Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I’m usually positive when it comes to all things MC but I too share in the disappointment. For me… the hype began with Mariah herself in one of her Twitter Space conversations claiming that this special would blow last year’s out of the water.

    18 minutes is a weird running time for any television program. There is most certainly something fishy going on!

    1) Was this cut short purposely for awards recognition? There are Emmy categories for Short Programs or ones under 30 min. I will say I do know Apple was disappointed that the original special was only nominated for a single Emmy this year.

    2) Do Apple + Mariah only want to focus on promoting “Fall in Love At Christmas” this season?? CD singles were made and will be available at Target/Walmart starting in December, plus a separate video, plus the promo.

    3) Maybe Apple wants the original special to be an annual hit and didn’t want to take away from that?

    For those of you thinking her budget was cut, I have to say I highly disagree based on THAT gorgeous set design and Joseph’s involvement. Oh well… I guess either way, I’m happy we are getting anything at all!

    Comment


    • Some people are trolling hard....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

        At this point I need to see it to believe it. Where's Chick's album? Nowhere.
        She didnt promise to release it this year though
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

          She didnt promise to release it this year though
          I think she said “soon” (lol) during that radio interview earlier in the year. She even sent a finished track to the host if my memory is correct he played a small portion of it. She hyped it, talked about a young artist joining her and then we never heard of anything. It’s weird. I think she abandoned the project?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

            She didnt promise to release it this year though
            Well but she's being teasing about it for a year.. and it's ok. I'll enjoy this, but this is the 1st time in 30 years that I'm dissapointed with something she's doing. I don't see the point of creating buzz about something in your fanbase and just doing 2 songs
            However she looks fabolous

            Comment


            • Can this even be called a christmas special at this point? And why would anybody willingly choose to watch it?

              Xmas specials are something for the whole family to enjoy... ish needs to happen... make it campy and extravagant... but 2 songs + an interview?

              she can keep it.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                Can this even be called a christmas special at this point? And why would anybody willingly choose to watch it?

                Xmas specials are something for the whole family to enjoy... ish needs to happen... make it campy and extravagant... but 2 songs + an interview?

                she can keep it.
                Rt! And I am a hardcore fan...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Xmas View Post

                  I think she said “soon” (lol) during that radio interview earlier in the year. She even sent a finished track to the host if my memory is correct he played a small portion of it. She hyped it, talked about a young artist joining her and then we never heard of anything. It’s weird. I think she abandoned the project?
                  I dont think the project was abandoned but perhaps something for later?


                  Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                  Well but she's being teasing about it for a year.. and it's ok. I'll enjoy this, but this is the 1st time in 30 years that I'm dissapointed with something she's doing. I don't see the point of creating buzz about something in your fanbase and just doing 2 songs
                  However she looks fabolous
                  Nothing from the Stella era comes to mind??

                  I jest...lol

                  But yeah, there is room for disappointment here.

                  Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  Can this even be called a christmas special at this point? And why would anybody willingly choose to watch it?

                  Xmas specials are something for the whole family to enjoy... ish needs to happen... make it campy and extravagant... but 2 songs + an interview?

                  she can keep it.

                  Apple seems keen to want people to return to the original Special....which likely is the point of them agreeing for this extension
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Not even in Stella days. Because at some point I didn't have any excitement

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post



                      Apple seems keen to want people to return to the original Special....which likely is the point of them agreeing for this extension

                      I think the problem here is the way she has sold this special on twitter space saying it would be bigger and better and then it is 2 songs and an interview. Sometimes i think mariah os her first ennemy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                        I dont think the project was abandoned but perhaps something for later?
                        Well we did get Mesmerized and Save The Day 8 years later so who knows! Maybe SUD will be on The Rarities 2 I think she teased that concept. Hypnotized was never released for instance and we know she was listening to it at one point so she definitely has more unreleased songs for us.


                        Nothing from the Stella era comes to mind??
                        Am I the only one that really enjoyed a lot of parts from Mariah’s world ? I loved seeing her backstage and I do believe it contributed to bring her back in terms of “nice diva” image.

                        Apple seems keen to want people to return to the original Special....which likely is the point of them agreeing for this extension
                        Nobody is going to say “let me subscribe to Apple TV for 2 songs”. It’s a really weird strategy…

                        Comment


                        • Team Mariah if you’re reading this: WE DGAF ABOUT CHRISTMAS! The fake meltdowns mean nothing

                          Put all this energy into her next studio album. Thanks

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Xmas View Post


                            Nobody is going to say “let me subscribe to Apple TV for 2 songs”. It’s a really weird strategy…
                            Perhaps.

                            But maybe the strategy is getting some of the same eyeballs to return to it? After all, that is how specials/shows for the holidays become classics.

                            They invested a lot of money in the first special (we assume), so getting people to look back at it for another year doesnt hurt.

                            I would've taken a different route to set expectations, but I can't blame her for hyping up a piece of work she's proud of.
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                            Comment


                            • The fact that they decided to add a random “interview” with the twins vs let’s say a performance of “Where Are You Christmas” which is what the lambily have been asking for years (and it’s a really popular song with the GP as well) is really upsetting. I think people would have complained less if at least we had that “moment”. WHY Mariah. WHY!!!!
                              Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 17:19.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                The fact that they decided to add a random “interview” with the twins vs let’s say a performance of “Where Are You Christmas” which is what the lambily have been asking for years (and it’s a really popular song with the GP as well) is really upsetting. I think people would have complained less if at least we had that “moment”. WHY Mariah. WHY!!!!
                                Honestly, why are the fans always better at ideas than her actual team?

                                Screw the old standards... (we still love them), but Where are you Xmas would have been a serve.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • I hope there’s been a reason the special is such a let down… such as MC16 coming.. if not, I’m just sad that almost everything she/her team does are becoming really lazy and half arsed.

                                  The only good think about this years special is the set.
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                  Comment


                                  • How is it even going to be uploaded to Apple tv?
                                    As a separate file? Or a season 2 to the last year's special? Or just slapped on to it..
                                    I can't even know what to say...

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                      Honestly, why are the fans always better at ideas than her actual team?

                                      Screw the old standards... (we still love them), but Where are you Xmas would have been a serve.
                                      Especially with the quality of her low register now… it would have been her best performance of the past 10 years hands down…. Versus a CBPCH which is basically scream-singing the whole time with background vocals and the instruments louder than the voice track. It’s a festive song but I feel the GP need to hear Mariah and a piano. IMO she needs to give an “Adele Moment” to reclaim the narrative after some bad live performance…
                                      Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 17:38.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                        How is it even going to be uploaded to Apple tv?
                                        As a separate file? Or a season 2 to the last year's special? Or just slapped on to it..
                                        It plays then the old special starts

                                        Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                        The fact that they decided to add a random “interview” with the twins vs let’s say a performance of “Where Are You Christmas” which is what the lambily have been asking for years (and it’s a really popular song with the GP as well) is really upsetting. I think people would have complained less if at least we had that “moment”. WHY Mariah. WHY!!!!

                                        When is releasing new music and performing said new music not considered *a moment* for fans though?

                                        I get disappointment but these kinds of comments are really hard to support.

                                        By the way, CBPCH is actually her second most supported song so she is not wrong to call it a fan favorite.
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                        Comment


                                        • I wish she would maybe consider lowering the pitch of the songs and singing completely live. It would be much more credible and it’s not as though people wouldn’t understand or even as if they’d necessarily notice. She’s 52 for heavens sake.
                                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                          Comment


                                          • This means she’s been working more on MC16 than we thought!

                                            Am I the only one who is happy?

                                            Although I’m not in love with the idea of Brandy and The Clark Sisters on an album proper

                                            Comment


                                            • Oh I forgot about that as well. Kristofer during the Mariah Report Potcast interview :

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                This means she’s been working more on MC16 than we thought!

                                                Am I the only one who is happy?
                                                This realisation made me VERY happy.

                                                The Brandy moment, the Clark Sisters...C'MON!!
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                                  Oh I forgot about that as well. Kristofer during the Mariah Report Potcast interview :

                                                  https://twitter.com/accessmimi/statu...656886280?s=21
                                                  Kristofer Buckle....Consider the source here.



                                                  But even with the expectations raised, people are doing the absolute most.

                                                  The new shorter Christmas special didnt take anything away from anyone. No one died.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • It's fake, right?

                                                    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                    Forever and always!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X