Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

    i like her too... but she complained twice about the length of the song which is unnecessary and has nothing to do with the vocals.
    Well she is free to talk about the length of the song if she wants to on her video. It's just her opinion at the end of the day. No big deal if she didnt like the song. I'm not that keen on the outro myself it's heavenly part two.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Lil Snowman is kinda cute, but those are some of her worst vocals is sounds painful tbh.
      There are tastes for everyone. Mine is not that good, so for me it's one of the songs I enjoy the most. It's one of the few from her you can sing along without having a throat-ache. It's just for fun, her buttery, beautiful voice with simple infectious soft rock/pop arrangement. I'm sure she agrees with you somehow as she didn't bother to show up in the video clip, which I think it's the first and only time so far, well some "eternally 12" version of her did, though.

      Comment


      • I think I would appreciate Lil Snowman much more if it was recorded with her current vocals. The song is very upbeat and festive and needs proper justice.
        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

        Comment


        • As far as SUD I have a feeling it will be released in a way like the Rarities part 2 where SUD would be Disk 2 like the Tokyo Daydream tour was for The Rarities.

          Comment


          • Guys, Fall in Love at Christmas has been added to it's a hit on spotify. A playlist with 2.5 millions of listeners. I drop here the link so you guys can stream the song from that playlist to keep it there and keep going up

            https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37...urce=copy-link

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MrDash View Post
              I think I would appreciate Lil Snowman much more if it was recorded with her current vocals. The song is very upbeat and festive and needs proper justice.
              I'm really interested to know which part you or any other fan who dislikes the song think she could have done better. For me its a song anyone can sing, and there's nothing wrong about it.

              Comment


              • but i do think it deserve a better MV though, its the only MV that doesn't feature Mimi herself i think?

                Comment


                • Fall in love at Christmas , I'm literally obsessed with it, I listen to it on repeat OMG HELP !!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                    but i do think it deserve a better MV though, its the only MV that doesn't feature Mimi herself i think?
                    I think so. There's also a few christmas animated videos, but you can tell is Mariah. I think cute curly girl is "eternally 12 Mariah" too which is a bit creepy considering there's this little boy resembling Rocky, lol.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

                      I'm really interested to know which part you or any other fan who dislikes the song think she could have done better. For me its a song anyone can sing, and there's nothing wrong about it.
                      No specific part really. Her voice sounded very strained all over. A re-recording is a must cause the song itself is quite catchy but the vocals aren’t really impressive. I’m very sure that her current voice will suit the song much better.
                      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                        Fall in love at Christmas , I'm literally obsessed with it, I listen to it on repeat OMG HELP !!!!!!
                        Even if I don’t play it, it just keeps going in my head all DAY long, when I woke up, while working, before sleeping ... I really don’t understand this, cause it has never happened before. I think I might just need to see a doctor
                        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Toxic lambs are the worst.

                          You can agree or disagree with Georgina, but it's her honest opinion and she was very respectful - I mean, she even praised MC vocals, the whistles and how good she looks.

                          I hope this incident won't affect future reviews from her and that she keeps doing them.
                          I wrote to her to give her support. LOL
                          I hope she sees it.
                          Underneath The Stars

                          Comment


                          • I can be very harsh with Mariah but Lil Snowman is a BOP. Lambs can be chopped and served with fries!

                            Comment


                            • Yikes FILAC has dropped to #73 on US iTunes.

                              I can’t help but think if Oh Santa! Remix had been given the earlier than the special premiere treatment along with physical singles like this has, it would’ve gone top 40, maybe even Top 20.
                              funny how one can learn
                              to grow numb to the madness
                              and block it away

                              Comment


                              • Adele’s “Hold On” sounds Christmasy/R&B/Soul, very Anytime You Need A Friend sound wise, and Amazon is using it in their Christmas commercial, I really think this year we might get one week at most

                                I really hope the next album has a ballad in that vein where Mariah just sings in full voice for the whole thing

                                Last edited by allygdale; Mon November 8, 2021, 17:25.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                  Yikes FILAC has dropped to #73 on US iTunes.

                                  I can’t help but think if Oh Santa! Remix had been given the earlier than the special premiere treatment along with physical singles like this has, it would’ve gone top 40, maybe even Top 20.
                                  Probably, because there was a lot of hype from fans being excited to hear Mariah and Ariana singing together. Jhud was great by the way, but I know that fandoms were specially excited to hear them both.

                                  Just to comment on Lil Snowman. I love that song and was a great addition for the movie, but I must agree that the vocals were rough to say the least.
                                  Underneath The Stars

                                  Comment


                                  • I love MiMi but I'm definetelly not into that song. First of all I don't understand a word of what they're singing. Second, it doesn't make me feel in christmas, and third, the melody is not catchy enough. The song will never be hit...

                                    Comment


                                    • LOL @ Mariah getting tired of us not delivering worthy ornaments of her!

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                        As far as SUD I have a feeling it will be released in a way like the Rarities part 2 where SUD would be Disk 2 like the Tokyo Daydream tour was for The Rarities.
                                        That sounds to good to be true

                                        But anyway, if she releases SUD one day I prefer if it's not part of The Rarities II and it's a separate project instead, so it can get more attention.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MrDash View Post
                                          No specific part really. Her voice sounded very strained all over. A re-recording is a must cause the song itself is quite catchy but the vocals aren’t really impressive. I’m very sure that her current voice will suit the song much better.
                                          I agree.

                                          Not only the vocals (so constricted and lots of tension) but the tone. It sounds so bland and life-less.

                                          The song issa bop tho. But without her voice.

                                          It's a shame 'cause sonically is so interesting and kinda fresh (in her catalog).


                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by chilled View Post
                                            I wrote to her to give her support. LOL
                                            I hope she sees it.
                                            I did the same (via private).
                                            I hope she's feeling good and understand that it's only a part of the (crazy) fandom.
                                            She doesn't deserve that sh!t, especially when she's a lamb herself and always put the focus on the positive things.
                                            Some casual fans/fans/lambs have said way worst things here, on YT, Twitter, Insta...
                                            It's just not fair

                                            Comment


                                            • Love that the commercial had new vocal moments. Clearly a lot of effort went into it
                                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                              Comment




                                              • Comment


                                                • Comment


                                                  • Her low and mid range are the best parts of her voice right now. I wish she realized this.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X