No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah should invite more people... and put up a camera... record the ting and release it as her xmas special (deluxe).
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It's still recurrent and therefore needs to be top 50.
      I wonder in oh Santa’s case if it’s already considered recurrent

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
        Using a Spotify royalty calculator, FILAC has generated approx. $6421.10 on the platform since Dec 5th. And I wonder how much Kirk and Khalid got for this song.

Mariah has to stop losing money on songs that will not go anywhere. Gospel isn't commercial. Going that route assure labels not to invest time and money into her new music. She had a major artist and a decent video for a new song and she blew it (again).

We can say she is making music that she likes. But how how can it be funded when it can't sell? She is still young and she should try to be as more commercial as she can be before its too late.
        Singers really don't make much from streams anymore. Most of their income comes from touring, merch, and other advertising deals.

Just look at Jazmin Sullivan, for example, an rnb artist who had a pretty successful album this year. Her streams are the same as Caution, except she has more songs. I think we need to stop comparing Mariah's streams to newer pop artists.

Mariah has said in the past how she was a bit jealous of the respect Mary J Blige got. Yes, I'm sure she is grateful for what her massive hits have given her. However, at this point, I think she wants to create music like FILAC. And FILAC's streaming numbers are on par with rnb and gospel streaming numbers.

I really don't think she "should" do anything. Regarding funding, in her last Twitter Spaces talk, she said that the Christmas stuff was important because it also allowed her to do other stuff. I'm pretty sure the Christmas exposure funds what she really wants to do... stuff like FILAC.

I feel like sometimes people think she works for us and "gets it wrong" when the fans aren't pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          Mariah should invite more people... and put up a camera... record the ting and release it as her xmas special (deluxe).
          Haha, an extension of the Xmas Special extension, we love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
            Singers really don't make much from streams anymore. Most of their income comes from touring, merch, and other advertising deals.
            Exactly.

Mariah made it clear last year when AIW did those 17.2M streams, remember? haha.

Comment

• I'd like an extension to the extension! LOL And I'm here for her calling in all her contacts and give us some jam sessions!

Do you remember when Mariah announced some Christmas merch in July and the fans were complaining that she was doing too much Christmas-related stuff?

Then the special is announced and the fans complain... it's too short!

A tough crowd....

Comment

• So cute!

Comment

Just look at Jazmin Sullivan, for example, an rnb artist who had a pretty successful album this year. Her streams are the same as Caution, except she has more songs. I think we need to stop comparing Mariah's streams to newer pop artists.

Mariah has said in the past how she was a bit jealous of the respect Mary J Blige got. Yes, I'm sure she is grateful for what her massive hits have given her. However, at this point, I think she wants to create music like FILAC. And FILAC's streaming numbers are on par with rnb and gospel streaming numbers.

I really don't think she "should" do anything. Regarding funding, in her last Twitter Spaces talk, she said that the Christmas stuff was important because it also allowed her to do other stuff. I'm pretty sure the Christmas exposure funds what she really wants to do... stuff like FILAC.

I feel like sometimes people think she works for us and "gets it wrong" when the fans aren't pleased.
                  from her music catalogue (incl sales and radio royalties + licensing...) I refuse to believe that Mariah rakes in less than $100k-200k per month or so.
                  My Chart

Comment

A tough crowd....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

It's been like that for like 3/4 years.
                        Yet the song amassed 2M global streams (yesterday update) so...

Just people that hate MC I guess.

Have u seen that viral vid where a DJ in a party plays AIW thinking the teens are going to get mad and they started dancing and singing along like crazy?
                        I saw a comment about Mariah leaning into Christmas because it’s all she has.

”All she has” is a guaranteed bag every year that her grandchildren’s grandchildren will eat good off of. Not everybody has that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I wonder in oh Santa’s case if it’s already considered recurrent
                          I think so sadly!
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Comment

I'd like an extension to the extension! LOL And I'm here for her calling in all her contacts and give us some jam sessions!

Do you remember when Mariah announced some Christmas merch in July and the fans were complaining that she was doing too much Christmas-related stuff?

Then the special is announced and the fans complain... it's too short!

A tough crowd....
                              Well merch being announced in July and the Christmas special being short are completely unrelated.
                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

LOL, AIW already entered US iTunes Top 20 at #19

Crazy.
                                Amazing. Wish it were Oh Santa or WCC though.
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think so sadly!
                                  sad that if it had just a little push it couldve charted for a 2nd week on the xmas week,it had big streaming numbers.

--

great interview for access hollywood. nice to hear she wants to show the bts of her producing so people see she's not just a diva. it's gonna be an interesting docuseries. I wonder if has anything to do with that masterclass

Comment

Xmas songs are very difficult to predict, we already know that.

So we have one prediction at #36 and other at #47.
                                    It is more difficult now since some data used by predictor are not available publicly like it used to.
                                    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                      It is more difficult now since some data used by predictor are not available publicly like it used to.
                                      I know.
                                      Many predictors stopped posting stuff 'cause the lack of data.
                                      Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Amazing. Wish it were Oh Santa or WCC though.
                                      Now at #16, about to enter the Top 15.

It's BY FAR the highest xmas song on US iTunes.
                                      Brenda discounted the song today but it's falling, currently at #69.
                                      Seems like all the xmas tracks were affected both in streams and sales (lower), except for AIW.
                                      Even Santa Tell Me isn't doing well, streams are quite low compared with last year.
                                      FULL ACCESS INTERVIEW

Mariah Carey On Monroe's Modeling & Moroccan's YouTube Star Dreams

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                                          Using a Spotify royalty calculator, FILAC has generated approx. $6421.10 on the platform since Dec 5th. And I wonder how much Kirk and Khalid got for this song.

Mariah has to stop losing money on songs that will not go anywhere. Gospel isn't commercial. Going that route assure labels not to invest time and money into her new music. She had a major artist and a decent video for a new song and she blew it (again).

We can say she is making music that she likes. But how how can it be funded when it can't sell? She is still young and she should try to be as more commercial as she can be before its too late.
                                          How could she be losing money on FILAC when it is used in a Apple Special?

Comment

• I’ll keep posting this cause bitches could never.. I have to watch it every day

& stream Caution for clear skin

Comment

• Mariah should give us the unreleased tracks/outtakes from Merry Christmas next year. She’s already gone into the vault for The Rarities, so the precedent has been set.

Comment

• Massive streams for AIWFCIY yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                  I’ll keep posting this cause bitches could never.. I have to watch it every day

& stream Caution for clear skin
                                                  Both things are true tho.

Comment

• Interesting comments in The Hindu Times regarding new music:

“I wasn’t trying to go out there and encourage people to gather while we still don’t really know what the situation is; that’s too big a responsibility for me. I’m very thankful for the time in the studio, recording and re-recording and also re-inventing songs. Nothing can compare to singing with your fans who are right there with you, but I think being able to speak with my fans virtually, letting them hear new songs and watch the Christmas specials are all me giving of myself to my fans… that’s the best I can do,” she sums up simply.

Carey adds that this special has more energy to it, with her kids being present and radio legend Zane Lowe interviewing her. “I also did ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) which has always been a fan-favourite and is now one of mine because my band and I at the Butterfly Lounge came up with a little different jujj,” she describes.
                                                    Full: https://www.thehindu.com/entertainme...le37626454.ece

Comment

Working...
                                                    X