                                    I knew it. We’ve seen many plaques before like this where the numbers are just ridiculous and not always in keeping with the certification.

though surely it’s not too far off 7x? 8x is probably a while away right?

wasn’t it sitting at around 6m when TEOM wrapped up

Comment

Working...
                                                    X