Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
    Low-key hoping that Mariah will be performing AIW live

I don't remember anyone ever performing a xmas song there lol and appleTV+ already stated on the press release the FILAC performance will be the first and only performance

Comment

• I LOVED the song since the first time I heard it. I wasn’t sure about the snippets, but once I heard it fully, I absolutely loved it.

I think people are also not familiar with Kirk Franklin. The outro very much sounds like his music and I love Kirk Franklin’s arrangements. He is urban gospel royalty.

For me, Khalid’s voice complements Mariah’s perfectly. It sounds smooth and sexy. Yes, it’s hard to understand, but I love the sound of it all. Actually I’m infatuated with it and have listened so many times on Amazon, Spotify, YouTube and Facebook!

I also think Mariah is acting a lot more natural in the video. I love how they are just singing to each other, sipping on Black Irish.

And to anyone saying that the Latin-tropical beats don’t sound like Christmas music… I’m from Paraguay and we do celebrate Christmas too. I didn’t even think of it not sounding christmassy until someone said it. Yes, it doesn’t sound like the 1950’s American Christmas classics. I love that Mariah is in a place where she can go with her gut and create her art.

if this is any indication of where she is going with MC16, I’m super excited!

Comment

• I know you're not hating on the song... it's funny actually. I feel the same about a few things you mentioned, and I really like the song nonetheless.

Originally posted by Almond View Post
        And the tone of some of Mariah's vocals sound really jarring (i.e. the very beginning of her verse, where she goes "Ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-and..." - so nasal and jarring. I was actualy shocked (also, it really looks like she is giving the camera the finger in the video at this part...). And in the final chorus, her belts sound like they are played through a tinny transister radio - not sure why it sounds so bad - her belts should be reverbed to heck, as that is one of her many money shots she is famous for.
        Yeah, there are parts of the song where she sounds almost uncomfortable - in the outro the "it is Christmas" line right at the end - 4:43 - she sounds jarring. Not sure of the reason for choosing that vocal delivery. But in a way it sounds almost appropriate for the fervid nature of the outro.

And I lol at the bit where she looks like she's giving the finger. Every time I watch I keep getting taken back by that moment.

Originally posted by Almond View Post
        As for the video - it's cringe. Even though Mariah looks 100/10, Khalid looks like his smile has been permanently botoxed on and is having an ecstatic moment while dreaming in his sleep. And her double-speed recording of the parts makes her look like she can't even lipsynch to a song on a video.
        Agree about Khalid's expressions - it's like they were told to "just smile and look happy all the time".

It's kind of endearing though. I can still watch the video over - to me it has some replay value, and I really enjoy the song.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Lil Snowman is kinda cute, but those are some of her worst vocals is sounds painful tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
            I can’t take this list seriously. Purely because of the first 2.
            And #10 & #11
            Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            Yes. And very commonly used.
            Oh, ok, nice to know, I thought I made it up

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
              I also think Mariah is acting a lot more natural in the video. I love how they are just singing to each other, sipping on Black Irish.

And to anyone saying that the Latin-tropical beats don’t sound like Christmas music… I’m from Paraguay and we do celebrate Christmas too. I didn’t even think of it not sounding christmassy until someone said it. Yes, it doesn’t sound like the 1950’s American Christmas classics. I love that Mariah is in a place where she can go with her gut and create her art.
              I agree and you're right.
              I meant it doesn't sound christmassy enough for the US or UK maybe, which seem to enjoy more the traditional tracks, and also in comparison with recent Xmas releases.

I also love the vid and I don't think MC is acting awkward. She's just being her

MC just created a very complex classic

Comment

• ---

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                  I know you're not hating on the song... it's funny actually. I feel the same about a few things you mentioned, and I really like the song nonetheless.
                  Hahaha - yes, I am not hating on the song at all. I am just judging it against the highest possible criteria - the Mariah Carey Standard. For any other artist, I would be amazed by the song. If the song becomes a major smash or extends her longevity, I will be celebrating with everyone else.

Comment

• I like the honest voice coach, now she is being dragged on twitter that is sad sad sad

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      I still think “Malibu” by Chick with Mariah’s original vocals could be big, same with an uptempo with ILT/WBT/Dreamlover vocals or a dance collaboration a la “Cold Heart” or even a YDKWTD disco type song

It seems like people aren’t as into Christmas music generally this year as the last few years
                      Idk whats her plan on Chick but I hope someone will knock a sense on her to do something about that album i am getting impatient becuase it feels like it will lose steam altogether if it takes so long

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                        I like the honest voice coach, now she is being dragged on twitter that is sad sad sad
                        It is sad and Mariah fans should absolutely not drag her because she didn't like a song.

I haven't watched the video, but I've seen others of hers where she can be quite unfairly negative or harsh and sometimes it comes across as childish (for lack of a better word).

We freely drag each other here for laughs (like certain people hating Almost Home - tasteless) - but doing it to someone who is not part of the 'community' isn't nice.
                        I do hope they stop trashing her.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

I like the honest voice coach, now she is being dragged on twitter that is sad sad sad
                          This is awful!! Georgina is such a beautiful soul, and she has the right to think it's too long or busy for her. I love how honest and yet respectful she's always towards the singers, and she's even a lamb, so it's not like she dragged Mariah or something.

When I saw the video, I thought about the fact that, the audience have been so used to short stuff, that now have problems to give their attention to longer periods of time. And I think that's what happened to her.

Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I’ve just watched the Georgina video and she was absolutely fair! She liked the song but felt like the gospel ending was unnecessary. Also, Khalid has terrible diction when he sings. It’s atrocious lol.

I said a few posts ago that the gospel ending should have been an extended version. It was silly of them to include it in the main version of the song.

I love it. It’s ear Candy, but it’s not for everyone and should have been left off the main version.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• And Georgina is entitled to have an opinion. She's respectful, besides I don't agree with her on this, she's not trashing Mariah. Indeed she says Mariah is her fav vocalist.

Comment

• Toxic lambs are the worst.

You can agree or disagree with Georgina, but it's her honest opinion and she was very respectful - I mean, she even praised MC vocals, the whistles and how good she looks.

I hope this incident won't affect future reviews from her and that she keeps doing them.

Comment

Idk whats her plan on Chick but I hope someone will knock a sense on her to do something about that album i am getting impatient becuase it feels like it will lose steam altogether if it takes so long
                                  I know!
                                  She sounded so excited about it in the Questlove Interview from January this year, I thought she was cooking something.
                                  Maybe she was working on it but then she got busy with the Xmas stuff? The song, the video, the whole special that takes lots of time and effort.
                                  It would be a real shame if she cancels that lil project.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

It is sad and Mariah fans should absolutely not drag her because she didn't like a song.

I haven't watched the video, but I've seen others of hers where she can be quite unfairly negative or harsh and sometimes it comes across as childish (for lack of a better word).

We freely drag each other here for laughs (like certain people hating Almost Home - tasteless) - but doing it to someone who is not part of the 'community' isn't nice.
                                        I do hope they stop trashing her.
                                        And yet some lambs moan about Team Mariah is full of yes people looool

Comment

i like her too... but she complained twice about the length of the song which is unnecessary and has nothing to do with the vocals.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• That Ariana and Mariah interaction in the comment section gave me hope for another collab. Being featured on Ariana's next album would be her most streamed new release in a long time and also so meaningful. Caution and Ari's current sound are way too similar, they NEED to collaborate.

Comment

• https://mimiunleashed2020.wixsite.com/mysite
                                              wow I just happened to stumble on this site and it’s an absolute gem for all lambs
                                              funny how one can learn
                                              to grow numb to the madness
                                              and block it away

Comment

• There seems to be some kind of ringtone alarm during the “falala / fall in love” part it’s triggering anxiety in the back of my brain am I the only one that noticed this “sound” ?
                                                Last edited by Xmas; Mon November 8, 2021, 13:56.

Comment

• Still can’t get over how perfect this performance is!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

i like her too... but she complained twice about the length of the song which is unnecessary and has nothing to do with the vocals.
                                                    I agree with you. She is entitled to her own opinion, and so are the fans. To all people spreading bad names to the lambily, please think twice. There are haters doing that already, there's nothing wrong about being protective to our queen. Having said that, I agree with Georgina, for me the song would have been better finishing at 3.34 or even at 2.53 but in the stage Mariah is now, that wouldn't make any difference chart wise. She doesn't need to look for the most commercial thing, cause it's not going to make a difference, but she released several cuts, just in case . Gospel outtro came from her heart and she wanted to give Mr.Franklin air time in the video clip. This is not for the masses, they have a lot of other Mariah christmas songs to enjoy, I appreciate the fact she's doing something different and respect and support it causes she truly loves it, even if it's not my cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X