Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

    This realisation made me VERY happy.

    The Brandy moment, the Clark Sisters...C'MON!!
    The Clark Sisters could still be for the live Apple performance. Would go well with Kirk… but it’s true they would have mentioned their names in the teaser unless they want to keep it as a surprise ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

      This realisation made me VERY happy.

      The Brandy moment, the Clark Sisters...C'MON!!
      I just hope the production is good like on the last two studio albums, and not demo-ish like FILAC, Somewhat Loved, Save The Day

      Here for experimentalRiah just not cheapRiah

      Comment


      • The Clark Sisters are not for the Christmas special.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • Well at least FILAC will be getting some extra exposure early next month.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

          Comment


          • "Disappointment", "sad", "worried"... Seem to be the favorite words in this forum...

            Can you guys at least wait december 3rd to be all of the above?

            This is crazy. How can you guys be so demanding and dramatic all the time?

            Comment


            • I guess the lambily was royally gypped this year! Welp!

              Comment


              • I’m at the point where I’m confused that she/her team think her fake live performances are remotely interesting. It’s not like she has great stage presence to sell a performance.

                It worked for last years special but keep it simple and sing LIVE, it’s exhausting.

                Comment


                • The thing about last year special is that was interesting for the whole family to watch together and even non-lambs that wanted to enjoy a Xmas festivity. It had a lot of heart, it was light and sweet. This year “special” no one is gonna check it for 2 performances (it’s not even AIW that GP loves) and interview that only the lambs will be interested.
                  i really don’t get why it’s so short and only 2 performances and she’s not even performing AIW. Why not use the scenario for more performances and at least do a mini set like hallmark special merriest Xmas she did years ago

                  Comment


                  • These Christmas specials are boring and seems like she only comes out at this time november and december so she is turing herself into connie francis lol

                    Comment


                    • They're not boring at all. I like the ones she's done

                      Comment


                      • Yaaassss...I am so happy we get to hear a new recording of C(BPCH) - in my opinion, one of Mariah's top tier songs. I don't even care if it's got chipmunk vocals - it's a 10/10 song/arrangement and even from the snippet, I heard a new vocal run (different to the studio version). Can't wait.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                          I’m at the point where I’m confused that she/her team think her fake live performances are remotely interesting. It’s not like she has great stage presence to sell a performance.

                          It worked for last years special but keep it simple and sing LIVE, it’s exhausting.
                          I agree with this. It worked last year when it had a theme and a story but if this year, it’s supposed to be live performances, sing live. Such a shame.

                          I’ll be honest, I’m done with Mariah being solely about Christmas recently. I get the endorsements and any AIW performances here and there but she’s becoming known only for Christmas and it’s frustrating and a bit cheesy… especially when nothing is LIVE

                          MC16 next please. It can be whenever she’s ready but Im not interested in more of this Christmas overkill next year.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                          Comment


                          • I guess in a sense he is right. I can make my peace with this approach even if 2 songs seems a bit short still…

                            I hope the Interview part as this kinda of intimacy but not sure if dem kids being present will allow for MC to be “rough” around the edges like Adele
                            Last edited by Xmas; Thu November 18, 2021, 20:18.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

                              I agree with this. It worked last year when it had a theme and a story but if this year, it’s supposed to be live performances, sing live. Such a shame.

                              I’ll be honest, I’m done with Mariah being solely about Christmas recently. I get the endorsements and any AIW performances here and there but she’s becoming known only for Christmas and it’s frustrating and a bit cheesy… especially when nothing is LIVE

                              MC16 next please. It can be whenever she’s ready but Im not interested in more of this Christmas overkill next year.
                              Yes i agree im sick of the Christmas themes

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

                                MC16 next please. It can be whenever she’s ready but Im not interested in more of this Christmas overkill next year.
                                This seems a bit contradictory. Wouldn't a full blown new special be....overkill?

                                ---

                                I didn't expect to defend MC this much about this special as I too was disappointed. But some reactions on socials were completely gross.

                                I warned weeks ago that the special would be scaled back and maybe I should have pushed that more, but that's obviously difficult not knowing all the details.

                                Nonetheless, Mariah has time and time again explained, over the last couple years especially, how much she fights for things. Just think of the fact that Mariah Carey, the Queen of Christmas, had to release a Christmas song independently....that alone should have been an indication that she is doing what she can. She even directed it herself!!! Further, look at when Sony supports her. For her catalog. Not for new projects.

                                She did what she could with this. There was no big budget. There was no demand from Apple to create an over the top new thing. Of course she maybe could have tampered down expectations a lot, but i think her excitement about things is read into a lot more than probably should be. But at this stage in her career, can you blame her about being excited about any new opportunity?
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                Comment


                                • I remember when I first started listening to Mariah during TEOM one of the biggest reasons was all her live performances were different, with bits here and there that were sometimes better than the actual CD.....

                                  I don't understand these pretend live performances. Standing still in front of band badly lipsyncing while acting coy and sexy for the camera is just not what anybody is looking for haha

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                    This seems a bit contradictory. Wouldn't a full blown new special be....overkill?

                                    ---

                                    I didn't expect to defend MC this much about this special as I too was disappointed. But some reactions on socials were completely gross.

                                    I warned weeks ago that the special would be scaled back and maybe I should have pushed that more, but that's obviously difficult not knowing all the details.

                                    Nonetheless, Mariah has time and time again explained, over the last couple years especially, how much she fights for things. Just think of the fact that Mariah Carey, the Queen of Christmas, had to release a Christmas song independently....that alone should have been an indication that she is doing what she can. She even directed it herself!!! Further, look at when Sony supports her. For her catalog. Not for new projects.

                                    She did what she could with this. There was no big budget. There was no demand from Apple to create an over the top new thing. Of course she maybe could have tampered down expectations a lot, but i think her excitement about things is read into a lot more than probably should be. But at this stage in her career, can you blame her about being excited about any new opportunity?
                                    I‘m sure apple was done after hearing FILAC ... sorry

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                      This seems a bit contradictory. Wouldn't a full blown new special be....overkill?

                                      ---

                                      I didn't expect to defend MC this much about this special as I too was disappointed. But some reactions on socials were completely gross.

                                      I warned weeks ago that the special would be scaled back and maybe I should have pushed that more, but that's obviously difficult not knowing all the details.

                                      Nonetheless, Mariah has time and time again explained, over the last couple years especially, how much she fights for things. Just think of the fact that Mariah Carey, the Queen of Christmas, had to release a Christmas song independently....that alone should have been an indication that she is doing what she can. She even directed it herself!!! Further, look at when Sony supports her. For her catalog. Not for new projects.

                                      She did what she could with this. There was no big budget. There was no demand from Apple to create an over the top new thing. Of course she maybe could have tampered down expectations a lot, but i think her excitement about things is read into a lot more than probably should be. But at this stage in her career, can you blame her about being excited about any new opportunity?
                                      Well we can blame her and her team about creating hype about this. I'm not known for being a troll neither a very critical person with her, but they haven't controlled this well. That this was going to be bigger came from her camp, not the lambs. She's being hidden all year because she was working on this.
                                      I'm a bit dissapointed but I'm mad with her team now blaming on the lambs

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post

                                        I‘m sure apple was done after hearing FILAC ... sorry
                                        You don't know that and don't assume things

                                        Comment


                                        • I‘m sorry to say, but she‘s so obsessed of doing everything her way, that she‘s lost it - hurts so much writing it, because she still has everything:
                                          • beauty,
                                          • voice (gosh, she would kill every Adele song with her tone),
                                          • beautiful/ funny personality
                                          However, she lives in a bubble and just doesn’t accept other directions anymore.

                                          apple would kiss her ass and give her 50 minutes if she would deliver new mass-friendly music. But after FILAC, they must have been like „girl.... no way“

                                          Comment


                                          • Stop with the FILAC conclusions

                                            Comment


                                            • Ohhh and if she‘s planning on releasing an album in the vein of WBTs latest version, FILAC, etc she shouldn’t bother releasing it. Only her 10 „oh so die hard lambs who love everything“ will care.

                                              Comment


                                              • bm08
                                                bm08 commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                I'm giving an infraction for trolling here and the series of posts connected to this. I found that these posts were beyond just criticism.

                                            • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                              Stop with the FILAC conclusions
                                              Why? Because truth hurts?

                                              Comment


                                              • If the christmas special really is all she's doing this year, then MC16 must come right after. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.
                                                Imagine her lead single released right after the Christmas hype with a reference to the holidays being over, maybe even a big collab like Drake. Would be great strategy. And Anitta and Jonas Brothers etc other collabs on the album. Too good to be true..

                                                Comment


                                                • LOL, what did I miss, this forum having a meltdown without me? impossible.

                                                  She's asking for it really the way she shared those tidbits on spaces. There's one thing being close to the fans, there's another just keeping things in check and letting the music speak for itself when its ready to be released. I would've preferred she stayed quiet and surprised us all with some big announcements or even just announce the special when it's ready. Cuts out the wild thoughts.

                                                  At this stage, even if she releases Where Are You Christmas or Miss You Most in the special I would be very hesitant......I can't see them being given justice in the vocal condition she is now. I would actually prefer she doesn't sing them. Just leave it be and let the fans have that positive memory of what could be.

                                                  All that talk about vocal condition being the best that' it's even been is not what's coming across. Everytime she belts high now it's very thin and chipmunky....it's very unpleasant at times. It's sad but that's what we're dealing with today.






                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X