Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
    Why? What’s on them?
    Britney dragged Xtina for running away from a question about her.

Comment

• Can't believe that anyone actually thinks Mariah clicks on Britney Spears instagram stories
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Such a shame this version was omitted from the original US release of Merry Christmas.

I don't understand why they would deprive people of this in 1994 - this is brilliant.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
          Such a shame this version was omitted from the original US release of Merry Christmas.

I don't understand why they would deprive people of this in 1994 - this is brilliant.

Glad we got it since the beginning in Europe. Best version I've ever heard.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

This is what I thought she may have been talking about she has planned for the spring. I don’t want it reincarnated though, I want the 1995 version.
            I want both. She says in the interview that the butterfly lounge is open to different genres of music. But I want to hear the original cuts, the angry 1995 Mariah

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
              So Mariah confirmed she is not currently attached to a label. I’m curious to see how she will distribute her music in the future. She seems to be content owning her masters of her recordings moving forward.
              She uses her own "label". The Spanish journalist that I posted the tweet the other day, who is a friend of a friend, says that was the people from Apple the ones who organized the interview

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                People are still talking about SUD ? It was cute for a moment but for me it has long passed. Should have been released with the book with her original vocals and nothing more. As soon as she started talking about redoing it with Millie Bobbie brown or whoever I was like Ok Pass.
                There will be movie/series adaptation of the book so people will have renewed interest in SUD.
                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Why losing interest in something we knew about a year ago? we waited for Loverboy firecracker or St John the divine concert for 2 decades. It's interesting while she did this at the same time of Daydream, it's something unexpected from her and some songs are good. I want to hear her vocals as far as I want to hear her version of Where are you Christmas

Comment

• I couldn't care less about that SUD record.
                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                      I couldn't care less about that SUD record.
                      Good for you, dear

Comment

• Loved the interview with Nessa. Brilliant interviewer and an amazing, loyal lamb.

I wonder why MC's original idea for this year's Apple+ special was quashed and they went with the 18-min one. She mentioned the Covid situation as the contributing factor, but last year's special was actually filmed amidst a similar situation.

So she has something big planned for spring next year. MC16? SUD release?

Great to hear that Lee Daniels is working on the film adaptation of her memoir. She confirmed that it will be a film, and not a mini-series.

Roe Roe has recorded music? Wow!

I'm pretty sure The Butterfly Lounge will be developed into sort of a musical program involving guest artistes performing with her. If true, I would love it!
                        Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                        Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                          Such a shame this version was omitted from the original US release of Merry Christmas.

in the past, US labels prioritize other markets like EU or Japan to motivate sales there, so all the albums always had 1-2 bonus tracks in those respective regions. That's why we got Everything fades away as bonus in EU and Asian Music Box, There Goes My Heart, Miss You and Got a Thang 4 U in EU and Asian Charmbracelet, Sprung and Secret Love in TEOM, Heat and 4real4real in E=MC2 and even in 2008, Japan got Runway in Caution.
                          I don't get why she didn't release all of the Charmbracelet bonus tracks during #MC30.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfily View Post

I'm pretty sure The Butterfly Lounge will be developed into sort of a musical program involving guest artistes performing with her. If true, I would love it!
                            It pretty seems like that. It's like she's trying to sell it, but I love the idea of a "writing camp" and experiment with it

Comment

• New interview with etalk

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                New interview with etalk

yet another lovely interview! However, you can see that she isn‘t very pleased with how the apple thing evolved. I‘m sorry for her.

Comment

• I loved Nessa's interview! So informative and fun. At one point you could see Mariah super touched by Nessa's words!
                                  The second interview with talk it's my least favorite from all of the ones we've got, but always grateful to have new interviews, I can listen to her talk like that for days.
                                  About the Butterfly launch, I think it's a great concept, and love to hear that she's going deep into showcasing her musicianship, something that in my opinion, makes her stand appart from all of the others singers/ songwriters.
                                  I'm excited for a documentary on how she works on her music, and loved that she said it isn't glamorous. Don't get me wrong, I love the grandiose nature of Mariah, but really love when she's just normal and relatable.

About the film adaptation of her book, I'm here for it. One thing I really don't care about, and I'm really sorry to say that, cause I don't want to be mean but it's Roe Roe singing. I have heard her sing on Mariah's Christmas concert, and she was super pitchy, and she was already seven or eight.
                                  I sing as well, as being a dancer, and seven or eight it's a time when you should sing on pitch naturally already. Knowing that, she probably has some training... I don't know, maybe she improved sooo much since and she sings incredibly well, but I would just like to point out that sometimes, talent doesn't translate onto the next generation, just because your mother is the greatest singer out there.
                                  Saying this, I also can say, that she definitely has talent as a good mover and you can tell that singing she loves it, so we'll stay tune and see how this translates while she grows.

About Britney exposing Christina, I applaud her for doing so. When Christina says in interviews, that the media pitted them against each other it ain't totally true.
                                  I clearly remember the Stripped era, when Christina was dragging Britney in interviews for no reason. teaming up with Justin and wearing a pin saying I F***** Britney Spears, and then she talked about being a woman's advocate, but it seems to me that it's only when it works on the favor.

Saying that, I will also say, that it's a shame that I really don't like the person that is Christina, cause I really think she's a brilliant songwriter and a fantastic vocalist.

Back to Mariah, I am not blind, and certainly don't agree with everything she's done, AKA Mariah's World, etc...
                                  But I am super proud of her for coming back as her true self, when I honestly feared we were loosing her during the Russian's era lol.
                                  I'm very happy to see her thriving and releasing music like Caution. I honestly love FILAC as well and Oh Santa Remix.

One last thing, about the staged live performances... They all have done that during Covid19

I usually don't go for this long on a post, and certainly try to keep it just about Mariah. I guess today was the day. Hahah
                                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I’d be interested to hear SUD but with her Daydream era vocals.. not new ones.
                                    Last edited by NorthernMonkey; Sat November 20, 2021, 11:25.
                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by butterfly_33 View Post

yet another lovely interview! However, you can see that she isn‘t very pleased with how the apple thing evolved. I‘m sorry for her.
                                      I think you have made your point and it may be good to move on since your posts are being flagged.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                        I’d be interested to hear it but with her Daydream era vocals.. not new ones.
                                        You mean someone's ugly daughter album, right? Yeah, me too. Because that's when she wrote it and recorded it, so, I'm sure you can hear the anger and frustration on her voice, plus, even If I love her voice now, Daydream's voice is prime Mariah, even though, for me, Merry Christmas is the real prime. That tone, thick and light at the same time... Magic!!
                                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

• New Interview with Reforma en espanol. No new information that i can tell but Spanish speakers may be better equipped to tell us:

Comment

New Interview with Reforma en espanol. No new information that i can tell but Spanish speakers may be better equipped to tell us:

Ok, I'm going to read it and will explain what she talks about.
                                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

This is what I thought she may have been talking about she has planned for the spring. I don’t want it reincarnated though, I want the 1995 version.
                                              In my mind the spring thing is Masterclass no ? I don’t think she knows that we are aware as it was not really announced in detail by them yet.

Comment

• Mariah Carey will never 'run out' of Christmas because it is one of the seasons of the year that she enjoys the most and has fun. That is why, she said in a virtual conference, her special Mariah's Christmas: The Magic Continues, represents the moments that lead her to positive and hopeful situations after the bittersweet moments she spent in her turbulent childhood. "There are bittersweet memories, I had a dysfunctional family, a brutal family, and it wasn't always fun, but I always tried to be positive. I looked at the calendar that made me think of the beautiful moments. My mom was the one who was enthusiastic about making fruit punch, and if it was a very small place , or very humble, that made it special. "That made the moment special. Now I am the one in charge of Christmas, and I do it better, for my children, for me, I take special moments for me that is the spirit that I enjoy and the season fascinates me," she said. the 52-year-old music diva.

They got her age wrong.

"I would love to have magic powders to create magic and solve any problem in the world, but I have also reflected that Christmas is about internalizing, about seeing what we are, it is our own and sacred moment.

This special program that premieres on December 3 on Apple TV +, means total pride for the interpreter of "Hero" and "Fantasy", since after the covid-19 pandemic, she revalued family moments and her days with her sons Moroccan and Monroe. And it comes along with his new Christmas single, "Fall in Love at Christmas," which he recorded and mixed at his studios, Butterfly Lounge in Atlanta and Los Angeles, and features the collaboration of Khalid and Kirk Franklin. "Last year I think we all experienced a unique challenge with the covid. This year there is a new song, it is a different spirit. We wrote the song with my musical director Daniel Moore. "I think this Christmas is so different, we will live it in a different way, I have sung many songs and I have composed many with different forms of expression, this one is about love, with gospel, it is spirit, it is nostalgia, perhaps it is for a couple as if saying 'We have to fall in love again,' "said the Grammy and Billboard multi-winner. Aware that his seasonal classic "All I Want Is Christmas Is You" revives every end of the year and retakes his crown in popularity charts, he assured that he is not afraid of the competition with his new compositions, and with the previous ones, since he has made more than thirty about the season. "There is no magic, there is no secret formula, we do not know how to make a success, but I love everything I do for Christmas." And with the reissue of his book, "The Meaning of Mariah Carey", to which he dedicated three years to write and has just re-released a hardcover edition, he reiterated that he is working on the film adaptation of it because he cares which characters will participate and will respect their absences.
                                                Underneath The Stars

Comment

• bm08
                                                  bm08 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Thank you for the translation!

• Soul Train uploaded MC's Emotions performance from 1992.

We've all seen it but good for others

Comment

Soul Train uploaded MC's Emotions performance from 1992.

We've all seen it but good for others
                                                  Saw that last night, I like that instead of the ascending whistles she just sings in full voice. I like both versions, but it makes a nice change.
                                                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

Working...
                                                  X