Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Not sure why you're still picking at this other than to disagree for disagreeing sake.
    That’s what that poster always does here. Being contrary for the sake of it.

Comment

• Mmmm I can't really judge much from the snippet so will wait for the full thing.

I think a gospel tinged song could be good for Mariah to let loose with in a live performance, but the whistles make me think this is definitely a studio only song haha

Also, Silk Sonic album is out this week so maybe we will all get a surprise and see a Mariah feature!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

I thought only I noticed this. Exhausting.

Comment

• The meltdowns already, omg. I was a bit let down when I first heard the snippet and I'm liking it more now. I will just wait for the whole thing before judging. ALSO, what we hear on the snippet might not be the full production of the song. I remember when she teased #B and OHOMO, the snippets had some elements of the song missing.
          Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Not sure why you're still picking at this other than to disagree for disagreeing sake.

It is known that none of her studio albums have been updated by RIAA in recent years - unless you count Merry Christmas as a studio album.

Her last non-Christmas studio album to be updated was in 2009.
            Picking? I was simply having a conversation with someone who quoted me. Maybe because they simply arent elegible for recertification.

As you can see her singles have been recertified, because they have been elegible for recertification. I am sure the albums will follow when due upgrades.
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• "All I Want For Christmas Is You" can re-enter the Billboard Hot 100 as soon as it has enough chart points to be at position #50 or higher on the chart.

With iTunes sales charts @ #25-ish
              And Streaming at Apple Music and Spotify charts @ #45-ish each ...

Do we think that'll be enough for the song to re-enter for next week's chart?

This activity only started yesterday though, so it will only have 4 days of this higher activity to chart from. Probably not next week, but the following week, huh? (Unless the song streams/sales go up more these next couple days).

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                "All I Want For Christmas Is You" can re-enter the Billboard Hot 100 as soon as it has enough chart points to be at position #50 or higher on the chart.

With iTunes sales charts @ #25-ish
                And Streaming at Apple Music and Spotify charts @ #45-ish each ...

Do we think that'll be enough for the song to re-enter for next week's chart?

This activity only started yesterday though, so it will only have 4 days of this higher activity to chart from. Probably not next week, but the following week, huh? (Unless the song streams/sales go up more these next couple days).
                NEXT week ? That would be super early surely ? But I guess with streaming picking up and getting going anything is possible !

Comment

• https://youtu.be/6sdmHmiTNMc

Hearing this unofficial acapella version, their vocals sound so raw and a bit mess/overlapping to each other. Demo-vibe. We have to wait for the full version. Maybe some elements were intentionally removed?
                  Last edited by leoapp; Wed November 3, 2021, 01:10.

Comment

The CD Single now will be out on November 5th for the first week.

Support:
                    https://mariahcareyshop.com/collecti...tmas-cd-single
                    Since it has 3 versions of the song in it I guess it counts as 3 sales each time there is a purchase for the single and not an EP sale right ? Who knows it might be a great strategy. I don’t think Khalid made it to the Hot 100 with his latest single despite being top 3 on Spotify in the US the weekend of the release (and *only* 1.5m views on Youtube) so physical sales are definitely needed in the case of Mariah. US lambs just have to do their things to guarantee a Hot 100 entry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Since it has 3 versions of the song in it I guess it counts as 3 sales each time there is a purchase for the single and not an EP sale right ? Who knows it might be a great strategy. I don’t think Khalid made it to the Hot 100 with his latest single despite being top 3 on Spotify in the US the weekend of the release (and *only* 1.5m views on Youtube) so physical sales are definitely needed in the case of Mariah. US lambs just have to do their things to guarantee a Hot 100 entry!
                      Nah. Each CD single will count as one single sale. It is possible to purchase four copies together though.

Comment

• Snippet doesn't sound like the cliche Xmas songs which everyone seems to be putting out these days (bells, wall of sound etc) but is very American holiday sounding - almost Hallmark movie-ish. Will sound excellent when played in the mall or in stores.

I believe the snippet is definitely the last chorus of the song, when it just comes off the bridge/middle eight - she always saves her whistles for the dramatic part plus it has the song title in the snippet, so it points to it being the chorus. This means the earlier choruses in the song should be less dramatic and more vanilla and easier to sing along to.

Comment

• I have a feeling that this song is going to take everyone by surprise.
                          Just my hunch.
                          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Ya the same ol negative “fans” having meltdowns over a snippet. Something’s never change Long live Mariah Carey
                            <3

Comment

And being allowed to, but we love everybody

Comment

• I wonder if there is a possibility of signed copies given that she has the single cover.

Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

And being allowed to, but we love everybody
                                This is also off topic discussion and backseat moderation. Please move on, report and/or use the ignore feature.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah’s paperback book publishers are running a social media ad but its release doesnt seem to be as big of a deal as when the hardback came out a year ago.

I was hoping they would use it as an opportunity to get the book back in the face of potential Grammy voters. But perhaps the release of a paperback is more for longterm backlist sales.

Comment

• The American idol contestant posted about Mariah.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyzLVON...dium=copy_link
                                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                      The American idol contestant posted about Mariah.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyzLVON...dium=copy_link
                                      I remember him.

Mariah seemed to have had a lot of off camera coaching with the contestants. I remember during commercial breaks and after the show she was seen on stage talking to them.

A few of the contestants since the show also mentioned how kind she was.

Comment

• Something else about this pic, other than the plaques on the wall, that is going unnoticed is "The Butterfly Lounge" sign and the Butterfly imprinted pink piano.

I wonder if there is anything to these things or if it is just decor.

Comment

I remember him.

Mariah seemed to have had a lot of off camera coaching with the contestants. I remember during commercial breaks and after the show she was seen on stage talking to them.

A few of the contestants since the show also mentioned how kind she was.
                                          Yeah, I've seen that too! It's great to see that she was really invested, and not just going there, judging and bye.
                                          That's the thing, people who really know her, they all say how nice she is. I remember Joss Stone talking about how generous and kind Mariah was to her, back in the day, on an interview years ago.
                                          One thing Mariah said about this year's Christmas, is that it's going to be huge, like never before, and even If we know we have to take things she says with a grain of salt, I know that there'll be many more surprises coming.
                                          About the sonic album that Kaloki was talking about, I really would love to, we'll see...
                                          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Ooooh, another thing, Mariah said in this clip: -Don't think it's over... listen to the outro. That makes me convincingly think that this is the ending of the regular version.
                                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

• All I Want For Christmas Is You increased it's streams yesterday on Spotify

105 (+1) - Global (934,667)
                                              35 (+10) - United States (397,266)
                                              81 (-15) - United Kingdom (75,366)

Comment

• I remember the guy, Devin Velez.
                                                He sounds amazing... So talented.
                                                Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                #20th No.1

Comment

• Does AIW’s popularity trickle down to the rest of Mariah’s catalog? How about Mariah herself? Does the goodwill the song gets from the general public transfer to her?

Comment

• i am optimistic of AIW's showing again, considering it still manages 900k+ on a Mon which is the weakest day of the week. It may even break 1M this coming friday

Comment

Working...
                                                    X