Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

I'm really interested to know which part you or any other fan who dislikes the song think she could have done better. For me its a song anyone can sing, and there's nothing wrong about it.
    Well, I'm not a fan of her high whispering voice. Why can't she sing in a "normal" voice as in Miss You Most or Whenever You Call? Is it her personal choice? It it technically more difficult than it was before? I always feel this whispery voice is too "high" and not very pleasant to my ear, allthough in this song it's done quite well. And she tends to mumble when she uses this part of her voice. Also, I'm not a fan of this endless little and complex runs and endless layering so that its hard to find a structure in the song. Also Khalids layered verses at the beginning sound so annoying for me - I first thought it was autotuned. It doesn't give me warm "christmassy" feeling. A christmas song gets its magic from its simplicity imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Haha, love the Rainbow cover at the wall! But this chipmunk belting sounds so unnatural - what's so bad about the original recording?

Comment

Those two vocal moments sh@t on everything on FILAC.

That‘s the Mimi we want to hear.

She still got the voice (and proves it always live on her concerts) ... it‘s just the style of music she‘s releasing about 15+ years now that doesn‘t let her talent shine.

you can hate me as much as u want, but even Mariah Carey with every creative freedom she has achieved, should be able to see that her music after touch my body hasn‘t been making ANY impact.

She is wasting her talent and THAT‘S what making me upset! She is drop dead beautiful, has THE voice but is stubborn as f@ck #sad

Comment

• Meemz literally sounds like baby Michael Jackson (from Jackson 5) on the new vocals in the ad... She could rerecord HWGAA now and sneak it on the charts as a lost Jackson 5 song... or rerecord Lil Snowman and fool everyone that a new teenage artist had released it...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            Her low and mid range are the best parts of her voice right now. I wish she realized this.
            It’s true, the vocals on FILAC are excellent until the climax. She should be making bangers a la So Lonely right now.
            funny how one can learn
            to grow numb to the madness
            and block it away

Comment

I did the same (via private).
              I hope she's feeling good and understand that it's only a part of the (crazy) fandom.
              She doesn't deserve that sh!t, especially when she's a lamb herself and always put the focus on the positive things.
              Some casual fans/fans/lambs have said way worst things here, on YT, Twitter, Insta...
              It's just not fair
              No, it isn't fair. By the way, I love the new commercial with new vocals, it's so cute!
              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

It’s true, the vocals on FILAC are excellent until the climax. She should be making bangers a la So Lonely right now.
                You just be trolling

Im just saying more full voice, a la WBT, not including the last minute even

Comment

• I looove that commercial. so cute. Cartoon Mariah is always my go-to-place. I'd love an animated Christmas Special in the future.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Almond View Post
                    Meemz literally sounds like baby Michael Jackson (from Jackson 5) on the new vocals in the ad... She could rerecord HWGAA now and sneak it on the charts as a lost Jackson 5 song... or rerecord Lil Snowman and fool everyone that a new teenage artist had released it...
                    I know, living for this cute snippet for the holiday collection

Her tones are serving TEOM, that’s why I’m like, bish, serve us a healthy helping of that midrange too please
                    Last edited by allygdale; Mon November 8, 2021, 20:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I can’t take this list seriously. Purely because of the first 2.
                      You can't be a lamb if you don't like the first one. The Star is everything Mariah is known for: inspirational lyrics, the building towards the end of the song, it's all very Mariah. It's everything I love Mariah for.

As for Lil Snowman, I think it's one of her most fun songs. And I love to hear her do something different once in a while.
                      My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

You just be trolling

Im just saying more full voice, a la WBT, not including the last minute even
                        How am I trolling? I think the she sounds perfect in the verses of FILAC and I think So Lonely was one of the singles that got away
                        funny how one can learn
                        to grow numb to the madness
                        and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by mimiongaku View Post

Well, I'm not a fan of her high whispering voice. Why can't she sing in a "normal" voice as in Miss You Most or Whenever You Call? Is it her personal choice? It it technically more difficult than it was before? I always feel this whispery voice is too "high" and not very pleasant to my ear, allthough in this song it's done quite well. And she tends to mumble when she uses this part of her voice. Also, I'm not a fan of this endless little and complex runs and endless layering so that its hard to find a structure in the song. Also Khalids layered verses at the beginning sound so annoying for me - I first thought it was autotuned. It doesn't give me warm "christmassy" feeling. A christmas song gets its magic from its simplicity imo.
                          Juancito75 was talking about Lil Snowman. She is not using her whispering voice on that song. She isn't doing endless little and complex runs on Lil Snowman neither. Reading your last two sentences, I guess you talk about her new song all this time while you are quoting someone asking about Lil Snowman...
                          My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• I like Lil Snowman but she sounded like she just woke up after 3 days of drinking beer non-stop.

Comment

• I have now played FILAC 300 times. Can it go 400 tomorrow?

216x Original
                              44x Extended Radio
                              40x Radio Version

<3
                              My Chart

Comment

• We are being fed

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Don't get me started on what's wrong with The star.
                                  'Cause everything's wrong, basically.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Juancito75 was talking about Lil Snowman. She is not using her whispering voice on that song. She isn't doing endless little and complex runs on Lil Snowman neither. Reading your last two sentences, I guess you talk about her new song all this time while you are quoting someone asking about Lil Snowman...
                                    Sorry, my fault, I indeed had FILAC in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      We are being fed

not only first vision, but also around the world, live in japan, here is mariah carey..

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

How am I trolling? I think the she sounds perfect in the verses of FILAC and I think So Lonely was one of the singles that got away
                                        So Lonely is a huge bop, we just got Where I Belong

I think her head vox sound lovely in FILAC, similar to GTFO vocals

I get bored if they dominate a song when it’s like, ok, we had them on the verse, now on the chorus, it shifts my attention away from the song

When her voice is strong, the full mids and freer belts mid and high like in that Twitter snippet that always have me on my ass

Comment

• I've been to 7 or 8 concerts at the O2 in London and The Star was the only song at any of them that managed to put all 12,000 people in the audience to sleep. People weren't even clapping at the end, they were just thankful it was over.

Why The Star gets performed when she has One Child I have no idea

Comment

• Comment

• I wish she'd give us something new... in terms of concert material.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                                I've been to 7 or 8 concerts at the O2 in London and The Star was the only song at any of them that managed to put all 12,000 people in the audience to sleep. People weren't even clapping at the end, they were just thankful it was over.

Why The Star gets performed when she has One Child I have no idea
                                                The star is cute. But I agree on the OC part. that song needs to be in her canon each time and always.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Release the damn CB Tour, giiiirl.
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    I wish she'd give us something new... in terms of concert material.
                                                    True.

But this is quite a lot tbh
                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Working...
                                                    X