No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically everyone has different opinions and believes themselves to be right. There’s genuinely no point arguing with someone’s opinion.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

don't act like the Caution music which was released 5 years later, doesn't exist.

half of Caution >>>>>>>>> #Beautiful.
      Not true when talking about single hit potential!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
        Basically everyone has different opinions and believes themselves to be right. There’s genuinely no point arguing with someone’s opinion.
        but some people do not post an opinion... some people use this as a platform for hateful comments.
        My Chart

Comment

also the Xmas legacy hate...

People who fear that Mariah will become only known for that play right into the hate. That narrative is pure nonsense... as evidenced by her re-current numbers of her music catalogue... people who are only known for one thing, do not have 15 albums... of which a dozen have actually decent streaming success.. (among pre-streaming acts).

The only difference between Mariah and Céline (the 2nd biggest female xmas act in the world) is that Mariah actually promotes her stuff ... which is reasonable. But Mariah also promotes her regular music either by touring (in recent years) or by those random yt moments...

But one thing should be clear... people who expect Mariah's new music to become some sort of global happening will always get disappointed and set themselves up for it. I mean ... the last time she released regular music was in 2018 and the album was called Caution and it is general concensus on here that the album was great...

so, i don't fear the next project, nor am I concerned about anything. There is no evidence that suggests that we should.

Yes, the Xmas special hype was misplaced... and she deserves some flack for that... but it's not that deep.
          It's great that's she's building the XMas legacy and why shouldn't she.

Though it seems very imbalance at this stage. Focus on a proper new music era has been missing since 2018, everything released in between has been a very particularly sound that clear has not caught on and that is what is feeding into people's perception (Since the rise of social media) that she is nothing outside x-mas. yes that's ignorance but we're not giving them anything new really to shut them up.

She could shut them all up by coming back strong with a very fresh non-X-Mas era with TEOM style focus and and investment. She needs to invest not just others. X-Mas proves that she can make those big deals....so she can rely on her connections to do the same (perhaps not as big but at least a bigger budget than what Caution got).

What she is missing is undeniable music that will have the investors all wanting to jump onboard and the label throwing their weight. It doesn't happen overnight but now is a great time (more than any other time with the Christmas clout) to command some waves.

The backlash will only get louder the more her XMas success grows away from her prior music. The only way to shut them up is new undeniable music.

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post

Not true when talking about single hit potential!!
            i don't care about what could have been a single... i only care about what music makes me feel...

and GML for example makes my soul leave my eathly body, dancing in heaven... that song alone is the best thing she's ever done.

FILAC makes me nostalgic and cozy. The Distance puts me back to the 80s... playing games in an arcade.

whatever. People are so harsh... (on her) which I don't understand. Be disappointed or whatever with the xmas special, but don't re-write her career just because.
            My Chart

Comment

don't act like the Caution music which was released 5 years later, doesn't exist.

half of Caution >>>>>>>>> #Beautiful.
              Where did this #Beautful being a Miguel track come from? Is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

It's great that's she's building the XMas legacy and why shouldn't she.

Though it seems very imbalance at this stage. Focus on a proper new music era has been missing since 2018, everything released in between has been a very particularly sound that clear has not caught on and that is what is feeding into people's perception (Since the rise of social media) that she is nothing outside x-mas. yes that's ignorance but we're not giving them anything new really to shut them up.

She could shut them all up by coming back strong with a very fresh non-X-Mas era with TEOM style focus and and investment. She needs to invest not just others. X-Mas proves that she can make those big deals....so she can rely on her connections to do the same (perhaps not as big but at least a bigger budget than what Caution got).

What she is missing is undeniable music that will have the investors all wanting to jump onboard and the label throwing their weight. It doesn't happen overnight but now is a great time (more than any other time with the Christmas clout) to command some waves.

The backlash will only get louder the more her XMas success grows away from her prior music. The only way to shut them up is new undeniable music.
                There is this thing, called Corona Virus... the entirety of 2020 and 2021 struggled.... yes major acts have been releasing music in this time... but even the biggest names flopped... and especially my rock / alt music favs like Killers and Kings of Leon... have released their albums... performed 3 songs on TV and then called it a day.

it is the new reality we are living in. Mariah's next project will go the same fate. Nobody will invest much in any project... we can only hope that genuis strikes - as it so often does with her - and that she is giving us amazing new music... (like in 2018). Mariah (or any artist at this point) is not making bank anymore with music. So, no big company is investing in it.

I just hope that touring gets save again and Mariah can pick that up in Vegas... and hopefully a South America tour.
                My Chart

Comment

• You know what we all need (and I am saying that since 2+ years):

a super natural iPhone video of Mariah singing her heart out live with no editing / no background vocals... just our queen singing eg Miss You Most at Christmas.

thats all WE NEED. Mariah Carey singing a whole song 100% live with emotional NOT over the top vocals, in a natural everyday home setting would blow up... why?? Because the GP haven’t heard that Mariah since 4ever

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Ok. Good job Mariah

How we say in Spain: Guapa, reina, para ti el barrio entero
                    Do we say that in Spain? Heheh Kidding ;)
                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Do people remember that animated youtube clip she released promoting her store. I mean that could've been a good storyline for The Magic Continues to follow.

I mean, the first special was about Santa needing her help and her doing his bidding (he didn't appear)......why not this time actually have Santa make an apperance like in that youtube clip.

They can they sleigh around the world and pop into someone's home like in that clip and then a dreary room then magically transforms into a stage with her singing CBPCH just like the trailer for the kids and the family....i.e. like a private concert.

That could weave both the storyline concept of the original and stage concept of presumeably this special into one.
                      Last edited by skylynx; Thu November 18, 2021, 21:53.

Comment

but some people do not post an opinion... some people use this as a platform for hateful comments.
                        But that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m just talking about opinions. Not everyone has to like everything.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

You know what we all need (and I am saying that since 2+ years):

a super natural iPhone video of Mariah singing her heart out live with no editing / no background vocals... just our queen singing eg Miss You Most at Christmas.

thats all WE NEED. Mariah Carey singing a whole song 100% live with emotional NOT over the top vocals, in a natural everyday home setting would blow up... why?? Because the GP haven’t heard that Mariah since 4ever
                          No, please do not touch Miss You Most At Chirstmas Time, that's perfect. I can't see her doing that song justice in the current vocal condition. No. A few lines yes, but not a whole song.

Last year's rendition by Billie was good enough. I don't want the image of that perfect song being spoiled but a lacklustre performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

Do we say that in Spain? Heheh Kidding ;)
                            You know the video I'm talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Of course she maybe could have tampered down expectations a lot, but i think her excitement about things is read into a lot more than probably should be. But at this stage in her career, can you blame her about being excited about any new opportunity?
                              Well... what do you expect when there is a large portion of dramatic flamboyant Lambs of all ages among her fanbase

I jest... but just listening to her twitter spaces or reading replies to her tweets shows us that Mariah should really temper expectations knowing what her fans will do with any tidbit of info.

Throwing these hints out there and then saying "I can't talk about it, but you will be excited for me" etc... people's imaginations will run wild!

I have to admit going by some of the things said - I had huge expectations.

Anyway, I'm not disappointed really with the fact we're getting two songs - but more that there is what appears to be a casual chit chat/interview which she can do anywhere.
                              Last edited by InfoFromAus; Thu November 18, 2021, 22:00.
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• She needs to give us MC16 and makes us happy. I have Never seen such a day where people were so dissapointing. I think what she could learn about this is to be more clear and not hype things up in a extreme way. Probably if she had said im working on an extension of the first special or something like that she wouldnt have received all this backlash. I dont agree with only blaming the lambs, sometimes is good to think what one person has done wrong. At the end of the day, it is not that deep, she is human and she can make mistakes. We love her regardless

Comment

No, please do not touch Miss You Most At Chirstmas Time, that's perfect. I can't see her doing that song justice in the current vocal condition. No. A few lines yes, but not a whole song.

Last year's rendition by Billie was good enough. I don't want the image of that perfect song being spoiled but a lacklustre performance.
                                  Mariahs live voice is still golden!!! Don’t you remember her singing Endless Love live during caution days... or all the home snippets during covid? She has a strong voice (I‘ve seen her live on the caution & Xmas tour).

Its just the new recordings that sound „weird“ because of whatever effect she‘s using. This stupid effect she used on all her professional home recordings during covid as well.

Comment

Where did this #Beautful being a Miguel track come from? Is this true?
                                    Sure, it’s no secret. It was a „leftover“ of his previous album before MIAMTEC. He never finished recording it but there was a video of him playing / singing it in like a backstage setting about 1 year before he got to Mariah with it.

Comment

Sure, why would a hot artist be eager to work on a song like FILAC?!? It‘s cute yeahh that’s it.

It‘s NOT true that current famous artists don’t want to work with Mariah Carey - they just don’t want the music she is going for since 4ever.

Let‘s be honest in our small lambily land - Why was #beautiful with Miguel so good? Because it was a Miguel song (the whole song already existed) ... and if I am honest Mariah worsened the song with her over the top breathy notes ... with more straightforward vocals, #beautiful would have been a beast. But even with her singing style, the song was a bop because it was a vision of someone else.

THAT is what Mariah Carey is missing since 15 years - someone who is better than her and has a standing in the business.

As a Director myself, I know how important it is to have a team around you whose members are each on his own better in a specific field than I am.

In MARIAH’S case however, she has surrounded herself with C-Level talent and she seems to enjoy it because she likes them, but that’s not the base for success.
                                      Well she already sounds defeated by her disdain for the label. She's obviously just had enough to fight against that and clearly they object to her vision and style of music. They probably sense that her music is now very niche, no point investing in that until she actually has something undeniable to offer.

We know what a big label can still do these days, all the big artists today are still supported by strong labels. If you can't make peace with them then you're left where she is at now.

What happened to the girl who once was on the cutting edge of driving music forward. I miss her, i miss her great outlook on music and where it was going.

Comment

Sure, it’s no secret. It was a „leftover“ of his previous album before MIAMTEC. He never finished recording it but there was a video of him playing / singing it in like a backstage setting about 1 year before he got to Mariah with it.
                                        Really is there a link to the video?

#Beautiful had so much promise, it could've been a bigger hit. Totally botched the video and live performances (she was lethargic, he couldn't sing in the right key). ugh,

Comment

• The disrespect to call her collaborators C-Level... Skrillex, Khalid, Kirk, Busta, Ty, Snoop, Ari, J-Hud etc...

she can never win with some of the lambs... I personally, love her for choosing people that she likes and not do collabos for the sake of (even tho, it would be nice to have some charts activity to track).

It's so disrespectful. Guys, get a grip.
                                          My Chart

Comment

Really is there a link to the video?

#Beautiful had so much promise, it could've been a bigger hit. Totally botched the video and live performances (she was lethargic, he couldn't sing in the right key). ugh,
                                            well... she had personal problems during that time. I'm not wanting to make excuses... but she had a specific vision for her album at the time... which was completely re-worked due to her personal circumstances, including a severe injury.

It's like blaming Madonna for cancelling shows bc of her knee injury... some people just want to find something to critique, even tough that criticism being completely unfair and ignorant.

Yes, the #B video was not good... but the song was a complete bop and had great chartings globally.
                                            My Chart

Comment

Mariahs live voice is still golden!!! Don’t you remember her singing Endless Love live during caution days... or all the home snippets during covid? She has a strong voice (I‘ve seen her live on the caution & Xmas tour).

Its just the new recordings that sound „weird“ because of whatever effect she‘s using. This stupid effect she used on all her professional home recordings during covid as well.
                                              Exactly! I don’t get some lambs saying “that’s nothing wrong with the recordings blah blah blah she aged and her voices sounds like that natually thin when she goes higher” ITS NOT! It’s just the computer effects she WANTS to use on her voice that make her voice sound like that robotic, thin and chipmunk. Just compare when she sang a cappella and her voice doesn’t sound like that. She must be deaf cause I don’t believe she doesn’t hear how unbearable is to hear her voice like that. It’s sad cause her natural voice is beautiful and she just choose to ruin it

Comment

I like her voice best these days when it stays within range. i.e. whoever mixed and produced her vocals on Caution knows her voice and the limits.

I get that she uses breathy-ness beause that's where she has the strongest command of her agility, but much prefer just straight singing from her.

It's clear on FILAC and the trailer that as soon as she goes for that high belt, unless it's mixed well it just sounds very thin, tone-less and chipmunky.

I always wonder what a Mariah of the early 90s would feel when she would listen to a recent track from today.

Comment

• #B <3 <3 the guitar riff, the vibe, everything works for me

Comment

Well she already sounds defeated by her disdain for the label. She's obviously just had enough to fight against that and clearly they object to her vision and style of music. They probably sense that her music is now very niche, no point investing in that until she actually has something undeniable to offer.

We know what a big label can still do these days, all the big artists today are still supported by strong labels. If you can't make peace with them then you're left where she is at now.

What happened to the girl who once was on the cutting edge of driving music forward. I miss her, i miss her great outlook on music and where it was going.
                                                    Nobody in her age group is getting any type of label support. All she can do "better" is to come to Europe...and do TV promo... that's all I'm interested in. But she won't do that... and it's OK... as long as I can purchase a physical copy of her new music products... I'm happy.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X