Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

    Same! I played it more than I did all i want for xmas and probably I will do the same year. It is so easy to listen to and it gives me so much energy. Love it
    don't forget about FILAC - which is now her best christmas song ever, objectively speaking.
    My Chart

    Comment


    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

      don't forget about FILAC - which is now her best christmas song ever, objectively speaking.
      Haha i wont i still stream it

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

        Haha i wont i still stream it
        <3
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post


          Plus Special Billboard Magazine Edition.

          And more surprises on the way!
          The gtfo cover single is beautiful

          Comment


          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            Ok this kinda hits without the percussion elements......something simple like this work s just as well with minimal production.

            Other than the vocals which are the same, it lacks pretty much everything the original song has in it. FILAC is perfect the way it is (for me)
            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

              Other than the vocals which are the same, it lacks pretty much everything the original song has in it. FILAC is perfect the way it is (for me)
              absolutely. I believe it is the best song of her entire career now. I would not change anything.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                Thanx for posting this to clarify things.
                Some users are making (wrong) conclusions without any solid information.



                It's true, Darlene's version is the most popular - but not for too much.
                She released the official vid last year and only amassed 1M views and she's performing the song every year on live TV.
                Also the sales difference is minimal.
                And in terms of streaming, last year Darlene peaked at 3.3M while Mariah's at 2.6M (on Dec 24th).
                And Mimi has never promoted the song - apart of that '08 performance.
                Btw, on Spotify, Mariah's version has more streams (little difference tho).

                If she would start do to something for the song (a video, a live performance on some TV show), it would become the most popular for sure.

                We love Darlene, but the song has lots of potential to be bigger. And could be another entry on the big charts for MC.




                But didn't Darlenes version go top 20 in US and UK last year? Or am I confused with another song?
                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                  Not strictly Mariah related...... BUT OH MY DAYS Silk Sonic's album is the best thing I've heard in years! Praying Mariah is on a remix or something

                  Bruno's vocals are crazy mariah-esque in some parts too so she'd fit so well on one of the ballads.

                  ​​​​​​After Last Night, Put on a Smile, Blast Off.... I don't care which one, just give Mariah a verse and some belts on the outro and I'll die happy
                  Put on a Smile & 777 are my instant fav. Bruno's vocals are OOC!!

                  Mariah remix needs to happen!
                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                    absolutely. I believe it is the best song of her entire career now. I would not change anything.
                    You're everything I think we would get a long
                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                      But didn't Darlenes version go top 20 in US and UK last year? Or am I confused with another song?
                      I have no idea or recollection of where it charted, other than that it did chart.

                      However, Mariah's version could very well be in the top 60s on the H100... but wouldn't chart bc it would need to rank inside the top 50. It does chart internationally though, which is lovely.

                      O Holy Night
                      Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                      Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

                      are the three other Merry Christmas songs which have so far charted in international countries around the world. CBPCH is the only one of those (4) songs which doesn't have a video.

                      Mariah should really promote it more.
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

                        Put on a Smile & 777 are my instant fav. Bruno's vocals are OOC!!

                        Mariah remix needs to happen!
                        absolutely. I love their new collabo album project. Absolutely R&B galore! Mariah certainly stans it too.
                        My Chart

                        Comment


                        • Twitter lambs should just keep mentioning to Mariah and her people that we need a C(BPCH) video - of quality.

                          We'd love to see it.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                            I have no idea or recollection of where it charted, other than that it did chart.

                            However, Mariah's version could very well be in the top 60s on the H100... but wouldn't chart bc it would need to rank inside the top 50. It does chart internationally though, which is lovely.

                            O Holy Night
                            Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                            Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

                            are the three other Merry Christmas songs which have so far charted in international countries around the world. CBPCH is the only one of those (4) songs which doesn't have a video.

                            Mariah should really promote it more.
                            I feel she has too much respect for Darlene and knows that is her song. I saw her refer to it as my little cover of one of the biggest Christmas songs of all time.. before she sung it.

                            Also I get the impression that song is tough for Mariah to do live.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              I feel she has too much respect for Darlene and knows that is her song. I saw her refer to it as my little cover of one of the biggest Christmas songs of all time.. before she sung it.

                              Also I get the impression that song is tough for Mariah to do live.
                              It is a tough song for HER bc her version is a belting fest - I agree.

                              I just love that the song has become her 2nd biggest Xmas tune ever. I can see it go platinum in the US this season.
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                I feel she has too much respect for Darlene and knows that is her song. I saw her refer to it as my little cover of one of the biggest Christmas songs of all time.. before she sung it.

                                Also I get the impression that song is tough for Mariah to do live.
                                True to both. Mariah is one of the most respectful artists out there! wish she got the recognition she deserves
                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                                Comment


                                • I get the C (BPCH) love and it’s true it’s a great song and could do wonders in the charts but I don’t see Mariah investing so much in a Christmas song that isn’t hers and with the original singer still being alive. She probably doesn’t feel like stealing the spotlight from Darlene and I respect that.

                                  I would love for her to invest more in CTIITAA. That song sounds like a classic and it’s her song!

                                  Comment


                                  • Mariah just wont invest on C(BPCH) because its not her song and she will gain nothing from it but the visibility from its success. That's why shes so eager to push other songs she did write instead.

                                    However, Im certain she will eventually get tired and end up pushing it and gaining more success from it than from Oh Santa and all other original attempts combined. At this point, she has to expand the public's interest in her from AIWFCIY and C(BPCH) is just that girl. That song and Merry Christmas have to traction the moment and grow to become phenomena on their own.

                                    And I dont think it needs to crack the Top 50 to enter the Hot 100. Its never charted before, even if not a new song, so it should be elegible to run thoroughly on its first run there.
                                    Last edited by GlenMarley; Fri November 12, 2021, 22:08.

                                    Comment


                                    • The thing is why not craft another light pop classic fair. What's there to be afraid. All these Christmas songs from her since MC have been very heavy loaded with bass and vocals upon vocal.

                                      AIWFCIY and CBPCH proves that the public loves that sound from her. Straight, clean, clear classic. Why be stubborn and push some obscure rnb gospel sound that limits the audience. Yes I get you love that sort of sound, but you're an artist, you know what your listeners want and you should at least appease them from time to time.

                                      Time to switch it up girl.

                                      Comment


                                      • Well that didn't take long, though this year the streams seems to be pretty lacklustered across the board, opens up the charts for her to debut higher earlier.

                                        Let's see how she handles the upcoming onslaught from other Christmas releases, isn't there a BTS single and potentially another Justin Bieber song. He's performing at the UK Christmas Jingle Concert, wouldn't be surprised if he has something new.

                                        Comment


                                        • LOL, people track these obscure stats. Well at least it's climbing amongst her discography.

                                          Comment


                                          • The hate.....these people need to be put in their place.



                                            Comment


                                            • Happy for Britney - still baffled why she only unfollowed Mariah on social media and nobody else who spoke out about the free Britney movement.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                The hate.....these people need to be put in their place.
                                                when god created angels, he also created people with hate in their souls. It is what it is.
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                  Happy for Britney - still baffled why she only unfollowed Mariah on social media and nobody else who spoke out about the free Britney movement.
                                                  i hate weird stuff like this... and now we have to wonder whether or not she still likes Mariah? No thanks.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                                    Other than the vocals which are the same, it lacks pretty much everything the original song has in it. FILAC is perfect the way it is (for me)
                                                    I agree.


                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X