X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, AIW already entered US iTunes Top 20 at #19

Crazy.

Comment

• mariah far above all the other xmas songs (spotify global)
      45 16 All I Want for Christmas Is You Mariah Carey 1994
      68 46 Last Christmas Wham! 1984
      94 81 It’s Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas Michael Buble 2012
      101 Re-Entry Jingle Bell Rock Bobby Helms 1957
      116 Re-Entry Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree Brenda Lee 1964
      127 Re-Entry Santa Tell Me Ariana Grande 2014
      164 Re-Entry It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Andy Williams 1963
      193 Re-Entry Snowman Sia 2018

Comment

• New interview with ET Canada. A question about Britney is the new thing here

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• So Elton John and Ed Sheeran are doing something for Christmas.

I woud actually love Mariah collaborating with Elton in a Christmas smash, something piano ballad or classical or even up tempo like the PNAU remix of Cold Heart.

He is a singer songwriter as well and they clearly have respect for each other having crossed paths a few times, why not collaborate before he fully retires. Elton's collab with George (another Mariah dear friend) was iconic and I would love for Mariah to collaborate with a few other legends on a mainstream or pushed single (before we loose all of them).

She hasn't done anything fully yet with Stevie Wonder (despite that harmonica on MIAM) why not do a classical one with him like Gaga and Bennett.

Also Mariah and Patti Labelle, no single except for that live performance.
          Last edited by skylynx; Sun November 21, 2021, 19:16.

Comment

• Love all the interviews so far - even with the same old questions.
            She's so calm, chill and focused (she's not rambling LOL).
            Also she's very warm with the interviewers, showing her puppies and all, haha.

Mariah Xmas deco is always on point.
            The setting looks gorgeous.
            I think I prefer the other look (make-up and hair included) with the black dress tho.

We know MC loves some Britney.
            I know Britney unfollowed Mimi, but had she total control over her media when she did that?
            That was very strange.

Comment

• She obviously didn’t want to talk about Britney. In true Mariah fashion she changed the subject right away and brought up the memoirs.

I wouldn’t say specifically about Britney tho. We know how Mariah is when the interviewer asks her a question about something she is not there to promote.

Comment

• God, I love this performance.
                She nailed the climax.
                Dem (3) F5s were crazy good.

Comment

• She's inviting a fan to Thanksgiving dinner?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    She's inviting a fan to Thanksgiving dinner?

Didn't she say anything about doing something for Thanksgiving?

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                      She obviously didn’t want to talk about Britney. In true Mariah fashion she changed the subject right away and brought up the memoirs.

I wouldn’t say specifically about Britney tho. We know how Mariah is when the interviewer asks her a question about something she is not there to promote.
                      Yes, it was very noticeable and a sharp change of topic, not very elegant but she clearly wanted nothing to do with the topic. You can see the interviewer clearly wanted a substantial answer and alot of awkward silences in that short span of 10 seconds.

The thing is the media always does this. Either to get a tidbit or just like that XTina comment, a supposed momment that they can re-use, highlight or drag. I do find that Britney going off against XTina a bit uncalled for. Yes Christina shoud've handled it better and said something along the lines of "It's great to see Britney free.. wishing her well" rather than that awkward momment with her publicicst/manager......but the thing is, Britneys story is her story, she can tell it herself....no need to focus on what others say or don't say about it.....firstly it's none of their business, secondly we don't really know what Britney feels or the nuances of the proceedings.

Comment

• It's called a "gotcha" question. It's not professional, IMO, and arguably not the platform to discuss such a sensitive issue.

I mean even the way the interviewer tried to phrase it as a "Christmas miracle" to suit the theme of the conversation was really awkward. A shame given the sensitivity and seriousness of Britney's situation. It is anything but a miracle.

Comment

• With CBPCH being promoted in this year's special, i hope it will chart even in the lower region of BB100.
                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                            With CBPCH being promoted in this year's special, i hope it will chart even in the lower region of BB100.
                            It can’t chart if it’s not above top50 cause it’s an old song. And if she releases a new version like Taylor’s version that can chart as a new song, I highly doubt people will buy and stream that much and more than the original. Remember that even Oh Santa with Ariana barely chart with all the buzz, promo, music video, Ariana posting for her millions of followers..

and I don’t think Apple will post on YouTube otherwise wouldn’t be anything left for people to check the special since it’s only 2 performances

Comment

That made me cry! Thay's so sweet!!!
                              About the question about Britney, yes, it's no professional to ask in this moment, but everybody is getting asked. And even If you can tell that she didn't spend time with her answer, but her answer was genuine and full of the love she has for Britney.

Love all the interviews and promo she's been doing for the song and for Christmas. Fantastic rollout.

Plus, AIW is doing so well already, and to be honest, Oh Santa as well, the song is one year old and still having 100k daily it's great! I hope it continues growing.
                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

She's joking (I guess).
                                She tweeted to another family early today as well

Comment

It's called a "gotcha" question. It's not professional, IMO, and arguably not the platform to discuss such a sensitive issue.

I mean even the way the interviewer tried to phrase it as a "Christmas miracle" to suit the theme of the conversation was really awkward. A shame given the sensitivity and seriousness of Britney's situation. It is anything but a miracle.
                                  I agree 100%.
                                  Mariah handled it very well tho. She quickly changed the topic yet made her point clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

She's joking (I guess).

It's the same account I think.
                                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      It can’t chart if it’s not above top50 cause it’s an old song.
                                      U sure?
                                      Not saying it's gonna chart, but MC version never entered the Hot100 before.
                                      Don't know the BB rules in cases like these.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
                                        It's the same account I think.
                                        Oops, didn't check

Comment

Oops, didn't check
                                          Hehe His reaction was super touching!
                                          Underneath The Stars

Comment

U sure?
                                            Not saying it's gonna chart, but MC version never entered the Hot100 before.
                                            Don't know the BB rules in cases like these.
                                            It's still recurrent and therefore needs to be top 50.

Comment

• This other prediction has AIW re-entering at #47.

Comment

• Xmas songs are very difficult to predict, we already know that.

So we have one prediction at #36 and other at #47.

Comment

• I know Mariah can cook more than just greens, and I wish she’d talk about it. I know greens are staple in black households, especially for the holidays, but give us some sweet potato pie, yams, mac and cheese casserole, or giblet gravy, Mariah!

Unrelated, but I’m also making greens on Thursday.

Comment

She's joking (I guess).

It’s the same guy’s family. That’s why he made that other video emotional because Mariah invited him after his family’s video

Comment

Working...
                                                    X