No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteorite and Mesmerized are close to being disco and are not generally loved as a 10/10 by lambs. The public has not streamed those songs either.

I agree it would be a lot of fun if she incorporated more danceable tracks like Someday. She could also use guitars and drums. She needs to surprise us. Caution, her last effort, was no surprise to anyone.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    It’s too late for Daft Punk now, but I always wanted MC to collaborate with them

Their breaking up reminded me that other than Chick, the only concept album I could see MC absolutely slaying with commercially and critically would be an album full of purely DiscoRiah

Some lambs think a concept album would be nice, like covers and jazz songs, but I have never thought that would work, it’s just too safe and bland for someone as prolific and fun as MC

We talking about the same woman who secretly recorded a grunge/power-pop album with only one cover song

If she were going to do a one-genre album though, a disco one would be fire

It would allow her the freedom to be experimental, long tracks galore a la dance remixes, but could also have lots of organic elements like drums and bass and guitars, plus EVERYONE loves Disco music, it ain’t going to bore or put off a single soul

Let’s just look at history since she was a toddler in 1991, every single time she does disco it’s a 10/10 (we talking about the live versions of Make It Happen and I’m That Chick folks), facts are facts

Comment

• Meteorite is amazing. It should've been a single.

And maybe Caution album didn't surprise anyone 'cause no one outside of the lambily (and King Timothée) knows about the existence of that masterpiece.

Comment

• DiscoRiah/DanceRiah always work.

And gives her room to explore more with her voice and sounds and re-arrange them for remixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Meteorite is amazing. It should've been a single.

And maybe Caution album didn't surprise anyone 'cause no one outside of the lambily (and King Timothée) knows about the existence of that masterpiece.
          Meterotite with the right video could have been amazing
          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                Do we know why she’s been in Georgia?

Is she with Jermash? Maybe The-Dream?
                Ally, could be to film with Lee (docuseries?). Atlanta and the state of GA in general has lots of tax incentives to bring more film into the city. You might have noticed a ton of recent shows and movies are filmed in Atlanta now. I grew up there, so I noticed and learned there are financial incentives from the state to lure filmmakers in :-)
                You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Not a fan of Meteorite, Mesmerized or Ribbon.
                  Those are all skips for me.

Ribbon is cute, at least.

And hell naw to DiscoRiah.
                  Here for Morales-like mixes and stuff, but an album? Nope ma'am
                  Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Sat February 27, 2021, 16:44.
                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

I knew it. Mariah's entire family are vampires. Look at Morgan and Pat. That's why she doesn't age...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      DiscoRiah/DanceRiah always work.

And gives her room to explore more with her voice and sounds and re-arrange them for remixes.
                      Totally! I love discoriah!

Meteorite You Don't Know What To Do
                      Mesmerized
                      I'm That Chick
                      I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
                      And all the remixes....

Her voice flows in disco, and she's so more experimental. I hope she explores more this in the next album...

Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• I still think she could pull of an album like Archandroid by Janelle Monae. Not referring to the cyborg theme of it but the variety of styles and live instrumentation

Comment

• Mesmerized is overrated af

Comment

• Love Meteorite! Vocals are on point. Those high belts gave me some Daydream-riah tones near the end. So clear and powerful. "You got to turn up all the way!"

Also, Mesmerized is nice, but unfinished and not her most memorable.

Let us never forget that "Heartbreaker" (original) is basically a disco record with a Jay-Z verse. I mean... COME ON! So good.
                            You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• I wonder if she’s gonna resume MC30 next week to finish before her anniversary week
                              march 5 MOAIA
                              MARCH 12 chanteuse
                              march 19 caution
                              march 26 something special for her anniversary

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                Meterotite with the right video could have been amazing
                                Definitely!

Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                Ally, could be to film with Lee (docuseries?). Atlanta and the state of GA in general has lots of tax incentives to bring more film into the city. You might have noticed a ton of recent shows and movies are filmed in Atlanta now. I grew up there, so I noticed and learned there are financial incentives from the state to lure filmmakers in :-)
                                Where did she was when she was with Millie last week?

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                  Totally! I love discoriah!

Meteorite You Don't Know What To Do
                                  Mesmerized
                                  I'm That Chick
                                  I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
                                  And all the remixes....
                                  Yes!
                                  Not a full album of course, but a dico-ish track would be very welcomed, she always nails that genre!

Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                  Love Meteorite! Vocals are on point. Those high belts gave me some Daydream-riah tones near the end. So clear and powerful. "You got to turn up all the way!"
                                  Dem F#5s are one of the strongest vocal moments on the album.
                                  Bish was phrasing 'em like nothing.

Btw, I love the whistles she added in the World Music Awards performance in '14.

Comment

Mariah in 1989????

Comment

• Originally posted by XanderIsMe05 View Post
                                      Here's The Audio for Mariah's Interview with Cardi B:

https://soundcloud.com/user-935790982
                                      Tbh I cant stand Cardi B, she has zero level.

Comment

• Enjoying the love for Meteorite. That and Dedicated felt like old school Mariah with a modern twist to me

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

Mariah in 1989????
                                          she wasn't even born then. She was born around 2008.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Meteorite was my alltime fave mariah song before gml came along. mimi always has another "my favourite song of all times" on her new albums.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                              I wonder if she’s gonna resume MC30 next week to finish before her anniversary week
                                              march 5 MOAIA
                                              MARCH 12 chanteuse
                                              march 19 caution
                                              march 26 something special for her anniversary
                                              Or maybe she the "something special for her anniversary" will be the remix albums for MOAIA.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                Enjoying the love for Meteorite. That and Dedicated felt like old school Mariah with a modern twist to me
                                                Yasss.
                                                "Dedicated" could fit on Butterfly or in Caution, and Meteorite is up there with her best work with Morales.
                                                She doesn't stop to crafting masterpieces, we stan.

Comment

• MIAM is my least fave album BUT Dedicated, Faded, #Beautiful & Meteorite, all 10/10 tracks

Comment

• I was thinking more in line with Make It Happen (Live), ITC (Live), YDKWTD, Love Hangover

I consider Mesmerized more disco than Meteorite

I like Meteorite a lot, I do wish it had more melodic variation in the vocal line, I think a live string section would have made Meteorite more disco
                                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat February 27, 2021, 22:19.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X