X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah is over 18 million spotify monthy listeners

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      All I Want For Christmas Is You increased it's streams yesterday on Spotify

105 (+1) - Global (934,667)
      35 (+10) - United States (397,266)
      81 (-15) - United Kingdom (75,366)
      And Rockin at 157. These two are US' Xmas staples.
      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

And Rockin at 157. These two are US' Xmas staples.
        legendary songs, indeed.
        My Chart

Comment

• BTW the new "do not stream and listen to Mariah Carey" campaign by German media has worked as the song is nowhere to be seen on any digital outlets, so far. Maybe that 5 weeks at #1 run from last year was too much for the Djoermans. Their souls remain dark.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            BTW the new "do not stream and listen to Mariah Carey" campaign by German media has worked as the song is nowhere to be seen on any digital outlets, so far. Maybe that 5 weeks at #1 run from last year was too much for the Djoermans. Their souls remain dark.
            Very very strange thing to put their effort into.

Im sure Mariah remains unbothered lol.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• There is a special issue of billboard magazine about Mariah. I saw it and on twitter, not available yet.

Comment

• So from the clip I actually got a bit of a Silk Sonic type vibe and wondered if anyone else had the same? Yes it’s a retro sound but that sound can still be a hit ie Silk’s No.1 hit a few months ago. So let’s wait and see.

I will say tho… the damn music video (ie the clip from the special) better come out Friday too! No half measures please!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                  Does AIW’s popularity trickle down to the rest of Mariah’s catalog? How about Mariah herself? Does the goodwill the song gets from the general public transfer to her?
                  No to all. At this point, aiw is bigger than mariah.
                  AsaPUKE ing bola
                  king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Brandy liked Mariah's post announcing the Apple special.

I keep forgetting about the possibility of a MC-Brandy moment.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

BTW the new "do not stream and listen to Mariah Carey" campaign by German media has worked as the song is nowhere to be seen on any digital outlets, so far. Maybe that 5 weeks at #1 run from last year was too much for the Djoermans. Their souls remain dark.
                      I can only speak to a very quick browsing as I just checked the first week of November for 2020 on Spotify, and the song wasnt on the German Spotify charts. In 2020, on Nov 1, it was apparently #327 on Apple Music but not on iTunes...

So maybe there is an organised campaign, but from this quick view, it seems to be performing similarly to last year around this time?

Comment

I can only speak to a very quick browsing as I just checked the first week of November for 2020 on Spotify, and the song wasnt on the German Spotify charts. In 2020, on Nov 1, it was apparently #327 on Apple Music but not on iTunes...

So maybe there is an organised campaign, but from this quick view, it seems to be performing similarly to last year around this time?
                        Exactly. They can campaign all they want but at the end of the day, if people want to listen to the most popular Christmas song in the world at Christmas, they will.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• She really created the biggest Christmas song of all time the fact 100 years from now when all our faves are forgotten this song will keep her name alive

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                            Does AIW’s popularity trickle down to the rest of Mariah’s catalog? How about Mariah herself? Does the goodwill the song gets from the general public transfer to her?
                            Not usually, and not right now. But over the last 3 years (especially this year), her top 30 songs have been steadily increasing in streams. I think what happens is that AIW introduced Mariah to others who then listen to her catalog outside the season. Or, her AIW exposure has made people more receptive to her music in general.

This year, I wonder if the opposite actually happened. Free Guy has given her big international exposure. Her book has also continued to help her image. When you look at Twitter, her following is increasing with younger listeners. So I think AIW is actually benefitting from all of that.

Plus, the smashing pumpkins videos was genius. Everyone likes to see a "good girl" being aggressive. It's funny and has huge rewatch value. AppleTV is NOT playing this year, and I'm so excited about that!

Comment

• “The first and only performance of the new single” suggests to me that until the special is aired, we’ll get a lyric video this Friday to coincide with the release. Shame really.

Comment

• But even more oddly, 'performance' can only mean one thing in this context - live performance, no?
                                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                  But even more oddly, 'performance' can only mean one thing in this context - live performance, no?
                                  I’m assuming it’s a pre-recorded performance in the special and I can’t see them sharing that before the special itself is released.

Comment

• New AIWFCIY cover is coming announced as Amazon exclusive

María León, Paty Cantú, and María José - All I Want for Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey cover)

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Not usually, and not right now. But over the last 3 years (especially this year), her top 30 songs have been steadily increasing in streams. I think what happens is that AIW introduced Mariah to others who then listen to her catalog outside the season. Or, her AIW exposure has made people more receptive to her music in general.

This year, I wonder if the opposite actually happened. Free Guy has given her big international exposure. Her book has also continued to help her image. When you look at Twitter, her following is increasing with younger listeners. So I think AIW is actually benefitting from all of that.

Plus, the smashing pumpkins videos was genius. Everyone likes to see a "good girl" being aggressive. It's funny and has huge rewatch value. AppleTV is NOT playing this year, and I'm so excited about that!
                                      If you look at last December's and January figures, there was no real increase in non MC X-Mas songs. People did not listen to MC after listening to her Xmas songs.

Yes, there's been a steady increase overall, year-to-year. But this is due to more people listening to Spotify in general. Spotify grows 20-30% each year and all legacy acts and catalogs benefit from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                        “The first and only performance of the new single” suggests to me that until the special is aired, we’ll get a lyric video this Friday to coincide with the release. Shame really.
                                        I think we'll get the music video tbh. I can see a preview dropping tonight or tomorrow?

I am just not sure if it will be different from what is seen on the special?

Comment

I think we'll get the music video tbh. I can see a preview dropping tonight or tomorrow?

I am just not sure if it will be different from what is seen on the special?
                                          Actually yeah.. have I made it up that the video is a performance?

You might be right then haha! Hope so!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Actually yeah.. have I made it up that the video is a performance?

You might be right then haha! Hope so!
                                            No you havent. The press release mention performance specifically.

I guess it is just another wait and see thing. It would be cool if a music video (if there is one) is different from the performance.

Comment

No you havent. The press release mention performance specifically.

I guess it is just another wait and see thing. It would be cool if a music video (if there is one) is different from the performance.
                                              Well I feel like it'll probably be just like last year's Oh Santa Remix: the MV is just taken from the Special and it's kinda a performance as well.

Comment

• Can't they book a talk show!??
                                                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Maybe the special will have some pre-recorded live performances this year, Liron said she was resting her voice

I’d love a Christmas version of “Melt Away”

Comment

Working...
                                                  X