Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
    I wish the Extended version wasn't the default track that people are listening to on Spotify. The general public does not listen to gospel. Also, the running time is too long. It only makes people not want to replay the song. Shorter songs are always the way to go.
    Music for the arts and not for farts.
    My Chart

Comment

• FILAC is such a hilarious acronym to me for some reason.

Comment

• I can't get anything out of the video.

She‘s acting some kind of weird but looks awesome.

The camera work looks amateurish.

The song is average. I can't shake the feeling that the song would be a better one without Mariah's contribution and I've never had that feeling with any collaboration before.

The song is better than Lil Snowman but worse than any song on MC and MC2Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
          I can't get anything out of the video.

She‘s acting some kind of weird but looks awesome.

The camera work looks amateurish.

The song is average. I can't shake the feeling that the song would be a better one without Mariah's contribution and I've never had that feeling with any collaboration before.

The song is better than Lil Snowman but worse than any song on MC and MC2Y.
          ... in your opinion...

I worship the song.

plays so far:

90x - Original
          19x - Extended Radio
          16x - Radio edit

I'm in love.

My Chart

Comment

• I don’t remember see this posted here…..interesting

https://www.broadwayworld.com/cabare...CAREY-20211105

Comment

• The Broadway Sings series have produced some amazing performances.
              This should be great... looking forward to their interpretations of Merry Christmas.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                FILAC is just . Instead of just making predictable holiday music and regurgitating previous works (i.e. Clarkson's "Underneath The Tree" which is one of the most reductive songs in history) Queen delivered a sultry and gorgeous track that's dazzling with nostalgia and chill, such a fresh song with endless replay value. She looks stunningly beautiful as well. Khalid is such a smooth vocalist and I've admired him since I first heard "Talk"; also the gospel portion was genius and easily my favorite part of the song. Mariah really is serving up quality with this song.
                Agree! Just when we all thought it could be another one of those christmas songs, mariah served a whole new take on a christmas song! She's truly a genius!
                AsaPUKE ing bola
                king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

... in your opinion...

I worship the song.

plays so far:

90x - Original
                  19x - Extended Radio
                  16x - Radio edit

I'm in love.

Of course imo.

I really did my best to like the song and I still hope it sparks my passion.
                  I hope for another video from Joseph Kahn and that the song still grabs me as part of the Christmas Special. Of course, I'm glad that the song is getting such a good response after all and that many of you are enjoying it. Maybe the special will hold another new song or another fantastic cover a la Sleigh Ride.

Comment

• FILAC is so addicting! Mariah’s truly a musical genius with this new lamb classic. Lowkey wished she collabed with Bruno Mars for this song. It would smash.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post
                      Mee too! Only listening to the full version. I don’t want anything missing, the whole song is so beautiful to listen to.
                      Same!
                      It's a journey.

Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                      FILAC is just . Instead of just making predictable holiday music and regurgitating previous works (i.e. Clarkson's "Underneath The Tree" which is one of the most reductive songs in history) Queen delivered a sultry and gorgeous track that's dazzling with nostalgia and chill, such a fresh song with endless replay value. She looks stunningly beautiful as well. Khalid is such a smooth vocalist and I've admired him since I first heard "Talk"; also the gospel portion was genius and easily my favorite part of the song. Mariah really is serving up quality with this song.

Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
                      FILAC is so addicting! Mariah’s truly a musical genius with this new lamb classic. Lowkey wished she collabed with Bruno Mars for this song. It would smash.
                      That would've been amazing, tho I love Khalid voice.

Comment

• Can't wait for Nina reaction, and also Lesage Singing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Can't wait for Nina reaction, and also Lesage Singing.
                          Where have you been, lover?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                              Where have you been, lover?
                              Hi bae! <3
                              Long story
                              But summarizing, I moved into another city, kinda started a new life, job promotion, plus I needed a break (and the site wasn't working for me )...
                              But I'm back

Comment

• Yesterday I played FILAC for my friend , obviously he knew I'm a huge Mariah Carey fan, his response.....he kept playing the song repeatedly.....Mariah made a great classic people

Comment

• Addicted to the melody. It's on repeat on my mind.
                                  Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                  Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                  Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Not sure how to post a twitter link, she just posted there a pic of The Roof cover single and said Tonight we go… the Back In Time of the title is marked on the cover

Comment

• The clocks in the UK went back last week so I would never have guessed what she's talking about!! I was so excited. Mariah got me good

Comment

• Ohhh its about the clock time? Hilarious!! I knew I was delusional to expect some kind of stuff for The Roof. Especially now that she entered Christmas mode

Comment

• If she replaced the climax highnote with a long belt (a la wbt) FILAC would have been sooooo much better and more pleasent to radio / the greater audience / my ears

Please, Mimi release another version without this unnecessary highnote - call it laidback version whatevaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                            I don’t remember see this posted here…..interesting

https://www.broadwayworld.com/cabare...CAREY-20211105
                                            We really do need a Mariah show on Broadway.

If people use the tracklist from her audiobook alone you would still have an amazing show. Hopefully this happens sooner rather than later.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post
                                              If she replaced the climax highnote with a long belt (a la wbt) FILAC would have been sooooo much better and more pleasent to radio / the greater audience / my ears

Please, Mimi release another version without this unnecessary highnote - call it laidback version whatevaaa
                                              Yes, she's going to do that surely

Comment

• So what's the deal with RCA? Are they the ones responsible for distributing the song? Is it because both Khalid and Kirk are on that label? Wonder what happened with Epic, I'm confused.I know MC owns the publishing, what of the masters?

I'm sure this song would kill it at the UAC and AC formats, esp the former. When do they start playing Christmas songs? Hope RCA will push it at Radio

Comment

• I really love how Mariah and Khalid's voices blend. It's a joy listen to that

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    Yes, she's going to do that surely
                                                    U sure?

The high note is perfectly placed and executed IMO.
                                                    I wouldn't change anything tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X