Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

That’s what happens when she has 10 months to make a song “justice” in the studio before releasing it looool
    I don't say those whistle notes ruining the song, but probably one of "not her best" studio whistle notes. Hopefully her live rendition is better.

Comment

• Amazing! Most of people are enjoying the song. We should get it to number one on iTunes and hopefully the streaming is going to pick up soon as well.
      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Are the outros both different or am I going insane? I think I prefer one over the other but both of them kinda give me heavenly vibes.. very busy. I like the main track a lot.
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• This song is lush, laid back, overall really gorgeous. I had to sign in for the first time in ages to comment. Queen really did THAT! I love seeing majority positive reactions here, I hope it continues, she deserves it.

Comment

• Just being realistic here, I don’t think this is going to chart. I’m not sure it’ll make dent in any streaming charts and I’ll be surprised if it goes top 5 on iTunes. YouTube views aren’t great. The physical copies could come through tho so who knows. I hope I’m wrong.
            funny how one can learn
            to grow numb to the madness
            and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

YAAAAASSSSSSSS The return of the voice! The legend is back!
              Thank u mayoandmustard king of condiments
              I am JEREMIMI : World renowned vocalist. Check out my YouTube Channel for over 250+ Mariah renditions, singing tutorials, & more!

Comment

• Not sure if anyone cares but here is the fan video for somewhat loved

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                  Just being realistic here, I don’t think this is going to chart. I’m not sure it’ll make dent in any streaming charts and I’ll be surprised if it goes top 5 on iTunes. YouTube views aren’t great. The physical copies could come through tho so who knows. I hope I’m wrong.
                  Nah I think this is a just a cute song for the fans and lambily, not something planned to be commercially successful at all. I believe the focus for this season will be the Apple Xmas special and AIW. Let’s see.

Btw has anyone managed to order a copy of the Mariah edition billboard magazine?

Comment

• Oh Santa! with all the hype barely charted.
                    This one won't do anything on the Hot 100 but maybe could make a cute appearance on the Holiday Chart (all the versions are in the Top 10 of US iTunes rn).

Comment

• Love the original (long) version the best. Deleted the shorter versions from my playlist.
                      UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Love the original (long) version the best. Deleted the shorter versions from my playlist.
                        Me too! Like that ending is so amazing!

Comment

• Personally, I love the whistles in the song.
                          There's some layered ones that are really good (F6 and G6) that could go unnoticed.
                          But the best part is the tone up there, the quality is back.

She belted a G5 btw.
                          Oh, and supported a C3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Personally, I love the whistles in the song.
                            There's some layered ones that are really good (F6 and G6) that could go unnoticed.
                            But the best part is the tone up there, the quality is back.

She belted a G5 btw.
                            Oh, and supported a C3.
                            I agree! I do not find anything weird with the whistles at all. She sounds heavenly (and no, it’s not a reference to that messy song )

Comment

• The way she sings “Help me sing it again” is my favorite part of the song .
                              the woman is beyond genius …
                              orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                Not sure if anyone cares but here is the fan video for somewhat loved
                                This is funny. I wanted to take part, but forgot about it.

The timing is wrong though. Everyone is listening to her new single now. Don't think there is much interest at this moment for this video.
                                UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best version is the first (long) one for me.

Love the video as well. She looks gorgeous in the gold gown. The other looks are beautiful as well.
                                  I love the Christmas feel, the whole coming together at her Butterfly Lounge. Seeing Roc and Roe.
                                  Everything is just perfect. LOVE it.

me too. I am genuinely obsessed with the song. The vibe is so different to other xmas songs and to her music in general. It is so laid back and classy. The melody is amazing. The background vocals are awesome. This sounds like a classic song already.

I*m such a stan of the song, her vocals, the guest stars on the song and everything around it. A wholesome release. I love it.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• the bridge that leads into the outro with the bells is absolutely genius. I love this part so much. The long version is 5 minutes of pure bliss.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I like the song. And I'm sure It'll grow on me, at the end I will love it. I think it has the potential of becoming a classic.
                                      I love the production, so classy and relaxed, the tropical vibe is very fitting, charming and mature. Khalid verse at the beginning is maybe -I'm shocked too- my favorite part of the song, so haunting and sad. Great opening for a classic that is heartwarming.

I will list a few considerations on aspects that I feel could have been executed in a better way in my opinion.

Mariah voice:
                                      whisper tone is on point, very fluid and pleasant, when not abused (and this song could be on the edge of that)
                                      Belting parts don't sound very pleasant to my ears, I have come to terms with the current sound of her voice, but still don't understand why they don't give those belts some depth and thickness with a little reverb. I'm not sure who's the one to blame, but the effects on her voice lately are not right IMO.

In general, I just wish Mariah did less with the vocals. It's incredible how, so many years into her career, she still hasn't realized that sometimes less is better.
                                      I just wished she has mainly sung her melody straight. But then of course we're talking about Mariah Carey. And I will end up loving all those intricate little tangents and variations, as I always do. I just hope the general public (if one exists) will have my same dedication.

The Outro is still mess.com to my ears, too many things happening, but I'm positive I will decipher every single part and love everything. But as for now, it's a Heavenly type of situation. I also hear a melodyne use on one of her whisper parts, the very last line. It's not very subtle.

Also, when it's a Choir + Mariah situation, I prefer a Choir with a darker tone like she usually chooses (FLAB, Butterfly etc). This one sounds too light, too girly if that makes sense, and does not really compliments her voice IMO.

THE VIDEO. Love the atmosphere, she's beautiful but whatever filter they used on her face is just too much, her facial features are barely there.
                                      Her hair, makeup and gold dress remind me of 2013, when she performed her summer concert and Good Morning America. #Beautiful era.

Sexy Mimi made a comeback, and that felt a little disconnected to the song, which is very heartwarming and gentle.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I'm a bit worried about Trey, Maryann, Takeytha. They have been replaced with younger people... for image purpose, maybe?
                                      Last edited by chefnicolas; Fri November 5, 2021, 15:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post
                                        I agree! I do not find anything weird with the whistles at all. She sounds heavenly (and no, it’s not a reference to that messy song )

Where are u from btw?
                                        With that user name I would think you are from Argentina!

Comment

• Damn, but she's so gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Where are u from btw?
                                            With that user name I would think you are from Argentina!
                                            Argentina? I don’t know her. Kidding! Yes! I’m from Argentina.
                                            Nice to see you back on the forum btw

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

Argentina? I don’t know her. Kidding! Yes! I’m from Argentina.
                                              Nice to see you back on the forum btw
                                              Oh, lord. theres so many of us now!

Comment

• Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
                                                I'm a bit worried about Trey, Maryann, Takeytha. They have been replaced with younger people... for image purpose, maybe?
                                                Think it's only for this song.

Comment

• At least Billboard is supporting! Crazy that FILAC is not in the main “New Release” sections of ITunes nor Spotify

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

Oh, lord. theres so many of us now!
                                                    You too?!!! Hi buddy! I’m from Mar del Plata btw

Comment

Working...
                                                    X