Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by musedeva View Post
    she has incredible OVERtones.....in just about every frickin note outtah her...but the whistles are really remarkable with the over AND undertones

i can't believe these notes EVER "left her"
    The harmonics in her voice are like heaven.
    Those are the overtones and the undertones working together with her gorgeous natural central tone, gurl has a full choir in her voice haha.

Comment

• Hopefully the interview will be uploaded on the Magazine Channel.

If they keep deleting from the sites, that means that they're uploading it oficially. They're gonna need lot of those "pip" sounds haha. I've read that before btw.

Funny that we got it on a Friday tho! the spirit of MC30 is here

I like the audio interview better as well, I wanted to listen to the nuances of their voices and their "tones" while touching certain topics.
      This was great. It was deep but funny, and seems like two friends chatting about different issues. Great job, gurls.

Thanks 4 sharing btw!

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      One of the timestamps had it up from 2 days ago and others just yestrday. So I guess they were found in error, but may be posted officially soon? For now, it's been ripped here:

I do like the audio interview more. I thought their reflections on growing up and the music industry were quite profound.

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
        I love how unfiltered Cardi B is! She don’t care care that she’s talking to The Mariah Carey! She’s gonna cuss and talk about sucking dick all she wants!
        Same!
        Girl has no filter and I'm her for it! She's so funny!
        And Mariah was definitely enjoying some of that looseness, she was laughing through the whole thing

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jeejust View Post
            I don’t know why but I wish Mariah would give us a cover of Loving You by Minnie Ripperton but with a modern R&B twist and raspy voice on the next album. I can see it being iconic.
            We got Shanice's version.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Daydream is just something else: Spotify (February 25th)

01 - 205,005,439 - Always be my Baby
              02 - 124,630,680 - Fantasy
              03 - 100,058,327 - One Sweet Day
              04 - 14,423,781 - Open Arms
              05 - 9,721,828 - Underneath The Stars
              06 - 7,317,623 - Forever
              07 - 6,535,745 - When I Saw You
              08 - 4,370,505 - Melt Away
              09 - 3,327,919 - I am Free
              10 - 2,447,561 - Looking In
              11 - 2,143,108 - Long Ago
              12 - 2,071,632 - Daydream Interlude
              = 482,054,148

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Same!
                Girl has no filter and I'm her for it! She's so funny!
                And Mariah was definitely enjoying some of that looseness, she was laughing through the whole thing
                She is pure comedy and we know Mimi loves someone who can make her laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  We got Shanice's version.
                  And also lots of "next-Mariah's" have covered that song, so it's a pass for me.

I wouldn't mind a live performance, or even an interpolation with H.A.T.E.U. (won't happen, I know), but I don't want a studio version of this song from Mariah, let alone for an album.

Btw, Caution didn't have any cover on it.
                  I wonder if she will keep all original for MC16.

Comment

• I love that Derek was still her muse for love songs when she was married to Nick

“So I left that played out mess behind
                    All that sadness and distress of mine
                    And we found ourselves suspended there
                    Hovering above the roof mid air”

Comment

OSD is premium quality of a song. One in the list of Hot 100 that is worthy of its longevity.

Comment

Unpopular opinion, but I love Ribbon.
                        And I really like the version with The Dream & Ludacris.
                        Definitely a fave. Something about it that makes you inspired, sultry and such. Hear it with earphones and the greatness of every detailed voice layering and instruments - heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by playstation View Post

Definitely a fave. Something about it that makes you inspired, sultry and such. Hear it with earphones and the greatness of every detailed voice layering and instruments - heaven.
                          The real hidden gem on that album is... It's a Wrap. <3
                          My Chart

Comment

• #taste #godbracelet

Comment

• Comment

OSD is premium quality of a song. One in the list of Hot 100 that is worthy of its longevity.
                                Yes!
                                I feel like the song gained more popularity after "Despacito" tied the 16 weeks chart-run.

Comment

Yeah, I love it.

This part sounds so sexy

It's only been 20 good minutes since I kissed you
                                  Oh, come back boo, I miss you
                                  Wish I had 20 million hours to caress you
                                  And undress you, to be continued

Comment

Yes!
                                    I feel like the song gained more popularity after "Despacito" tied the 16 weeks chart-run.
                                    I've already forgotten the song existed. Despacito that is.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I love this performance:

My Chart

Comment

• OT:
                                        Bye Bye (with over 98M views) and Endless Love w/ Luther (with almost 96M views) are gettin' close the 100M mark on YT!

Fantasy deserves better tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          I've already forgotten the song existed. Despacito that is.
                                          Still a popular bop here
                                          Love the song tho!

Comment

Still a popular bop here
                                            Love the song tho!
                                            I've never heard the song in full.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

The real hidden gem on that album is... It's a Wrap. <3
                                              Love that one. Lyrics, vocals, feeling that anger and hurt but laughing through it all. Love love love!!!
                                              You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• It's the TONE for me.

Comment

• Do we know why she’s been in Georgia?

Is she with Jermash? Maybe The-Dream?

Comment

• It’s too late for Daft Punk now, but I always wanted MC to collaborate with them

Their breaking up reminded me that other than Chick, the only concept album I could see MC absolutely slaying with commercially and critically would be an album full of purely DiscoRiah

Some lambs think a concept album would be nice, like covers and jazz songs, but I have never thought that would work, it’s just too safe and bland for someone as prolific and fun as MC

We talking about the same woman who secretly recorded a grunge/power-pop album with only one cover song

If she were going to do a one-genre album though, a disco one would be fire

It would allow her the freedom to be experimental, long tracks galore a la dance remixes, but could also have lots of organic elements like drums and bass and guitars, plus EVERYONE loves Disco music, it ain’t going to bore or put off a single soul

Let’s just look at history since she was a toddler in 1991, every single time she does disco it’s a 10/10 (we talking about the live versions of Make It Happen and I’m That Chick folks), facts are facts
                                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat February 27, 2021, 05:23.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X