Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
    I can't believe it. I was just checking that on google for laughs!!!
    Still so funny

Originally posted by MrDash View Post
    Hahaha yeah. I remember she said last year that she’s gonna make her own version. Glad to see her keep that promise
    It wasn't approved last year
    The one from her collection looks amazing, I'd love to have one.

Originally posted by Michiel View Post
    My boyfriend bought this for me last Christmas, and he had no idea this ‘thing’ was getting so much attention online. Now that was a moment !
    LMAO!!!
    It went viral last year

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I replayed it a few times on IG. She sounds so good!
      Agreed. Everything about the commercial is top tier. I love it!
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        Exactly and she said it during the Rainbow promo
        Yep.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        lovely. it's still doing 200k per day. I hope that it won't fall below this mark.
        And I hope with the playlisting it doesn't fall on Spotify!

Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
        I feel like we’re getting a diamond certification this year.
        Yasss

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
          I replayed it a few times on IG. She sounds so good!
          IKR?!
          Loving the youthful girly tone <3

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Fans are being too picky here. Does it really matter if a mole is in the exact place as she has it?
          I agree, LMAO

---

P.S. I know Khalid has a lazy diction but I love his part, the layering with the 3 voices sounds so soothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
            Never seen this. She's always been the same

That suit reminds me of the one she wore on Sleigh Ride. Lol.

Comment

• Just like that, FILAC has crossed 360 streams (since Friday)

NOV 5 - 78 streams
              NOV 6 - 46 streams
              NOV 7 - 87 streams
              NOV 8 - 92 streams
              NOV 9 - 59 streams
              = 362 streams.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I think it is a generalization to declare that people who dont like that part dont like gospel music in general. I love a lot of gospel music but I find that part a bit overdone. And it is not his part that I have a problem with anyway, I just feel there are too many vocals flying in from everywhere. I dont know what bit to listen to haha.
                Yes, I think I was unclear. I was responding to people who made the statement that Gospel isn't as popular, so the GP could be turned off by the outro (hence suggesting that the part without the outro should be the main song). I agree that the main version doesn't follow the regular format.

And I agree with you that the outro is super busy. But I also think that even that business is actually Kirk Franklin's part. He arranges choirs. That whole part is probably his arrangement. Although it does sound similar to Heavenly, which was Mariah's arrangement... So I guess I don't know what I'm saying! lol. You're note wrong. But I live for the outro (and I also love Heavenly, so consider the source, lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Fans are being too picky here. Does it really matter if a mole is in the exact place as she has it?
                  I mean if Pop Funko and Proud Family can do it right why not the official store ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

I mean if Pop Funko can do it right why not the official store ?
                    I agree with InFamous that it is being nitpicky, but understand the frustration too.

I guess I dont care as much as these are Mariah approved (i.e. she stated she worked on them all year). So if she doesnt mind it, I dont mind either.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

I dont think so? She never told us who her songs were about until the book came out, cause she always said it was better they were left open to interpretation. Obv we have played the guessing game over time, sometimes correctly, but I dont think theres an actual quote from her saying its about Luis. It would make sense, of course…..but to my ear, it’s not a personal song, and she peppers personal songs with coded references to the individual.

edit: youre right, she says thank god I found you to him in Spanish.
                      It is about him:

Plus,

I Only Wanted - Luis's ex-manager, the one who said that Luis was devastated after his break up with Mariah and that he (Luis) still declares Mariah the love of his life, said in his book that that song was about Luis.

You Had Your Chance - Mariah mentioned that Luis tried to reconnect with her in Aspen in 2002, but was blown off because he was MIA during the Glitter mess. "Where were you when I needed you most?"

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I agree with InFamous that it is being nitpicky, but understand the frustration too.

I guess I dont care as much as these are Mariah approved (i.e. she stated she worked on them all year). So if she doesnt mind it, I dont mind either.
                        It bothers me because I find “the mole situation” is almost like a trademark for her. It’s so iconic with all the face shoot album cover that she has. That’s why Pop Funko put it for instance in their design. It’s what makes Mariah who she is. I’m not the only one bothered apparently

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

It is about him:

Plus,

I Only Wanted - Luis's ex-manager, the one who said that Luis was devastated after his break up with Mariah and that he (Luis) still declares Mariah the love of his life, said in his book that that song was about Luis.

You Had Your Chance - Mariah mentioned that Luis tried to reconnect with her in Aspen in 2002, but was blown off because he was MIA during the Glitter mess. "Where were you when I needed you most?"
                          I heard x girlfriend is about luis too. I think I read Sofia Vergara, Luis ex girlfiriend was kinda crazy trying to get back to him or something like that

Comment

• ^ That Rainbow clip just reminded me of the gem that is X-Girlfriend. I mean, have you heard her voice on the verses? Magical

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

That suit reminds me of the one she wore on Sleigh Ride. Lol.
                              And Austria 2012. She knows those outfits have become iconic for us, and keeps delivering. LOL
                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• She doesn’t even have a mole here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                  I'm obsessed with her tone here!

And love the vibrato in those D5s!

Living for it!

Comment

• Mariah has been getting quite some tv time here in Argentina due to Luis Miguel's series. Fortunately, she is not being bad mouthed (I remember people back in the day saying that it was him leaving her that "drove her crazy" in 2001). Only that a ego war was ultimately teared them apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                      Mariah has been getting quite some tv time here in Argentina due to Luis Miguel's series. Fortunately, she is not being bad mouthed (I remember people back in the day saying that it was him leaving her that "drove her crazy" in 2001). Only that a ego war was ultimately teared them apart.
                                      Thankfully the series didn’t portray her as the bad guy or problematic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She slayed those E5s
                                        Open, healthy and natural sounding. It's like a mix of 1994 & 1998 tone.

Her belts in FILAC are thinner and not this healthy and open.
                                        FILAC belting sounds more like QuarantineRiah/WBTLateNightMixRiah (more metallic) while the belts on this ad are warmer and healthier.
                                        Remember she recorded FILAC in February/March, and she probably recorded this recently, which makes me really excited.
                                        If this is where her current voice is at at this moment she's going to slay.
                                        impromptuRiah aka the mothaducking best

It’s in a higher key yes?

This is why when some lambs say “she’s forcing
                                        the key is too high” I’m like “no it’s too low”

At some point in the mid or late 90s she gave an interview where she said it was harder for her to belt in the low mid than her upper range

This little moment takes me back to all the Some**y and LTT slayage in Vegas, impromptu higher key Giving Me Life phone call to Dev, 2020 Oh Santa with Ari, dem high belts on songs like Joy Ride, Candy Bling, Supernatural, so rich and open and OMG ITS MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                          ^ That Rainbow clip just reminded me of the gem that is X-Girlfriend. I mean, have you heard her voice on the verses? Magical
                                          Right her tone there was everything

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

impromptuRiah aka the mothaducking best

It’s in a higher key yes?

This is why when some lambs say “she’s forcing
                                            the key is too high” I’m like “no it’s too low”

At some point in the mid or late 90s she gave an interview where she said it was harder for her to belt in the low mid than her upper range

This little moment takes me back to all the Some**y and LTT slayage in Vegas, impromptu higher key Giving Me Life phone call to Dev, 2020 Oh Santa with Ari, dem high belts on songs like Joy Ride, Candy Bling, Supernatural, so rich and open and OMG ITS MARIAH
                                            I find it easier to belt in a higher key too, but if I did another line in this key I would crack or choke lol

https://voca.ro/19RL85DLGzym
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• She looks stunning! And love the fact that she shows more and more her other side.
                                                Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by RicanMC19 View Post
                                                  I think the Honest Vocal Coach deserves to be dragged for parts of her review. Yes, she gushed over her vocals and whistle, LOVE that, but it was really her comments pertaining to Kirk that were off. My bf walked in while she was making that hand gesture signaling 'rap' during Kirks part, which btw isn't even rap, and he immediately noticed how tone deaf it was. She is a yt woman and clearly doesn't understand poc flavored music like r&b and gospel, and it just made her look ignorant to a poc household watching her videos. I hope she learns from this.
                                                  I personally think she's a bit of an opportunist. She was quite critical of Mariah in her first reaction videos but then realised that the Lambs became a big part of her audience and started praising her every video and song. She even went as far as saying Mariah is one of her biggest idols and favorites but I remember her early reactions where she was surprised that she can "still sing". Doesn't sound like a lifelong fan to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post

I personally think she's a bit of an opportunist. She was quite critical of Mariah in her first reaction videos but then realised that the Lambs became a big part of her audience and started praising her every video and song. She even went as far as saying Mariah is one of her biggest idols and favorites but I remember her early reactions where she was surprised that she can "still sing". Doesn't sound like a lifelong fan to me.
                                                    She’s probably make some money with the views, of course she’s gonna be an opportunist

Comment

Working...
                                                    X