No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That MD promo is so funny! Love Mariah playing with the diva stereotypes.

I just hope I can get her mcmenu also here in Europe...
    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
      Saying something is cringey isn’t the worst criticism.. it’s all just a bit icky when you think about MTV Unplugged, the slayage at Tokyo Dome and the Butterfly or TEOM era etc and then this McDonalds thing lol.. it’s just an opinion but it’s beneath her as far as I’m concerned.

Obviously, I hope it works out in her favour and that I was wrong to hate it.
      But Mariah has done endorsements with Jenny Craig, ATT, Pepsi, Nescafe, and other Japanese local brands.

Times have changed significantly and these days anything that helps further your brand may be worth exploring.

Of course, I am always on the side of ownership but an American staple like McDonalds is nothing to scoff at especially given that many "current" artists are now partnering with food brands (e.g. Lil Nas X, Saweetie, BTS, etc.)
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
        It’s a different world. Referencing those past events have nothing to do with this.
        Comparing her Xmas special to MTV Unplugged, is one thing. But, comparing a commercial to a concert. Eh, doesn’t make sense.
        I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

But Mariah has done endorsements with Jenny Craig, ATT, Pepsi, Nescafe, and other Japanese local brands.

Times have changed significantly and these days anything that helps further your brand may be worth exploring.

Of course, I am always on the side of ownership but an American staple like McDonalds is nothing to scoff at especially given that many "current" artists are now partnering with food brands (e.g. Lil Nas X, Saweetie, BTS, etc.)
          I get all that, I just think that even despite McD being probably the biggest brand yet, there’s just something about it I don’t like. The first photo released with her holding the phone is just terribly photoshopped so the first impression of the campaign for me was very off lol.
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

It’s a different world. Referencing those past events have nothing to do with this.
            Comparing her Xmas special to MTV Unplugged, is one thing. But, comparing a commercial to a concert. Eh, doesn’t make sense.
            I’m not comparing the advert with the concert though lol so I think you’re missing my point. I’m comparing the sheer difference in credibility each of these things brings.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Exactly.
              She's done that many times already in the past.
              And McDonalds is a huge brand.
              Plus the collabo - from what I've seen so far - is funny and I don't find it cheap at all.

---

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                That MD promo is so funny! Love Mariah playing with the diva stereotypes.
                I live for this.

Comment

• Comment

• She's gonna top this one too. In a few weeks

Comment

• ---

Comment

• I think them taking a deliberate “meme” approach to the marketing may be why some “feel” is it cheapening. But, in reality, them leaning into the joke may be quite clever in terms of their impact/reach.

Comment

The ad agency that worked with Mariah on this commercial helped with the Academy Award winning video for "Hair Love". No wonder it's so good!

This is so cute.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• And let’s be real. She needs those collabs. It’s not with the 450,000 worldwide Spotify streams for FILAC that’s she going to feed dem babies!

Comment

I think them taking a deliberate “meme” approach to the marketing may be why some “feel” is it cheapening. But, in reality, them leaning into the joke may be quite clever in terms of their impact/reach.
                              Mariah is a meme queen in a good way. Friends of mine who are not even fans use many of her idol reactions. She know how to be part of a festive moment and she doesn't take herself so seriously.. and I love that.
                              And this deal only shows how big brands want to get her during this season because she's a Christmas icon ww.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Just ordered it. Will receive on Friday. Supposedly. Who knows these days!
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                  And let’s be real. She needs those collabs. It’s not with the 450,000 worldwide Spotify streams for FILAC that’s she going to feed dem babies!
                                  FILAC is part of her xmas brand, I mean, it's an appetizer for the special. I hope it keeps growing

Comment

• I have now played FILAC 427x - making this the biggest 1 week debut ever. EVER.

262x - Original
                                    85x - Extended Radio
                                    80x - Radio Version

additionally, I have also bought all three versions from amazon.

FILAC has now also become my overall 18th most played Mariah Carey song since 2011 on LastFM.

My overall most played Mariah song since 2011 is Giving Me Life with 1,286 streams.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      I have now played FILAC 427x - making this the biggest 1 week debut ever. EVER.

262x - Original
                                      85x - Extended Radio
                                      80x - Radio Version

additionally, I have also bought all three versions from amazon.

FILAC has now also become my overall 18th most played Mariah Carey song since 2011 on LastFM.

My overall most played Mariah song since 2011 is Giving Me Life with 1,286 streams.
                                      I totally get it!. I'm obsessed with FILAC - by far my fav song since Giving Me Life, of any artist...
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Got my first bottle of Black Irish. I went with the Salted Caramel flavor. Trying to wait for Xmas to drink it but, since it’s available in the US, I’ll probably break it open for a splash!
                                        http://marcokircher.com
                                        http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                        IG: marco235

Comment

• My Most played Mariah albums (2011-today)

01 - 6,653 plays - 2018 - Caution
                                          02 - 5,329 plays - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
                                          03 - 3,053 plays - 2020 - The Rarities
                                          04 - 2,685 plays - 1997 - Butterfly
                                          05 - 1,933 plays - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                          06 - 1,486 plays - 2019 - Merry Christmas (Deluxe Anniversary Edition)
                                          07 - 1,453 plays - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                          08 - 1,392 plays - 1995 - Daydream
                                          09 - 1,297 plays - 2001 - Glitter
                                          10 - 1,229 plays - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                          --
                                          11 - 862 plays - 2020 - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special Soundtrack
                                          12 - 857 plays - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
                                          13 - 836 plays - 1999 - Rainbow
                                          14 - 812 plays - 1998 - #1's
                                          15 - 782 plays - 1991 - Emotions
                                          16 - 768 plays - 1993 - Music Box
                                          17 - 757 plays - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                          18 - 733 plays - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                          19 - 656 plays - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                          20 - 607 plays - 1990 - Mariah Carey
                                          --
                                          21 - 365 plays - 2001 - Greatest Hits
                                          22 - 161 plays - 1992 - MTV Unplugged
                                          23 - 155 plays - 2003 - The Remixes

* The Ballads is somehow missing. But it's not on Spotify.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

I totally get it!. I'm obsessed with FILAC - by far my fav song since Giving Me Life, of any artist...
                                            GML is such a career highlight. (and so is FILAC). I never expected a 2021 song to become one of Mariah's trademark career defining top 10 singles. What a time to be a lamb.
                                            My Chart

Comment

Got my first bottle of Black Irish. I went with the Salted Caramel flavor. Trying to wait for Xmas to drink it but, since it’s available in the US, I’ll probably break it open for a splash!
                                              I wonder would you prefer Black Irish or Bailey’s? I always love the Bailey’s especially the Strawberry one!

Comment

Got my first bottle of Black Irish. I went with the Salted Caramel flavor. Trying to wait for Xmas to drink it but, since it’s available in the US, I’ll probably break it open for a splash!
                                                I’ve tried both White Chocolate and Salted Caramel and both are delicious!
                                                funny how one can learn
                                                to grow numb to the madness
                                                and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  My Most played Mariah albums (2011-today)

01 - 6,653 plays - 2018 - Caution
                                                  02 - 5,329 plays - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
                                                  03 - 3,053 plays - 2020 - The Rarities
                                                  04 - 2,685 plays - 1997 - Butterfly
                                                  05 - 1,933 plays - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                                  06 - 1,486 plays - 2019 - Merry Christmas (Deluxe Anniversary Edition)
                                                  07 - 1,453 plays - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                                  08 - 1,392 plays - 1995 - Daydream
                                                  09 - 1,297 plays - 2001 - Glitter
                                                  10 - 1,229 plays - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                                  --
                                                  11 - 862 plays - 2020 - Mariah's Magical Christmas Special Soundtrack
                                                  12 - 857 plays - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
                                                  13 - 836 plays - 1999 - Rainbow
                                                  14 - 812 plays - 1998 - #1's
                                                  15 - 782 plays - 1991 - Emotions
                                                  16 - 768 plays - 1993 - Music Box
                                                  17 - 757 plays - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                                  18 - 733 plays - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                                  19 - 656 plays - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                                  20 - 607 plays - 1990 - Mariah Carey
                                                  --
                                                  21 - 365 plays - 2001 - Greatest Hits
                                                  22 - 161 plays - 1992 - MTV Unplugged
                                                  23 - 155 plays - 2003 - The Remixes

* The Ballads is somehow missing. But it's not on Spotify.
                                                  Wish I could know that too... we don't have Last. fm in Israel.

BTW I find Mariah's Magical Christmas Special kinda pointless as it takes streams from the original recordings. also, bar Oh Santa! Remix, I mostly don't enjoy the vocals on the newer renditions. however the album cover is stunning, so much better than MC2U

I love love love The Rarities & Caution!!!!
                                                  Last edited by Tomer_MC; Wed November 10, 2021, 21:24.
                                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• The news of the McDonald's partnership has penetrated local news stations in the US - so that gives an idea of the reach of this news

Comment

Working...
                                                    X