Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I forgot to mention about this, but her whistles now, in this record, sound like actual whisltes - and not with that super-head-voice-ish, heavy quality.

I also love the fact that they're quite raspy and they even sound polyphonic at times.

That truly shocked me, because the few high notes on Caution, A No No remix and Sugarplum were more operatic head voice

I knew the whistle register was actually back when she re-recorded the Oh Santa high note with Ari and these new WBT longer ones confirm it, like, not only is it back but she did gorgeous long runs in it, Bliss and Angels (Prelude) style

The only reason I didn’t make a big deal about it is because I’m not sure if accessing it hurts her vocal chords otherwise

Last edited by allygdale; Fri February 26, 2021, 02:27.

Comment

• We love the classics, but if Mariah is going for a cover in her next album - which I doubt - I hope is something unexpected and new-ish. For example, I love to hear her take on Diamonds by Rihanna (a song that she loves) or even Stay. I'm not saying that she needs to cover RiRi (could be anybody with a good & popular song), I'm just saying that I would love a cover of a more current track. I would also love some rock-ish track, bring BOTH 2.0 and I'll be happy af.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        The only reason I didn’t make a big deal about it is because I’m not sure if accessing it hurts her vocal chords otherwise
        I don't think so tbh. I mean, I don't think she would put her voice on any risk now that is in good form.
        I think her whistle register is finally back, maybe she found a way to access without hurting her vocal folds, she knows ALL the tricks at this point!
        Plus she's whistling all the time now, quality is there, vibrato is there. She's more than fine IMO.
        This is only my opinion, but I think all she needed was some practice. Like she started to stop using that register live around 2009-ish but still used it only at some points (tho most of them were lipped). Beacon '14 was an exception. Then she stopped again and didn't use it until late '18-early '19 when she started whistling every night live during the Caution Tour and since then she slowly has regained control and quality. But she's smart and knows her limits, or better said what is "healthy", see that she's all the time in the 6th octave, F6-G#6 being her "money" area. And it works perfectly!

Comment

• Is it weird that the Chick track I’m most anticipating is “Surrender” with Mariah’s vocals only?

“Malibu” will be a slay too
          Last edited by allygdale; Fri February 26, 2021, 02:49.

Comment

• Yasss, can't wait to listen to the full thing but I think "Malibu" will be a favorite of mine

Comment

• Comment

• Unpopular opinion, but I love Ribbon.
                And I really like the version with The Dream & Ludacris.

Comment

Unpopular opinion, but I love Ribbon.
                  And I really like the version with The Dream & Ludacris.
                  It ain't unpopular. I LOVE Ribbon, it's a bop. Actually it's one of the best tracks on MOAIA and it could've worked as a single.
                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Is it weird that the Chick track I’m most anticipating is “Surrender” with Mariah’s vocals only?

“Malibu” will be a slay too
                    Surrender was one of the song that is on repeat when I listen to SUD album. I hear Mariah's voice mostly on the background and yes one of my fave it is just so good and they are even better than the original by cheap trick

Comment

• I still can’t tell some of these remixes apart

Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

I don't think so tbh. I mean, I don't think she would put her voice on any risk now that is in good form.
                        I think her whistle register is finally back, maybe she found a way to access without hurting her vocal folds, she knows ALL the tricks at this point!
                        Plus she's whistling all the time now, quality is there, vibrato is there. She's more than fine IMO.
                        This is only my opinion, but I think all she needed was some practice. Like she started to stop using that register live around 2009-ish but still used it only at some points (tho most of them were lipped). Beacon '14 was an exception. Then she stopped again and didn't use it until late '18-early '19 when she started whistling every night live during the Caution Tour and since then she slowly has regained control and quality. But she's smart and knows her limits, or better said what is "healthy", see that she's all the time in the 6th octave, F6-G#6 being her "money" area. And it works perfectly!
                        And you know why she sounds better? Because she had time for herself. Not touring, not hurting her vocals. That's what I said how she can get back her voice.

Comment

I think it still hurts her vocals. But glad she did it at least for the record.
                          These high notes/voice i know very well from WBT/Mine Again, Touch My Body, Infinity (it hurt her very because it last a few seconds). And now after almost 6yrs she sing with these high notes again! I hope she will protect her vocals from now 2x more because you all can see what is she able if she sings less and give rest to her voice

Comment

• THAT 'S it THAT'S HOW YOU DESCRIBE her insaniTEA notes!! "PolyPhonic"

she has incredible OVERtones.....in just about every frickin note outtah her...but the whistles are really remarkable with the over AND undertones

i can't believe these notes EVER "left her"

Originally posted by allygdale View Post

That truly shocked me, because the few high notes on Caution, A No No remix and Sugarplum were more operatic head voice

I knew the whistle register was actually back when she re-recorded the Oh Santa high note with Ari and these new WBT longer ones confirm it, like, not only is it back but she did gorgeous long runs in it, Bliss and Angels (Prelude) style

https://youtu.be/qUhSPrKZp2I

Comment

• There are a couple of "new music" loose ends not tied up from MC.

In December 2019, she mentioned two male collaborators she was excited about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=975&...ature=youtu.be

And we know in Fall 2020, she was mentioning someone was interested in Goin Up Yonder (or something similar) and was expecting it to come out in time for Christmas 2020, but we know this didnt materialise.

So I wonder what the status of these projects are...if they were just conversations or actual music done?
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                There are a couple of "new music" loose ends not tied up from MC.

In December 2019, she mentioned two male collaborators she was excited about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=975&...ature=youtu.be

And we know in Fall 2020, she was mentioning someone was interested in Goin Up Yonder (or something similar) and was expecting it to come out in time for Christmas 2020, but we know this didnt materialise.

So I wonder what the status of these projects are...if they were just conversations or actual music done?
                                kanye’s church released an album at Christmas time, maybe she was going to piggy back onto that if it had hype but it went unnoticed

Comment

• ^I really wanted Kanye's sample of ABMB to materialise. It seemed to be an interesting direction for the song:

Comment

• Here's The Audio for Mariah's Interview with Cardi B:

https://soundcloud.com/user-935790982

Comment

Is this even a question?

Fantasy was like a cultural reset in music.
                                      Idk. Genie is not bad song, but it's overplayed and so electronic to me. With replaced electro stems with acoustics I'd prefer it.

Comment

• I love how unfiltered Cardi B is! She don’t care care that she’s talking to The Mariah Carey! She’s gonna cuss and talk about sucking dick all she wants!
                                        I AM A GOD!

Comment

Rare (gorgeous) picture from MB Era.

Via @basiazamorska
                                          Give to that photo some life

Comment

• Originally posted by XanderIsMe05 View Post
                                            Here's The Audio for Mariah's Interview with Cardi B:

Damn it’s already deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Damn it’s already deleted
                                              One of the timestamps had it up from 2 days ago and others just yestrday. So I guess they were found in error, but may be posted officially soon? For now, it's been ripped here:

I do like the audio interview more. I thought their reflections on growing up and the music industry were quite profound.

Comment

• Originally posted by XanderIsMe05 View Post
                                                Here's The Audio for Mariah's Interview with Cardi B:

I was listening to a bit of this earlier, and then came back to listen some more and can't find anything on the page as if they removed it. Anyone else having the same issue, or just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

One of the timestamps had it up from 2 days ago and others just yestrday. So I guess they were found in error, but may be posted officially soon? For now, it's been ripped here:

I do like the audio interview more. I thought their reflections on growing up and the music industry were quite profound.
                                                  thank u

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                                    It ain't unpopular. I LOVE Ribbon, it's a bop. Actually it's one of the best tracks on MOAIA and it could've worked as a single.

I've seen lots of hate toward Ribbon before!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X