No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks so beautiful. I hope it’s not just a “live performances”. It didn’t mention any cast besides Kirk and Khalid

Comment

• I wondered if she was talking about CBPCH.

Unless there are more guests announced, I think last years will come on top.

The set is beautiful but I hope she isn’t just stationary in the middle of it because of a dress train…. Lol
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mmm looks abit underwhelming based on the interviews and the trailer .. unless they are not giving too much away.
        Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• No other guests? Hmmm

Comment

• But last year the trailer confirmed all the cast, this one is revealing is featured Khalid and Kirk. It’ll be very disappointing if they’re the only ones on the special. Last year were so exciting with that amazing cast. Also it seems her voice was horrible like with those weirds robotic effects like WBT late night sessions and CME acoustic

Comment

• Firstly, love the trailer it's glorious!!

Just seems like the special is more of her performing than a storyline like we had last year.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                Looks so beautiful. I hope it’s not just a “live performances”. It didn’t mention any cast besides Kirk and Khalid
                The vocals are kinda pitched though.
                Sounds more like JTTW from last year’s special, which wasn’t that impressive.
                Last edited by MrDash; Thu November 18, 2021, 12:51.
                She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• The gold set looks very nice and Mariah looks stunning!

Comment

• Loved that CBPCH is getting some shine!

Comment

• Great gowns…. Beautiful gowns.
                      Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Love the Art Deco/1920’s set design.

Comment

• I think people get confused with “robotic effects” and how thin Mariah’s voice can be at 52 when she sings high. Her lower register is healthier these days which is why she sounded so glorious on Caution.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by roguetrippn View Post
                            Love the Art Deco/1920’s set design.
                            Me too! Love that whole era so I’m happy about that.

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind if she did another Xmas special like a live setting for AppleTV next year. I mean Michel buble do it every year the same for ABC channel and many others do the same

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Firstly, love the trailer it's glorious!!

Just seems like the special is more of her performing than a storyline like we had last year.
                                But then the special is Fall in love at Xmas and Baby please come home? 7 min special?

Comment

• If it's a full concert of 10 songs on this BEAUTIFUL set i'd be happy , really hope it's not just 2 performances.

Comment

• It's an 18min add on:
                                    https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/mariah...4e4pwouml1lss0

Comment

• I don’t understand the trailer. From the look of it, it’s a gorgeous set but that’s it. It will be 2 songs “live” and voilą ? If they had other guests they would have been announced to push people to subscribe to Apple TV +. It’s underwhelming compared to last year (talking about the trailer not the set)

Comment

• Aw s**t it looks like 2 songs and an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                          Aw s**t it looks like 2 songs and an interview.
                                          They are not going to pay so much money for two songs and an interview, there's going to be more songs for sure.
                                          In the trailer, they are not going to show everything I guess? If not there won't be any surprises left, but I think the fan favorite song must be CBPCH
                                          Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Well that’s disappointing. Maybe this means she spent more time recording her next studio album … would love to see it!
                                            Eudaimonia
                                            Last.fm
                                            Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                              Aw s**t it looks like 2 songs and an interview.
                                              Yup. Now I kinda wish we had BTS on it to add an extra song at least

So it means from her Lambily Lounge conversation that Khalid was chosen over Post Malone. Or the latter declined. Interesting… And I guess the Clark sisters are doing the background vocals on CBPCH ? I can’t help but be disappointed when I was expecting another full Christmas special with double the budget and lots of guest stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Yup. Now I kinda wish we had BTS on it to add an extra song at least

So it means from her Lambily Lounge conversation that Khalid was chosen over Post Malone. Or the latter declined. Interesting… And I guess the Clark sisters are doing the background vocals on CBPCH ? I can’t help but be disappointed when I was expecting another full Christmas special with double the budget and lots of guest stars.
                                                The press release makes it pretty clear it is only Khalid and Kirk Franklin

Comment

• Omg.. they are not going to put that set together for 2 songs. Get a grip..

That said, if the guest list is in fact just Khalid and Kirk Franklin then that’s really lacklustre. I didn’t even know who either of them were before FILAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                    I think people get confused with “robotic effects” and how thin Mariah’s voice can be at 52 when she sings high. Her lower register is healthier these days which is why she sounded so glorious on Caution.
                                                    That has nothing to do with healthy vocals. The folds get thicker as you age and when the voice goes in a higher placement it does sound thinner. However, it sounds a little pitched up as well.
                                                    18 minutes add it's very short, but you know what? I'll take it and I will enjoy it, because it looks and sounds professional and nice. Love the "Great Gatsby" inspired AKA 20's set. If she sang One Child would be Amazing, but I ain't counting on it.

Underneath The Stars

Comment

Working...
                                                    X