No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So happy that isn't free-falling and it's actually rising a bit!

Seems like the playlisting is helping.

Comment

• Since it’s not available in my country, I’m just going to have cheeseburger with extra pickles as my version of Mariah’s Menu.
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
        Since it’s not available in my country, I’m just going to have cheeseburger with extra pickles as my version of Mariah’s Menu.
        I'm gonna do the same thing and create my own Mariah Menu

Comment

• Comment

• UK Lambs:

Comment

• I prefer the paperback cover.. I adore the original but the photo of her child is much more appropriate and inviting to someone who just happens to be walking by this in a store. Love it!
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I can't believe people can criticize a partnership with one of the biggest and most successful companies on the planet. We're pretending Michael Jackson didn't do Pepsi? And why that would be better than McDonalds? She's so relevant and Iconic she can partner with such a huge staple, yeah. This is business, it has nothing to do with art or credibility in music, it's not about your personal food beliefs, this is about RELEVANCY and we should just be proud she's well capitalizing on her huge Christmas brand and playing an A list game.
                I swear people are never happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
                  I can't believe people can criticize a partnership with one of the biggest and most successful companies on the planet. We're pretending Michael Jackson didn't do Pepsi? And why that would be better than McDonalds? She's so relevant and Iconic she can partner with such a huge staple, yeah. This is business, it has nothing to do with art or credibility in music, it's not about your personal food beliefs, this is about RELEVANCY and we should just be proud she's well capitalizing on her huge Christmas brand and playing an A list game.
                  I swear people are never happy.
                  As someone who isn’t particularly ecstatic about this McDonalds venture, I’d like to defend myself and point out that I’m not someone who is “never happy”.. I get excited and I love most things Mariah does. It’s ok for people to dislike certain things sometimes.

I think as people have already pointed out, the off putting thing for me so far has been the quality of the images, which appear to be very cheap, badly photoshopped and quite tacky. Hopefully the best stuff is yet to come and we’ll see some nicer promo images etc.
                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I think as people have already pointed out, the off putting thing for me so far has been the quality of the images, which appear to be very cheap, badly photoshopped and quite tacky. Hopefully the best stuff is yet to come and we’ll see some nicer promo images etc.
                    But again, the images are not photoshopped to look real at all. It is suppose to look like a meme to recreate or reclaim a previous meme.

She's "in on the joke" essentially

But where I agree with you is with the video explainer. I thought it was done quite poorly as Mariah is very obviously reading the cue cards
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Hope it is a worldwide thing like the BTS one. I told myself to stay away from fast food, but Queen just made me drive thru McD for a cheeseburger. Her impact! ​​​​​
                      Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                      Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

But again, the images are not photoshopped to look real at all. It is suppose to look like a meme to recreate or reclaim a previous meme.

But where I agree with you is with the video explainer. I thought it was done quite poorly as Mariah is very obviously reading the cue cards
                        I’m actually talking about the one in the red dress holding the phone. Understood the meme one, even if I did think it was a bit of a reach lol. Was funny to us who understand the joke but most people will be like, wtf is it? Haha

Just hope there’s an epic ad campaign coming and they haven’t cut corners.

On a positive note, I’m not as disgusted by this today. I’m warming to the idea haha
                        Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Thu November 11, 2021, 11:27.

Comment

• Some things take some more time to process

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Exactly, LOL.
                              Nice reception on social media thus far.
                              I didn't see any aggressive meme or post.

The good thing about being "in on the joke" and kinda laugh at herself is that deactivates or at least minimizes the hate/backlash.

Comment

• Further insight on what could come with McD partnership - this has more focus on crew relations as it was leaked via a crew email

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Exactly, LOL.
                                  Nice reception on social media thus far.
                                  I didn't see any aggressive meme or post.

The good thing about being "in on the joke" and kinda laugh at herself is that deactivates or at least minimizes the hate/backlash.
                                  Agreed. I think it’s great that it shows Mariah taking the piss out of herself and being in on the joke. Guaranteed most people just think it’s a random ocean superimposed image though.

I feel like it’s just a poor effort on the marketing teams part to not come up with something better lol.

Comment

Agreed. I think it’s great that it shows Mariah taking the piss out of herself and being in on the joke. Guaranteed most people just think it’s a random ocean superimposed random image though.

I feel like it’s just a poor effort on the marketing teams part to not come up with something better lol.
                                    I didn’t get the joke to be fair until you guys started talking about it. I hadn’t seen the original meme before

Comment

• Comment

• MC please release a C(BPCH) vid next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I didn’t get the joke to be fair until you guys started talking about it. I hadn’t seen the original meme before
                                          I think I saw it once or maybe twice last year. And that’s because I get a lot of Mariah posts on my Instagram feed.

And then it’s not obvious if you HAVE seen it.. it was only when someone pointed out that it was in response to that meme that I was like “oh ok.. hmm”
                                          Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Thu November 11, 2021, 13:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                            MC please release a C(BPCH) vid next year!
                                            This really needs to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                              I didn't get it either at first, but then I asked here and then I saw the meme on Twitter and there's lots of viral-ish ones. I totally missed that.

Comment

• My personal issue with McDonalds is the usual bad press around them when it comes to health.

Yes, Pepsi is junk food all the same, but there is with McDonalds an association that I've always seen with poor health, poor diet, bad food choices etc - it is the poster child for bad food.

Beyond that, I agree with bm08 - the video with her reading the lines is awkward... but this will likely be huge with a lot of money behind it and a lot more press and promo.

Sure there may be backlash, but all up I think Mariah will still do well out of it.

And I REALLY want a burger with extra pickles now.
                                                You guys really suck
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

This really needs to happen.
                                                  With some push it could be another entry on the Hot100 for her in the next years.
                                                  It almost does better than FILAC & Oh Santa! Remix combined LOL, and with zero promo.
                                                  And the song pulls AMAZING numbers on the Xmas week.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                    And I REALLY want a burger with extra pickles now.
                                                    You guys really suck

Comment

Working...
                                                    X