• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    She doesn’t even have a mole here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
      Mariah has been getting quite some tv time here in Argentina due to Luis Miguel's series. Fortunately, she is not being bad mouthed (I remember people back in the day saying that it was him leaving her that "drove her crazy" in 2001). Only that a ego war was ultimately teared them apart.
      I was about to post it that, LOL.
      She's getting lots of attention thanks to the series.
      And yeah, she's not being bad mouthed, everyone talks about the mega-superstar she is and the ego issues (and a possible infidelity).
      But she's portrayed as the love of Luis's life.

From this morning:

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        Living for it!
        Hope she recorded songs from the special with these vocals.
        The difference with FILAC (belting wise) is huge.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        This is why when some lambs say “she’s forcing
        the key is too high” I’m like “no it’s too low”

At some point in the mid or late 90s she gave an interview where she said it was harder for her to belt in the low mid than her upper range

This little moment takes me back to all the Some**y and LTT slayage in Vegas, impromptu higher key Giving Me Life phone call to Dev, 2020 Oh Santa with Ari, dem high belts on songs like Joy Ride, Candy Bling, Supernatural, so rich and open and OMG ITS MARIAH
        I agree.
        Blame the nodules 'cause the raspiness and the inconsistency in the upper belts, but her voice shines in the D5-F5 area most than in her mid.
        During her prime F#5 was her money note, her voice just exploded right up there.
        She lost some ease as she got older but I still think that when she's vocally in good shape, upper belts are better and even easier for her, I mean, they have some clarity and quality to it that her mids lack sometimes.

I mean, ALL her E5s in IBT are technically better than her mids, or the Eb5s in ILT, even the D5s in LTT.

Comment

• The 2019 marketing campaign really did its thing as she started the promo September 23 2019 for the 25th anniversary and we can see the spike for AIWFCIY started at that time that year.

But what happened in May 2018 ?

Last edited by Xmas; Wed November 10, 2021, 03:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            Right her tone there was everything
            One of her worst songs but her tone on there is to die for.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            She looks stunning.

I hope we're getting some backstage moments from the vid.

P.S. I want that oversized D&G black cardigan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

One of her worst songs but her tone on there is to die for.

She looks stunning.

I hope we're getting some backstage moments from the vid.

P.S. I want that oversized D&G black cardigan!
              She's such a GORGEOUS woman!

Comment

• Why don’t y’all like Bringin’ on The Heartbreak (album version)? It’s like… insane

Comment

• I love BOTH

Comment

• I think almost everyone (with actual taste) loves BOTH, I mean, how can u hate on those vocals? Wild af.
                    Even Def Leppard liked it and praised MC's rendition.
                    One of her best covers for sure, Top 3.
                    Last edited by Shaka; Wed November 10, 2021, 09:00.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                        Why don’t y’all like Bringin’ on The Heartbreak (album version)? It’s like… insane
                        Was literally just listening to this. The vocals, the video. Art at its finest.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I read a review back then when Charmie was released and it's one of those things that remains stuck with you for good. It said: "it seems that the only thing Mariah Carey can do well these days is cover a rock song."

BOTH is a genious cover indeed, a true showcase of her musicality overall.
                          I can't even know what to say...

Comment

Even Def Leppard liked it and praised MC's rendition.
                            One of her best covers for sure, Top 3.

I remember this, even defended her against their own fans. Mariah has gained respect from some unlikely people I remember around this time Liam Gallagher from Oasis reportedly saw her celebrating her birthday at a hotel and shyly came and wished her a happy birthday and introduced himself.

Also their is a clip of Fiona Apple (my fave) praising Mariahs version of Without you from a few years back.

She’ll gain her respect from the masses at some point I’m sure.

Comment

• BOTH is amazing. Who doesn’t like it? I was in a band at college years ago and we used to do Mariah’s version at gigs and it was a favourite from the crowd. Mad times lol
                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                BOTH is amazing. Who doesn’t like it? I was in a band at college years ago and we used to do Mariah’s version at gigs and it was a favourite from the crowd. Mad times lol
                                Video evidence or it didnt happen
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I absolutely love BOTH. It was such an instant favourite for me when CB was first released...and prior to Mariah's, I honestly never heard of the Def Leppard's version (even though I listened to a lot of their other hits in the early 90s). Amd imo, Mariah's version is superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Video evidence or it didnt happen
                                    Haha! We’re talking 2002-4.. if only I had video evidence. I’d be sharing the hell out of it everywhere lol.
                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                      I remember this, even defended her against their own fans.
                                      Yes, I remember that!

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                      She’ll gain her respect from the masses at some point I’m sure.
                                      She deserves this. She really does.

Comment

• French lambs!

Comment

• Waiting for the Spanish edition like

Comment

• The problem with BOTH for me is the same as with Charmbracelet, the whispery voice is so annoying. I like more the AC version she released later on, I always imagine having a version of BOTH in full voice

Comment

• I really like this performance.

Brisbane was the last show from TECS Tour.
                                              Some great vocal moments.

Interesting that this was less than one month before the first Beacon '14 show.
                                              Her voice improved so much in that short period.

Comment

• Comment

• Remember when Mariah said she wasn't sure if Miguel still liked her in that interview from early this year?

I wonder if something happened or was just her being insecure 'cause they were all smiles in the iHeart Radio Fest '18.

Comment

Brisbane was the last show from TECS Tour.
                                                    Some great vocal moments.

Interesting that this was less than one month before the first Beacon '14 show.
                                                    Her voice improved so much in that short period.
                                                    Rockfeller disaster happened in between and I'm convinced that played a huge factor in motivating her to really do everything in her power to regain some credibility as a vocalist. At Beacon she looked humble, she felt cautious with the vocals, very focused on her technique, and still she sounded incredible and fierce attempting notes and runs she hadn't done in a while. You could tell she wanted to redeem.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X