Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    I wish she'd give us something new... in terms of concert material.
    While not quite “new”, this marks the first video release for purchase of the Tokyo Dome concert (outside of Japan’s version of The Rarities).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

True.

But this is quite a lot tbh
      Aside from Tokyo Dome and the First Vision, the others were available to purchase for years. I wonder when they disappeared.
      funny how one can learn
      to grow numb to the madness
      and block it away

Comment

• 2 versions of FILAC have been added to Apples main Christmas playlist, both quite high up too which will give it a huge boost in December, double the streaming points

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

I'm really interested to know which part you or any other fan who dislikes the song think she could have done better. For me its a song anyone can sing, and there's nothing wrong about it.
          Please record yourself singing the outro I don't dislike the main part of the song, it is nice, but the outro is where I feel she overdid it, too much going on, too busy, too many vocals flying in from everywhere. That part might be better with a visual on stage, not sure, but it doesnt really work for me on headphones. It just reminds me of Heavenly which I didnt like either for the same reasons.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Further confirms another visual for the song coming in special

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I think the Honest Vocal Coach deserves to be dragged for parts of her review. Yes, she gushed over her vocals and whistle, LOVE that, but it was really her comments pertaining to Kirk that were off. My bf walked in while she was making that hand gesture signaling 'rap' during Kirks part, which btw isn't even rap, and he immediately noticed how tone deaf it was. She is a yt woman and clearly doesn't understand poc flavored music like r&b and gospel, and it just made her look ignorant to a poc household watching her videos. I hope she learns from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                I've been to 7 or 8 concerts at the O2 in London and The Star was the only song at any of them that managed to put all 12,000 people in the audience to sleep. People weren't even clapping at the end, they were just thankful it was over.

Why The Star gets performed when she has One Child I have no idea
                One Child is amazing , i love it. The stripped down version is sheer bliss.

Comment

• I think Mariah is working to have more and more control of all her musical outputs. Most new songs are all for her own imprint. I now wonder what are the current negotiations for her debut/emotions masters given the 30 year milestone.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post
                    I think the Honest Vocal Coach deserves to be dragged for parts of her review. Yes, she gushed over her vocals and whistle, LOVE that, but it was really her comments pertaining to Kirk that were off. My bf walked in while she was making that hand gesture signaling 'rap' during Kirks part, which btw isn't even rap, and he immediately noticed how tone deaf it was. She is a yt woman and clearly doesn't understand poc flavored music like r&b and gospel, and it just made her look ignorant to a poc household watching her videos. I hope she learns from this.
                    The clip in question...

Comment

• Mariah has a story in HITS about the release of FILAC. This is a big deal as she rarely gets featured there for new music. Interesting.

THEY CALL THE WINDFALL MARIAH, PART 37
                      https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=...IAH%2C-PART-37

Mariah Carey is a Christmas-music VIP, and her impact on yuletide playlists, thanks to the seasonal streaming supernova "All I Want for Christmas Is You," is as substantial as that of Bing Crosby and Burl Ives. So when Mariah drops a new holiday song, it's a major development.
                      The pop/R&B siren has teamed up with Khalid and Kirk Franklin for "Fall in Love at Christmas," which will be released via her MARIAH imprint in tandem with RCA and RCA Inspiration. You can peep the video below. We got the feels just from watching, so we can only imagine how Khalid felt singing with Mariah.
                      The video, filmed at Carey’s home and the Butterfly Lounge in L.A., also co-stars the singer's 10-year-old twins, Monroe and Moroccan. Look for a Mariah Christmas special on Apple TV+ tofeature the only live performance of "Fall in Love." A three-track CD is available for preorder here and will be in Target stores on 12/3.

We asked RCA Inspiration's Phil Thornton for comment, but he was still working on his third glass of eggnog.

Comment

The clip in question...

Thank you. Exactly how it came across. So tone deaf, which is a real shame because I've been watching her videos for ages. On a more positive note, Fall In Love At Christmas is at 901k videos, close to a million, not bad!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post

Thank you. Exactly how it came across. So tone deaf, which is a real shame because I've been watching her videos for ages. On a more positive note, Fall In Love At Christmas is at 901k videos, close to a million, not bad!!
                          The part that gets me is that Kirk Franklin is doing exactly what he does on any other song of his. I’ve been listening to Kirk Franklin since the 90’s and the outro sounds more like a Kirk Franklin song than a Mariah song. It’s his style in the harmonies, the phrasing, all of it. I can’t think of any way she could collaborate with him that wouldn’t sound like this.

I was also thinking about what people said that the version without the outro should have been the main version. I get that and generally agree. A lot of people don’t like Gospel music. However, that’s Kirk’s main part. I think you can’t call it a collab and then not feature him in the main version. That’s probably why they did it like that…

I think it’s more like, “Here’s what we made, but here’s a version without this part for those who need it.”

Comment

• Yeah, she didn’t need to mock Kirk Franklin like that. She kinda rubbed me the wrong when she did that. I’m not saying she’s a racist but it was certainly uncalled for. Being deliberately rude for no reason especially since he’s ten time’s the musician she could ever be.
                            Last edited by darnellabc; Mon November 8, 2021, 22:47.
                            I AM A GOD!

Comment

• FILAC has been stuck in my head for days! I woke up with the gospel outtro in my head. I've been humming and singing the chorus, fa la la and gospel parts all day. FILAC is THAT good!!! I love it a lot. Song of the year for me!

I'm also enjoying the video and it has been on constant repeat. Btw .. did y'all catch a glimpse of the two plush MC Xmas dolls on the mantle by the Butterfly Lounge neon sign at the beginning of the video? I want it bad! Are those sold already?

Also she has bottles of Black Irish in the background if you look closely and that was probably what they were drinking.​​​​​
                              Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                              Your basic faves could never

Comment

We are being fed

I loved this vhs

Comment

• Am still loving FILAC immensely. Such great collaboration. The gospel outro part one of highlights for.

Comment

• Which songs did she write about Luis? I'm just watching the series now

Comment

• We definitely have needed a Charmbracelet tour concert for years but what I find mind blowing is that she/they never released any of the Vegas shows I thought that was a given. I’d also love SSF tour and Caution tour at some point.

Comment

• Also having watched Mary J Bliges documentary on her album My Life a pivotal album early on in her career it made me dream of Mariah doing something similar for Butterfly. I’d love to hear more in-depth stories about the recording and writing of the album and the head space she was in, like go all in. Interview all the producers and musicians (even Walter).

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

The part that gets me is that Kirk Franklin is doing exactly what he does on any other song of his. I’ve been listening to Kirk Franklin since the 90’s and the outro sounds more like a Kirk Franklin song than a Mariah song. It’s his style in the harmonies, the phrasing, all of it. I can’t think of any way she could collaborate with him that wouldn’t sound like this.

I was also thinking about what people said that the version without the outro should have been the main version. I get that and generally agree. A lot of people don’t like Gospel music. However, that’s Kirk’s main part. I think you can’t call it a collab and then not feature him in the main version. That’s probably why they did it like that…

I think it’s more like, “Here’s what we made, but here’s a version without this part for those who need it.”
                                          I think it is a generalization to declare that people who dont like that part dont like gospel music in general. I love a lot of gospel music but I find that part a bit overdone. And it is not his part that I have a problem with anyway, I just feel there are too many vocals flying in from everywhere. I dont know what bit to listen to haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by rashmimimi View Post
                                            Which songs did she write about Luis? I'm just watching the series now
                                            I think Thank God I found you and I don't know If something else
                                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post
                                              Those two vocal moments sh@t on everything on FILAC.

That‘s the Mimi we want to hear.
                                              She slayed those E5s
                                              Open, healthy and natural sounding. It's like a mix of 1994 & 1998 tone.

Her belts in FILAC are thinner and not this healthy and open.
                                              FILAC belting sounds more like QuarantineRiah/WBTLateNightMixRiah (more metallic) while the belts on this ad are warmer and healthier.
                                              Remember she recorded FILAC in February/March, and she probably recorded this recently, which makes me really excited.
                                              If this is where her current voice is at at this moment she's going to slay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri
                                                Some people are so insecure, they always link everything to racism. And, for most of these people, POC in america only means black.

Absolute pointless post.

Comment

The clip in question...

YES this is the part where I was a bit confused with what she was saying, “sounding less Christmassy and more like ...”

More like what? Too urban?
                                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• She even made some faces and hand gestures, it felt like she’s mocking Kirk and his style of music.
                                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X