No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing about Anitta, she’s going to praise Mariah!
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I kinda agree about the dresses generally.

However in the It's Time video... I appreciate the image of Mariah in a glittery gown and heels looking all glamorous swinging a baseball bat and bashing a pumpkin

It made it that much funnier.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• If there's one thing we all know by now it's that Mariah Carey is still relevant till this day and age and it's a very bitter pill for other stan bases to swallow so they come with comments like one hit wonder and only relevant during Christmas. With success comes a lot of hate but we know that by now you can't ever count Mariah Carey out. We love everybody and I'm just glad I stan the greatest female artist ever

Comment

• And I love Anitta for doing that every time she can! She has a great sense of humor too.
          About the gowns. I’m glad she’s not wearing them anymore to go to Disneyland at least lol, but yes, a gown it’s something special and when you wear it constantly, like she does, it becomes old news. Plus her kind of gowns are very old Hollywood, and that worked in 2005, not in 2021 ‍
          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Omg the song sounds so laidback, her vocal is quite subtle and soft. Nothing dramatic until the climax. Kinda love it.

Comment

• The gospel choir is all in the outro and there are some nice whistles. I live the outro more. She came in the climax kinda unexpected tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                Omg the song sounds so laidback, her vocal is quite subtle and soft. Nothing dramatic until the climax. Kinda love it.
                Where did you hear it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri View Post

Where did you hear it?
                  It’s available in New Zealand already. Change your IP and go to YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post

It’s available in New Zealand already. Change your IP and go to YouTube
                    Can you give a little description? Are the lyrics nice? Is the melody lovely? Lol is it a crowd pleaser or a Christmas version of Infamous? Ha
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Available in NZ. It's ok. Sorry, I wanted to love it, but...it's ok. The snippet is the best part. It is indeed the final chorus after the bridge. It's a very gentle song, nice background music...dare I say Muzak? The vocals are very whispery but since it is her lower register, there is a hint of full voice. All the vocals are very "fuzzy" - that's the best way to describe it, cos of either the vocal effects on it or cos she has layered multiple takes of the whisper vocals on top of each other. The verses are ok but the chorus is nice. Gentle and sweet is how I would describe it. Oh, there are bells and Xmassy sound effects at the beginning, so you know it is a holiday song...but otherwise, it's a normal song that happens to be about Xmas, although I can actually hear a Christian artist like Amy Grant in the 90s singing it. It's proper melodic AC songwriting.
                      Last edited by Almond; Thu November 4, 2021, 11:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almond View Post
                        Available in NZ. It's ok. Sorry, I wanted to love it, but...it's ok. The snippet is the best part. It is indeed the final chorus after the bridge. It's a very gentle song, nice background music...dare I say Muzak? The vocals are very whispery but since it is her lower register, there is a hint of full voice. All the vocals are very "fuzzy" - that's the best way to describe it, cos of either the vocal effects on it or cos she has layered multiple takes of the whisper vocals on top of each other. The verses are ok but the chorus is nice. Gentle and sweet is how I would describe it.
                        Oh… thanks for this. I’ll wait to hear it before I judge.. I always look forward to her Christmas music more these days because her non Christmas music (caution aside) is a lot less inspired than it used to be. This description sounds like this is very average and the Christmas music is going that way too. However, everyone has different taste and maybe I’ll disagree so fingers crossed.

Ahh ok that last but you added about it being AC melodic songwriting probably means I will like it lol
                        Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Thu November 4, 2021, 11:47.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Oh… thanks for this. I’ll wait to hear it before I judge.. I always look forward to her Christmas music more these days because her non Christmas music (caution aside) is a lot less inspired than it used to be. This description sounds like this is very average and the Christmas music is going that way too. However, everyone has different taste and maybe I’ll disagree so fingers crossed.
                          Yeah, the song is fine, but just don't expect anything worthy of MC or even MC2Y to be honest. But still pleasant and happy to listen to it. Gets better the more you listen but I can't see myself loving it.

Comment

• MOD NOTE:

Please remember that File Sharing is not allowed on UKMIX and could result in a ban.

Comment

• Actually, FILAC is reminiscent of Christmas Time Is In The Air Again - just less "classical/orchestral" and more "modern", plus is a duet. So if you like CTIITAA, then you will no doubt like FILAC. I know many of you really like CTIITAA - if so, you have something to look forward to.

Comment

• CTIITAA? i think i will like it then

Comment

Actually, FILAC is reminiscent of Christmas Time Is In The Air Again - just less "classical/orchestral" and more "modern", plus is a duet. So if you like CTIITAA, then you will no doubt like FILAC. I know many of you really like CTIITAA - if so, you have something to look forward to.
                                  Nice, I like Christmas Time is in the Air Again. Now I’m more excited. Thank you.
                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Actually, FILAC is reminiscent of Christmas Time Is In The Air Again - just less "classical/orchestral" and more "modern", plus is a duet. So if you like CTIITAA, then you will no doubt like FILAC. I know many of you really like CTIITAA - if so, you have something to look forward to.
                                    Ooohhhhh!!! This is good news to my ears Thank you! Now I’m looking forward to listening to it
                                    Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 4, 2021, 12:32.

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• Mariah + a choir >>>>>>>

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          One thing about Anitta, she’s going to praise Mariah!
                                          And she always been like this. Even when she wasn’t famous she was always praising mariah and showing how much she loves mariah and how obsessed she is with her. It’s very genuine

Comment

• I don't mind it at all. It's quite nice.

It is very laid back at first... very subdued.
                                            The vocals are mostly breathy till the outro. Their vocals work so well together. Nice layering.

I'm getting tropical/island vibes from it... the instrumentation adds to that. And strangely an 80s vibe too. Maybe it's just me.
                                            Almost reminiscent of 80s R&B ballads.
                                            Seriously I get an image of a tropical island from an 80s daytime soap lol.

The outro is very interesting.
                                            A slight pick up in energy and possibly tempo. It's the only part of the song that sounds somewhat Christmassy and I like the choir kicking in.

This really works as a non-Christmas song. I'm not getting anything Christmas to it mostly, other than the word Christmas in the lyrics.

It's a cousin to I Only Wanted.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• ^I get what you mean that it doesnt "feel" Christmassy (which I think is a good thing) but the content is definitely serving Christmas.

I love the bridge the most i think. It's so catchy

Comment

• NBC preparing a piece on MC

Comment

• When was the last time that Mariah released a song that most people liked including the general public. I think it has to be Beautiful back in 2014.

something has not clicked ever since.

this song based on peoples descriptions so far looks pretty forgettable. People are just being too lenient with commentary on Mariah’s music.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                    When was the last time that Mariah released a song that most people liked including the general public. I think it has to be Beautiful back in 2014.

something has not clicked ever since.

this song based on peoples descriptions so far looks pretty forgettable. People are just being too lenient with commentary on Mariah’s music.

The difficulty is defining who the "general public" is.

I (now) think it is an elusive concept that is often thrown around when there is a personal dislike for something Mariah releases.

But even without this, I think a question should be asked about why does it even matter what the "general public" thinks at this point?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X