Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• First time hearing this...her voice is indeed a musical instrument.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

This song is a great add to her catalogue, I hope if she returns to do the Christmas concerts she sings this, because it could be a highlight and the setlist needs a change
          We definitely needed a break from that same old show. With all that's happened since Dec 19, we need a brand new Christmas Extravaganza.

Comment

• To suggest “England doesn’t like the song” because Georgina pulled it apart is a bit dramatic.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I 100% agree.
              Tho this one is very difficult to perform in a live setting, it's full of harmonies, layers and ad-libs, Trey should do Khalid parts but I'm not sure how that would work. I wonder if the performance from the Apple special will be just the track and they lipping to it or if they've recorded another "less complex" version.
              But definitely a great add to her catalog and I can see me playing the song outside of the season. That's amazing.
              Guitar and voice arrangement like my all would be nice

Comment

I’m sure the “live performance” for the special is most likely gonna be multiple takes and edited. Not a true live performance. It is a filmed special not a concert.
                I don’t think she’d do a stripped version of the song, but that would be nice, at some point. But, not for the Apple Christmas Presentation.
                Last edited by Cashiado; Sun November 7, 2021, 15:31.
                http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post

I’m sure the “live performance” for the special is most likely gonna be multiple takes and edited. Not a true live performance. It is a filmed special not a concert.
                  I don’t think she’d do a stripped version of the song, but that would be nice.
                  I'm not talking about the special

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post

Erm, England is quite modern. You should visit, we have cars and everything now!

​​​​​​
                    really... someone from the US once asked if we had electricity in Europe? I couldn't answer that.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

really... someone from the US once asked if we had electricity in Europe? I couldn't answer that.

On topic, I've given the song a few more spins today - it's growing on me. She's at her best with a choir isn't she? Still not reaching the dizzy heights of her previous Xmas efforts, but what will?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        To suggest “England doesn’t like the song” because Georgina pulled it apart is a bit dramatic.
                        C'mon, we're talking about stevyy

Comment

I'd love a stripped version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                            I don’t think she’d do a stripped version of the song, but that would be nice, at some point. But, not for the Apple Christmas Presentation.
                            We were talking about future shows!
                            The performances from the special are all pre-recorded, just like last year, and it's the first and only rendition of the song - at least this year, that was already confirmed in the press release.
                            IMO it will be the same scenario as Oh Santa! with Ari a J Hud, but this one is even more difficult to lip 'cause the layers, I mean Khalid first verse alone has 3 layers of his voice. It's gonna be very obvious LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

C'mon, we're talking about stevyy
                              Yes lol I missed out the word “typically” haha
                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah surpassed 19.5M monthly listeners on Spotify.

Also, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" reached 940 MILLION streams on Spotify

Comment

• I've completely fallen in love with Fall in Love at Christmas... It's the most beautiful song right now. It makes me feel so many different things, only Mariah can do this to me
                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• This song is such an ear-worm, to be honest.
                                    I might have to stop playing it for a while (on my device and on my mind)
                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• THE chorus is stuck in my brain for days, not gonna lie.
                                      #onlymariah
                                      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                        To suggest “England doesn’t like the song” because Georgina pulled it apart is a bit dramatic.
                                        I'm British and I LOVE it dahhling!!

Comment

• The "and while the northern star" line is stuck in my head for days!!!

Comment

• And can we talk about how divine the vocal blend on "I'm awake but no one knows"

It's perfect.

Comment

• Comment

• The song is just pure ear-candy

Comment

• Someone pointed out that there is a plaque hanging on the wall for GTFO here. I hope we get clarity on these things soon:

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Someone pointed out that there is a plaque hanging on the wall for GTFO here. I hope we get clarity on these things soon:
                                                    GTFO went #1 in like 40 or so countries on Itunes. She got a plague for that.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X