Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    The disrespect to call her collaborators C-Level... Skrillex, Khalid, Kirk, Busta, Ty, Snoop, Ari, J-Hud etc...

she can never win with some of the lambs... I personally, love her for choosing people that she likes and not do collabos for the sake of (even tho, it would be nice to have some charts activity to track).

It's so disrespectful. Guys, get a grip.
    I said „her team“!!!!

In Germany we say „who can read has a clear advantage„

Comment

• bm08
      bm08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Infraction issued.

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I like her voice best these days when it stays within range. i.e. whoever mixed and produced her vocals on Caution knows her voice and the limits.

I get that she uses breathy-ness beause that's where she has the strongest command of her agility, but I just want straight singing from her.

It's clear on FILAC and the trailer that as soon as she goes for that high belt, unless it's mixed well it just sounds very thin, tone-less and chipmunky.

I always wonder what a Mariah of the early 90s would feel when she would listen to a recent track from today.
    she would probably feel depressed by all the negative comments about sth that she cannot change... a couple of years ago.. she exclaimed: I'm doing my best, with what I've got...

I loved that. Yes, people can sit there and wait for the big notes and then fake-shock themselves into oblivion when she fails at that...

I'm one of those people who'd rather build people up than tea them down.

Honestly, in my opinion... I was afraid of the robotic sound that is described... bc I've noticed it too (first in the ABC xmas special from 2010)... but on record, Mariah still sounds like herself... warm and husky, just beautiful.

idc if they edit her vocals to death on a special like the one that is about to come... I'm just so glad that they are not doing it on her albums. Caution sounded amazing. On tour... she sounded amazing. And btw... the GP doesn't really notice anything.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Exactly! I don’t get some lambs saying “that’s nothing wrong with the recordings blah blah blah she aged and her voices sounds like that natually thin when she goes higher” ITS NOT! It’s just the computer effects she WANTS to use on her voice that make her voice sound like that robotic, thin and chipmunk. Just compare when she sang a cappella and her voice doesn’t sound like that. She must be deaf cause I don’t believe she doesn’t hear how unbearable is to hear her voice like that. It’s sad cause her natural voice is beautiful and she just choose to ruin it
      Why does she have to feel she has to pitched that sound higher than her natural voice I don't get.

Doesn't she realise that it's unpleasant to listen to? Who TF is telling her it's sounding great. I would've expected that a vocalist of her calibre (well any calibre really) would realise that it's just not pleasant.

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post

I said „her team“!!!!

In Germany we say „who can read has a clear advantage„
        my point was a general one. right back at cha.
        My Chart

Comment

Nobody in her age group is getting any type of label support. All she can do "better" is to come to Europe...and do TV promo... that's all I'm interested in. But she won't do that... and it's OK... as long as I can purchase a physical copy of her new music products... I'm happy.
          Madonna is still being pushed by Warner, they have big plans for 2022 it seems.

Celine has always been stable with her label, every new release seems to get more marketing globally than MC's projects.

Comment

she would probably feel depressed by all the negative comments about sth that she cannot change... a couple of years ago.. she exclaimed: I'm doing my best, with what I've got...

I loved that. Yes, people can sit there and wait for the big notes and then fake-shock themselves into oblivion when she fails at that...

I'm one of those people who'd rather build people up than tea them down.

Honestly, in my opinion... I was afraid of the robotic sound that is described... bc I've noticed it too (first in the ABC xmas special from 2010)... but on record, Mariah still sounds like herself... warm and husky, just beautiful.

idc if they edit her vocals to death on a special like the one that is about to come... I'm just so glad that they are not doing it on her albums. Caution sounded amazing. On tour... she sounded amazing. And btw... the GP doesn't really notice anything.
            Though that's the thing, why is it so inconsistent. As an artist I would know what works and sounds best. How could I allow these awful robotic mixing to affect how I sound on an important project such as the Apple special.

The thing is there are bigger problems undernearth that is forcing her to go for that option. Either that or she's now clueless to what really sounds good.

She still has the whistles which is great, but it's actually never been what I liked most about her. It's more a flourish

I much prefer her tone in the middle to upper register and her ability to transition there without going to the breath-ness overload.

That's perhaps what I miss most, the tone.

Comment

Madonna is still being pushed by Warner, they have big plans for 2022 it seems.

Celine has always been stable with her label, every new release seems to get more marketing globally than MC's projects.
              Madonna is booked on big events bc she has a different standing in Europe. Céline doesn't get much label support either... nobody is investing in her streaming numbers either. Céline has a bigger fan base bc of her standing in Europe (especially the French part) and because she didn't switch from her original AC leaning sound.

Had Mariah stayed in the demure Music Box lane... she would probably be selling better in Europe too. But she didn't... and after years of very bitter and negative tabloid stories her reputation is pretty much shot. That is why I wish she would return to us, to show us some real personality.

Mariah's last big thing was MC30 - which was a huge success... The Rarities and the book + the 2020 Xmas special.

2021 was kind of a dry year for her... but not every year can be a "big" one. I mean she will still be the Queen of Xmas and collect her accolades and what not... and she gave us 2 new songs this year.

My Chart

Comment

Gosh, you guys are going at it today.

Comment

Sorry Stevyy, that makes no sense... you are replying to posts without referring to them with the sole interest in underlining that WE are the bad ones because we say the real sh@t.

You can kiss Mimi’s ass as much as you want, but we all WANT THE SAME
                  • new producers
                  • radio friendly songs ( more pop friendly without loosing her rnb love)
                  • no more unnecessary voice alteration/chipmunk effects
                  • straightforward vocals
                  • ballads without a beat / fingersnaps!!

Period.

Comment

Though that's the thing, why is it so inconsistent. As an artist I would know what works and sounds best. How could I allow these awful robotic mixing to affect how I sound on an important project such as the Apple special.

The thing is there are bigger problems undernearth that is forcing her to go for that option. Either that or she's now clueless to what really sounds good.

She still has the whistles which is great, but it's actually never been what I liked most about her. It's more a flourish

I much prefer her tone in the middle to upper register and her ability to transition there without going to the breath-ness overload.

That's perhaps what I miss most, the tone.

Mariah has become one of the most insecure singers bc of all the backlash... people are to blame for criticizing her every note. I mean why is she asking her audience consistently if they remember xyz song (sometimes huge hits at that)... bc the woman feels the pressure of delivering everything all the time at once.

She even listened to those people who told her that her one side is ugly or whatever... she probably also listens to people who say "Let's tweak your voice here and there, so it sounds as high as in 1991".

She should have the balls like Adele and Sia who have also given dreadful performances and then stopped and said... sorry guys, today's a rough day... if she'd do that... you'd have 657 tabloid magazines run cover stories of the negative kind.
                    My Chart

Comment

• The GOAT

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I also want Mariah to do great music videos for her non Xmas singles.
                        Please Mariah...
                        less "touch myself"- type
                        less "lemme wear the sexiest outfits possible for a sad ballad"-type
                        and more storylines
                        A viral music video will really help a lot.
                        Most of her music videos after Touch My Body were generally subpar, except a few like Obsessed, UOMF, etc.
                        #B was her last chance so far for a non Xmas hit, but killed by an average music video

Comment

Sorry Stevyy, that makes no sense... you are replying to posts without referring to them with the sole interest in underlining that WE are the bad ones because we say the real sh@t.

• new producers
                          • straightforward vocals

Period.
                          by your list, you are showing me that you do not want the same as me. I want for her to make the music that she wants to make...in hopes that I will like it. I want her to make music that she feels and not go back to be this calculating bish from the 1990s who is using every trick in the book to score a radio hit... bc in this day and age... even the greatest song would do... what? It would probably go top 10 on some sub-radio-genre (like the Jam / Lewis song).... and fade as fast as day 2 approaches (post release).

I think her vocals are fine. I love FILAC... Would I love an uptempo for once... sure... but I wouldn't center an entire post around it.
                          My Chart

Comment

• new producers
                            • straightforward vocals

Period.
                            I agree with all the above, though Stevvy is one of the more measured people on this thread. Let's not get angry at Stevvy he has some good points.

I think we'll all just really dissapointed and frustrated today. Why is it so damn inconsistent

It's Time - YAY!!!
                            FILAC - Ugh, cute, ok as a quite christmas momment but wrong single choice
                            McDonalds - YAY, seems to be the biggest deal to date, looking forward to the execution,
                            Christmas Special - ugh, you build us up for what?

Hoping for positivity next....

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              The GOAT

What's interesting is the same time AIWFCIY is dominating the charts that Buble album commands the Album charts for almost the same amount of time.

We need to knock him off the top of that list!!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

She said that on February and afterwards. She was excited about what she was cooking with Apple. I've being very supportive, I've had many discussions with people on here defending her, so I'm not the type to dramatize everything. But her and her team have caused this mess. I'm seeing on twitter that the "real lambs" are supporting her and criticising other fans.. also I can see a change in your narrative. Ok, I don't have to show my credentials, but her team reaction is disgusting. Blaming on the lambs and putting all of us in the bag of haters is not the way
                                What is her team blaming lambs for exactly ?
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

I agree with all the above, though Stevvy is one of the more measured people on this thread. Let's not get angry at Stevvy he has some good points.

I think we'll all just really dissapointed and frustrated today. Why is it so damn inconsistent

It's Time - YAY!!!
                                  FILAC - Ugh, cute, ok as a quite christmas momment but wrong single choice
                                  McDonalds - YAY, seems to be the biggest deal to date, looking forward to the execution,
                                  Christmas Special - ugh, you build us up for what?

Hoping for positivity next....

as I was saying... I am disappointed too... at the latest revelations... but we cannot change that... and we cannot look in the future... and she has been working on stuff... and so we have to wait and see what that was for.

What gets on my nerves is people who are drawing this ultra black and negative picture of her career... that she would suddenly only be known for 1 song at christmas and that everything she does will sound awful bc she cannot sing anymore....

I mean at a certain point we have to find common ground... There is a 51 year old woman who has been making music since her teenage years... who is way past whatever is popular due to age and who has gone some of the most career changing and destoying scandals anyone could have.... a mother of 2 pre-teens... during a global pandemic... with an ever changing music industry that has nothing to do with the one she started out with 30 years ago.

Every act feels the changes...and everyone has their demons.... we can always utter our wishes of what she should do... I myself do it all the time... but I also find the beauty in what she ends up doing... why? Because I genuinely give her chance.

FILAC is a great song to me... I like the production, I love the voice, I love the collaborators... it's all coming together nicely and so I feel shocked in reading things like... worst song ever... or what is she doing... or other stuff...
                                  My Chart

Comment

Where did this #Beautful being a Miguel track come from? Is this true?
                                    Yeah. It was a demo Miguel had written and it was sourced by Karen Kwak for Mariah. If you listen to his album at the time its totally obvious that it was a Miguel song that Mariah added a bit on to later.

Comment

Madonna is booked on big events bc she has a different standing in Europe. Céline doesn't get much label support either... nobody is investing in her streaming numbers either. Céline has a bigger fan base bc of her standing in Europe (especially the French part) and because she didn't switch from her original AC leaning sound.

Had Mariah stayed in the demure Music Box lane... she would probably be selling better in Europe too. But she didn't... and after years of very bitter and negative tabloid stories her reputation is pretty much shot. That is why I wish she would return to us, to show us some real personality.

Mariah's last big thing was MC30 - which was a huge success... The Rarities and the book + the 2020 Xmas special.

2021 was kind of a dry year for her... but not every year can be a "big" one. I mean she will still be the Queen of Xmas and collect her accolades and what not... and she gave us 2 new songs this year.
                                      Whilst I don't follow Celine's every move, though every time she has a new project or tour it always translates across to regular mainstream media. It just seems bigger.

Yes Celine doesn't get the same following on streaming but she hasn't really pushed it has she, she probably doesn't care. Her fanbase probably skews older anyway those that would just listen to that CD. Imagine what her streaming would be like if they really pushed it.

Madonna has always been relevant. Even when they think she's not relevant she's hung in there and always commands interest. The fact that she's now back at Warners is a great move.

When i thought Mariah was back at Sony I think that was a great choice, little did we know it was Sony Legacy and then now label-less or label when it's convenient.

A label is still very important in pushing your music out to the quadrants globally

Comment

• Was hoping for SNL surprise guesting but looks like that one is out of the list too...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah. It was a demo Miguel had written and it was sourced by Karen Kwak for Mariah. If you listen to his album at the time its totally obvious that it was a Miguel song that Mariah added a bit on to later.
                                          Well nonetheless it was a great choice. It works well and was a fresh Summery sound. I knew it was a hit the momment i first heard it.

I remember when it was released my friends (who are not lambs or are frequent Mariah listeners) said they really like the song. They were less enamoured with the video, felt too bimbo with all that body touching.

I also remember the time (which today still brings a smile to my face) when the TEOM album came out, i was on the train to work and here was two people sitting across me holding the album and talking about her. I was just listening along. They talked about the cover. It was like MARIAH is back bitches and the genera public felt that she was back.

I need that feeling again. Nothing released since Butterfly has captured that sort of out of lamb interest.

Comment

Well nonetheless it was a great choice. It works well and was a fresh Summery sound. I knew it was a hit the momment i first heard it.

I remember when it was released my friends (who are not lambs or are frequent Mariah listeners) said they really like the song. They were less enamoured with the video, felt too bimbo with all that body touching.

I also remember the time (which today still brings a smile to my face) when the TEOM album came out, i was on the train to work and here was two people sitting across me holding the album and talking about her. I was just listening along. They talked about the cover. It was like MARIAH is back bitches and the genera public felt that she was back.

I need that feeling again. Nothing released since Butterfly has captured that sort of out of lamb interest.
                                            Oh yeah sure i dont care who wrote the song. No big deal for her to use a demo written by someone else. I mean she already did a whole album like that almost. The Dream and Memoirs.

And yeah i remember the excitement when I saw her back on Billboard at 16, I was so pleased.

Comment

• Where’s the mod? The same thing over and over by the same person.

Comment

• http://marcokircher.com
                                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                IG: marco235

Comment

• The last 3 pages, a journey through “Meltdown lane”
                                                  This looks like a convention of shade organized by Luis Fonsi

Comment

Working...
                                                  X