No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there’s nothing wrong with us wanting the BEST for MC… and when it’s not the best some of us naturally get disappointed and mad. And that’s ok. We don’t need to accept Khalid and Kirk. Whoever said C list is correct.
    LAST year we got Snoop and J Hud and Ari and an AMAZING full length Apple Special with a top production and creative team. And this year we get an 18 (what in the who, 18 minutes? Could ya not even make it to 30 minutes?!) minute special with Kirk and Khalid and we’re supposed to be GRATEFUL and NOT disappointed? No ma’am. Someone get RocNation on the phone…. Melissa I’m sorry we gave you a chance and you let us down.

Comment

• And another thing whilst I’m at it. What in the world has
      she actually been DOING this year?! Not much is anything judging by the output. All year lambs have waited and all year there has been nothing. So finally it was… well she’s kept us waiting all year so this Xmas is REALLY gonna bring it, she said it herself on Spaces. No1 is putting words in her mouth or getting carried away SHE said this Xmas is gonna be bigger than ever. Well it’s not. And lambs are pissed. Quite rightly.

Comment

• Labeling lambs as ‘unloyal’ because they post one negative post is a reach. The last few pages have been mostly different people expressing their opinion once, bar 2 or 3 persons. Perhaps it looks negative, just simply because most people are disappointed. Personally, I don’t care as much, hopefully she used the extra time to work on MC16 #icandream
        Eudaimonia
        Last.fm
        Instagram

Comment

• I honestly think it’s so strange that people think that when Mariah isn’t visible she isn’t doing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Ok. Mix things. Bye
            Girl…if it don’t apply, let it fly! I didn’t even have you in mind when I made that comment, so the fact that you think it was about you when it wasn’t speaks volumes about how you see your comments and attitude.

Mariah is doing the best she can with what she’s got (which isn’t much), and y’all can’t even give her a break or a simple thank you. That is entitled behavior that spoiled, ungrateful, and disloyal people engage in when they don’t get exactly what they want. As though any of what she’s doing this #MariahSZN was ever up to us.

No one was named specifically, because that’s super rude. However, I said what I said, and I said it with my chest. This backlash has been horrific and very embarrassing.

We know that Mariah’s team and even Mariah herself live up in this thread, and they have definitely seen this mess. I’ll say it again: y’all should be ashamed of how y’all acted over this.

Comment

• I am a fan since Dreamlover, I always support her, spend money on buying everything from her, travel around the world to see her live, and sometimes I was a little disappointed with some failed projects like for example Angels advocate but this is in another level, they were feeding us with comments about this new special being even bigger than the previous one and I think I am right to be disappointed. Of course at the end of the day I will continue to support her and I know that I will enjoy the 18’ special but its also right to feel disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                Girl…if it don’t apply, let it fly! I didn’t even have you in mind when I made that comment, so the fact that you think it was about you when it wasn’t speaks volumes about how you see your comments and attitude.

Mariah is doing the best she can with what she’s got (which isn’t much), and y’all can’t even give her a break or a simple thank you. That is entitled behavior that spoiled, ungrateful, and disloyal people engage in when they don’t get exactly what they want. As though any of what she’s doing this #MariahSZN was ever up to us.

No one was named specifically, because that’s super rude. However, I said what I said, and I said it with my chest. This backlash has been horrific and very embarrassing.

We know that Mariah’s team and even Mariah herself live up in this thread, and they have definitely seen this mess. I’ll say it again: y’all should be ashamed of how y’all acted over this.
                My attitude? I've been honest but RESPECTFUL towards her. Always. In fact I have confronted some trolls here. At this point I don't even care about the 18 min thing, I'm really concerned about some of you patronizing other lambs, putting us in the box of "the problematic" and saying.. this is up to you. Because it isn't. I didn't do some TW spaces saying this was going to be big, I wasn't the one saying until recently that "the new special of this year" etc. If they are hurt instead on blaming on LOYAL lambs, they should do some self-criticism. This isn't the end of the world, but for me it's a turning point. And no, I'm not ashamed, I haven't done anything. She's going to be well, even if some lambs are a bit disappointed with something at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Some of the comments have been beyond disappointment and a lot of them hate fueled and entitled.

Sadly, this has already gotten back to MC.

There was a lot of aggression she faced today - with people even using her own words against her. Hopefully there’s a collective effort to turn the page tomorrow.
                  Agreed on turning the page, literally. I got my copy of her Billboard Magazine issue and I can’t wait to do a deep dive.

I’m not crazy about the cover. If the pic isn’t from 2016-2017, it definitely harkens back to those dark days, and her obsession with wearing old lady jewels. I know that they cost more than my entire education, but they were and still are absolutely hideous.

Comment

• To sum it up! We all LOVE MC - we just see so much more in her than all these „stubborn / success-reducing“ decisions.

If she has no Manager nor Manager who is able to tell her the truth (like Usher told her in 2004 „Mariah, SING!“), than WE as lambs have to SAY THE TRUTH!!

I can’t read comments like „she didn’t release FILAC for success“ anymore - it‘s always the same since XY years - why can’t she reflect that she is in need of new inspiration from producers / musicians outside her comfort zone?!

It won’t harm her being more creative and open-minded regarding sound / Look etc.

What has to happen for her to realize she is not successful on her own & with her current team?

Comment

• People here are overly dramatic.
                      AsaPUKE ing bola
                      king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Uh... it's really not that big a deal, you know?

Like, in the grand scheme of things.

Like, in the world, the universe, her career even.

Yeah yeah, I'm somewhat disappointed it's not more of what we got last year (because I enjoyed it - it was fun - I want to see more).

But at the same time, we'll live.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Behind the scenes footage of FILAC now on youtube

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Behind the scenes footage of FILAC now on youtube

I just love casualriah.. so youthful!
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Look, I don't mean to denigrate Darlene, but how can anyone listen to her/Phil Spector's version of C(BPCH) when Mariah's version is just SOOOOOOO superior??? Like...Darlene is flat in so many places... but I guess perhaps being the first and the nostalgia of hearing it as a child, must mean a lot to people...

Comment

• Where Darlene is concerned, I much prefer her doing her song All Alone At Christmas from Home Alone 2. That’s such an underrated Christmas song and one of my all time faves. Mariahs version oh CBPCH is much better.
                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• What I find really strange is that in the Apple teaser it does not say clearly “2 performances only”. Even JK is tweeting about a “filmed concert”. I’m sure a lot of the GP will be WTF comes December because without the lambs digging in no way you feel like this will be a 8 minutes performance. But now that the disappointment is over I can say I’m looking forward to rewatching the whole special. I’m just curious if the 2021 bit should be watched after or before the 2020 special or it does not matter because there is no storyline ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                                    sounds like it will be similar to the special she did in 2016 but i have to say i was under the impression that it would be a part 2 not an add on segment of 18 minutes with only 2 performances?

I loved the looks she was serving on that special tbh. So wholesome and classy yet still glamorous:

I also loved the first GRYMG performance she gave us and the finale with AIWFCIY. I'll need to rewatch it this year now that it's on netflix.

Comment

• She's doing interviews. This is a Spanish journalist

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                        Labeling lambs as ‘unloyal’ because they post one negative post is a reach. The last few pages have been mostly different people expressing their opinion once, bar 2 or 3 persons. Perhaps it looks negative, just simply because most people are disappointed. Personally, I don’t care as much, hopefully she used the extra time to work on MC16 #icandream
                                        Agreed with all of this. Personally, I don't care as much either, I'm mostly LOL'ing at the drama, and while, yes, I think it sure is a little disappointing that this year's "oh so amazing even better than last year's" special is ultimately only two songs and an interview, it's definitely not enough for my mood to be ruined. LMAO. If I wanted to complain I'd say this is YET another season we're not getting "Where Are You Christmas" or a live performance of "Miss You Most" finally, but oh f—king well! Fingers crossed for Christmas 2022!

Comment

• A Christmas special won’t make or break her. Nobody really gives a f*ck honestly. She’s has AIWFCIY. Y’all do entirely too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            This means she’s been working more on MC16 than we thought!

Am I the only one who is happy?

Although I’m not in love with the idea of Brandy and The Clark Sisters on an album proper
                                            I'm definitely with you that I'd rather ms Brandy and The Clark Sisters be absent from the album, but I somehow HIGHLY doubt MC's been working much on MC16. lmfaoooo

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm not insinuating she's been slacking around all year, but I get the impression she isn't far along into MC16.
                                            Last edited by ForeverYoung; Fri November 19, 2021, 13:45.

Comment

• I was listening to the Adele album this morning and a lot of the songs are raw and so emotional. Made me feel so bad for her and reminded me that the last time I felt like this was listening to Cry by Mariah Carey. Maybe it’s a weird thing to say but I’m happy MC is in a better place in her life and spreading joy with her Christmas music. She deserves a “happy ending” after all the trouble she’s been through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                                I was listening to the Adele album this morning and a lot of the songs are raw and so emotional. Made me feel so bad for her and reminded me that the last time I felt like this was listening to Cry by Mariah Carey. Maybe it’s a weird thing to say but I’m happy MC is in a better place in her life and spreading joy with her Christmas music. She deserves a “happy ending” after all the trouble she’s been through.
                                                I love music!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

I also loved the first GRYMG performance she gave us and the finale with AIWFCIY. I'll need to rewatch it this year now that it's on netflix.

I saw this is ending on Netflix next month. A shame tbh
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Nonetheless, Mariah has time and time again explained, over the last couple years especially, how much she fights for things. Just think of the fact that Mariah Carey, the Queen of Christmas, had to release a Christmas song independently....that alone should have been an indication that she is doing what she can. She even directed it herself!!! Further, look at when Sony supports her. For her catalog. Not for new projects.

She did what she could with this. There was no big budget. There was no demand from Apple to create an over the top new thing. Of course she maybe could have tampered down expectations a lot, but i think her excitement about things is read into a lot more than probably should be. But at this stage in her career, can you blame her about being excited about any new opportunity?
                                                    I love how you put this. I’m here watching some of her promo messages (like the one for Deezer) and I worry that she looks tired! Or on the last Twitter space when she called in at 4am or something and sounded exhausted. She works so hard!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X