Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post
    Wow, that stage is damn beautiful... Hope, she keeps it for her future concerts.

other than that, her boobs are back ... ughh, she looks phenomenal in the FILAC video and on that masterclass pic. WHY this obsession with her boobs on occasions for the „general public“, looks in no way appealing.
    I have to agree with this. I thought she’d finally got passed that and they they are again like two bald headed convicts trying to burst out of jail. I wouldn’t mind if the public didn’t drag her for it.

My ideal scenario now would be that she made an agreement with Apple TV to use most of the budget on a special to push MC16 on the same sound stage but with a bunch of guest stars and that the single and album is ready to go in January or February.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't a scripted special like last year but at least make it exciting with special guests. if it's a companion for last year special then do a live performance of oh santa with Ari and JHUD, sleigh ride and other new guests. why waste a appleTV budget for do 2 songs with an expensive director like Joseph Kahn that could do something bigger with special effects an great visuals like a movie

This assumes she was given a big budget which one may argue now was not the case.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Opposite to the general reception, Im relieved its a short thing in order not to be repetitive and tiring after last years special. I seems to be more of a sit down than a variety special.

And what I find the most exciting is that the front-runner of this show is not AIWFCIY but "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"! That song deserves its shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
          Opposite to the general reception, Im relieved its a short thing in order not to be repetitive and tiring after last years special. I seems to be more of a sit down than a variety special.

And what I find the most exciting is that the front-runner of this show is not AIWFCIY but "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"! That song deserves its shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          not with those chipmunkriah vocals tho

Comment

• A mess.

Comment

• The performance of FILAC is in the gold dress and it also looks like she will be performing C(BPCH) in that dress too.
              That looks to be the dress with that huge train - must be removeable.

The set looks gorgeous - very grand. Reminiscent of the AIW Make My Wish video (towards the end).
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

A mess.
                LOL. They “misinterpreted a lot of things” their “source” gave them.

Comment

• Chipmunks is back.
                  AsaPUKE ing bola
                  king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Mariah wrote FILAC back in May! I refuse to believe she has not written/recorded other new music since then!

Comment

Also, does this mean Clark Sisters, Brandy etc....is for MC16??
                      It better be, cause I was really excited. I'm very disappointed about the spacial being that short, but won't make drama about it. That's the way it is anyway, so I better accept this.
                      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I think it’s very important to take Mariah’s build up to anything with a pinch of salt. It’s been the same for years now lol. It’s just so easy to get excited.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• But we do get the performance of Christmas Baby please come home we have all been asking for sowe can be happy about that.

Comment

• At this point I just want her to release SUD for Christmas to make it up for the uneventful “extravaganza” special. I mean we went from Ariana & Snoop to Khalid & Kirk. No shade but if it was The Weekend on that song it will be a different story. I would at least make peace with the fact that the budget was used to get a major feat. But I don’t understand why it’s so short this year. Why not use the beautiful stage to make a full concert. Don’t understand… and on top of that it’s going to be epic like the new AIWFCIY but only available on Apple TV so another missed opportunity since at least last year Oh Santa was uploaded. They are not going to upload it on YouTube if the special is just another song

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                              At this point I just want her to release SUD for Christmas to make it up for the uneventful “extravaganza” special. I mean we went from Ariana & Snoop to Khalid & Kirk. No shade but if it was The Weekend on that song it will be a different story. I would at least make peace with the fact that the budget was used to get a major feat. But I don’t understand why it’s so short this year. Why not use the beautiful stage to make a full concert. Don’t understand… and on top of that it’s going to be epic like the new AIWFCIY but only available on Apple TV so another missed opportunity since at least last year Oh Santa was uploaded. They are not going to upload it on YouTube if the special is just another song
                              Why are people assuming Apple gave her this huge budget?

Why would Apple, a subscription based platform, just decide to upload their Special for free when they want to recruit people to subscribe?

Comment

Why are people assuming Apple gave her this huge budget?

Why would Apple, a subscription based platform, just decide to upload their Special for free when they want to recruit people to subscribe?
                                It was all over the news that the Apple Special was a #1 hit in all those countries and that they were giving an “unlimited budget” for next year and that they started working on it right away in 2021.

Regarding YouTube I’m saying because last year was long they could at least upload to YouTube the Oh Santa video which was gorgeous and high quality compared to let’s say the Save The Day video… ^^ I’m saying this year they won’t upload anything because if it’s only 2 songs they will most likely keep it for themselves to bring subscription. So in the end less exposure for Mariah…
                                Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 14:57.

Comment

It was all over the news that the Apple Special was a #1 hit in all those countries and that they were giving an “unlimited budget” for next year and that they started working on it right away in 2021.

Regarding YouTube I’m saying because last year was long they could at least upload to YouTube the Oh Santa video which was gorgeous and high quality. I’m saying this year they won’t upload anything because if it’s only 2 songs they will most likely keep it for themselves to bring subscription. So in the end less exposure for Mariah…
                                  The only thing that was from reputable sources (e.g. THR) was that it hit #1 globally. But info regarding a high budget was not corroborated by any reputable source. I was trying to say that a few weeks ago too and still havent found any good source referencing a high budget. Maybe you found something?

I think you are right that they wont release any further footage from this, which is a shame. It would be cool if they release a blooper reel or something adjunct to the specials from this year and last year that could maybe give some more exposure outside of direct footage?

I know Apple is hesistent about releasing footage though.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                    I don’t get what you guys see in One Child.

Put down the Black Irish and listen to her better Christmas songs.
                                    Damn girl.
                                    Spit it out!
                                    My thought exactly
                                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

The only thing that was from reputable sources (e.g. THR) was that it hit #1 globally. But info regarding a high budget was not corroborated by any reputable source. I was trying to say that a few weeks ago too and still havent found any good source referencing a high budget. Maybe you found something?
                                      I think it all started with The Sun:
                                      https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ial-next-year/

But then it went everywhere. Here are just two other extracts - the hype was real right from the beginning to make it “bigger & better” for 2021. That’s why I’m disappointed. Don’t get me wrong I love the “live concert” idea as well but a 45min one not 2 songs!!!!

Carey's show last year was apparently a real hit, costing some $4 million to produce. It was so good however that it topped the number one spot in 100 countries and had Apple seeking out a repeat for 2021 before December 2020 had even finished. A report last year described the budget for this year's special as "unlimited."

https://www.imore.com/mariah-carey-r...as-special?amp

"Bosses at Apple now want to secure her for another special show next year," sources told The Sun."Mariah's team are, of course, completely behind it, and everyone is going to do what they can to make it happen."

"They spent over [GBP] 4 million on this year's show but next year this could go even higher," the source continued. "Apple know the worth of Mariah and are willing to splash the cash to make a follow-up even bigger and better." If the rumors are true, expect a new Mariah Carey Christmas special in the winter of 2021 with an even bigger cast and more special effects, exclusive to Apple TV+.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20...l-in-2021/amp/
                                      Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 15:20.

Comment

• What is going on here?
                                        The last weeks have been dreadful.
                                        Maybe next year she will FINALLY team up with Hulu and surprise us all with a Magical Star Wars Christmas Special, a duet album with BTS and at least 10 interviews praising Ariana Grande and Adele. The world would be at peace!
                                        https://www.instagram.com/rakiapapi/

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                          I think people get confused with “robotic effects” and how thin Mariah’s voice can be at 52 when she sings high. Her lower register is healthier these days which is why she sounded so glorious on Caution.
                                          When she sings high, I can’t bear to listen to it.
                                          She sounds horrible in that clip.. I understand why people say she lost her voice.
                                          The last album Mariah sang proper high notes is probably MC2U...
                                          After that... all those chipmunk-ish high notes (pitched up, aututuned) filled up.
                                          She sounds like a robot.
                                          Last edited by Anderson; Thu November 18, 2021, 15:23.
                                          Mariah Carey x BTS
                                          #20th No.1

Comment

I think it all started with The Sun:
                                            https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ial-next-year/
                                            ----]
                                            I think you're right that it started with The Sun, but honestly, that's not a reputable source as they are often hit/miss and more a rumour magazine (they do get some things right though!)

Comment

• I'm dissapointed tbh. The anticipation she created on Tw Spaces doesn't fit with this. I will enjoy this beautiful scene and songs, but my hopes were higher due to her excitement. The PR of this has been messy. I'm not going to stay in negativity but I'm being honest. What's the difference with the back in the day live performances during Christmas eras? I mean in terms of promo. If she would has just said "we're going to add few songs to last year special" I get it, but she was selling this differently.
                                              Whatever, keep loving FILAC and enjoy the moment

Comment

Also, does this mean Clark Sisters, Brandy etc....is for MC16??
                                                At this point I need to see it to believe it. Where's Chick's album? Nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToddSmith View Post
                                                  What is going on here?
                                                  The last weeks have been dreadful.
                                                  Maybe next year she will FINALLY team up with Hulu and surprise us all with a Magical Star Wars Christmas Special, a duet album with BTS and at least 10 interviews praising Ariana Grande and Adele. The world would be at peace!
                                                  I guess BTS probably refused to participate in her Christmas special..
                                                  Because they will release their own Christmas single...
                                                  They don't need her help at all... Next year? if she is lucky, maybe..
                                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                  #20th No.1

Comment

• bm08
                                                    bm08 commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Infraction issued: Dont troll Mariah and her fans in this thread.

• Dying at the crop being just her boobs and it looks like they are all looking at “dem boobies”
                                                  Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X