• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Of course, she reads us.
    She's probably one of the trolls on here

LMAO
    She knows us well
    I am still not over her/her team stealing two of my poll ideas.

Run me my money, Mariah.

Comment

• grammys nominations started

Comment

• Blinding Lights becoming the new #1 All Time Hot 100 song gives me hope that one day when AIW accumlates enough points, it can be at the top because the points for White Christmas are very shady, I didn’t have an impressive chart run as the other songs in the top 10.

Comment

• No grammy nomination for the memoir

Comment

• No surprise the audio book was snubbed

Comment

• I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the recording academy...
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                It’s understandable she wants to hit all her bullet points during these relatively short interviews, but the loops she takes to get there r really funny sometimes .
                Exactly, it's like there's 10 different thoughts going through her head and she doesn't know which one to talk about and forgets what the question really is and goes on tangents.

Very strange for a seasoned interviewee and night and day from her old interviews. Seems prepared and unprepared at the same time.....i.e. prepared in a sense she knows the key promotional things she needs to drop or land in her answer......unprepared in that the way she delivers those messages is very abrupt and doesn't always answer the interviewer's question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                  The original CBPCH cannot be more perfect. And with this she's telling us she's abandoning it, and the new version will be pushed in the future.

But she does need a version, an arrangement, she can actually perform going forward. So that's alright. We'll always have the original for our private use
                  The trailer doesn't sound particularly different from the original in terms of range or the way she sings it. It's just unfortunate the vocal quality is no longer there as compared to the original.

Comment

• Mariah's audiobook is a masterpiece

Comment

• The snubs are sad yet predictable at this point
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        The snubs are sad yet predictable at this point
                        they are hurtful because they rob her of promotional opportunities.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                          I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the recording academy...
                          Grammy and Billboard are all in the love hate relationship.

You love if your favs do well.....but when there are dubious rules (i.e. website sales and multiple sales) or clearly bias you'll hate them.

Comment

AIWFCIY spends around 5 weeks in the top 10... and 7-8 weeks on the H100... If the song can add more and more weeks at #1 (currently 5), then I can see it become the biggest song ever in terms of BB charting points.
                            That's assuming Blinding Lights also stays still which it won't. it's still hanging around in the Hot 100 from time to time.

It will take another decade or so to get there......and the way streaming is nowadays it seems as though it's much easier for hit songs to hang around due to heavy playlisting.........i mean in the past 3 years we've seem even more extreme chart performances.

* Take a look at the Dua Lipa singles
                            * Take a look at the #1 debuts
                            * Take a look at the number of very dubious chart toppers relying on website sales and digital sales.

Times have changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Grammy and Billboard are all in the love hate relationship.

You love if your favs do well.....but when there are dubious rules (i.e. website sales and multiple sales) or clearly bias you'll hate them.
                              I'm very levelled on this issue. But the number of times that they gave her the middle finger (at the recording academy) is just too much at this point.

They are always switching up their criteria... like "she wasn't successful enough" or "she was too successful"... people can't win.

And it's just like... they act as if nothing that she does has any value... if they think that way... she should never submit anything ever again. It's just a waste of time.
                              My Chart

Comment

That's assuming Blinding Lights also stays still which it won't. it's still hanging around in the Hot 100 from time to time.

It will take another decade or so to get there......and the way streaming is nowadays it seems as though it's much easier for hit songs to hang around due to heavy playlisting.........i mean in the past 3 years we've seem even more extreme chart performances.

* Take a look at the number of very dubious chart toppers relying on website sales and digital sales.

Times have changed.
                                no charts performance is as extreme as the one AIWFCIY will have.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                                  I think is cos this list is only focus on the hot 100 and the other one is the list of the greatest artists of all time
                                  Correct. For Hot 100 artist of all time, Madonna has more top 10, top 20, top 40 and top 100 songs than Mariah but if Billboard will update the list, Mariah will likely be number 4 surpassing Elvis. For greatest artist of all time, she is number 2 because her albums are performing quite well too (number 7 on BB200 artist of all time). Madonna i guess is outside top 10 in BB200 artist that's why she's behind mariah in greatest artist of all time list.
                                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

Very strange for a seasoned interviewee and night and day from her old interviews. Seems prepared and unprepared at the same time.....i.e. prepared in a sense she knows the key promotional things she needs to drop or land in her answer......unprepared in that the way she delivers those messages is very abrupt and doesn't always answer the interviewer's question.
                                    I think it's super weird! And even more than being a seasoned interviewee, you know she did these interviews all back to back... and she doesn't seem to get more organized in her thoughts from one interview to the next!

Like you said, she has her points. But the tangents, darling! And then, the other funny thing is she KNOWS because she mentions her tangents too. But I wonder if it's all part of her just being more free, and just being herself.

I personally identify 100% with how she talks in circles, and I love seeing her mind run free! It's a moment!

Comment

no charts performance is as extreme as the one AIWFCIY will have.
                                      True though it and all the Christmas songs are a bit special.

I'm hoping it can still win back the longest weeks at #1 by the end of the decade. There's still hope that is if it can still score 2 weeks at #1 each year. Tough ask

Comment

Times have changed.
                                        But i guess the key factor for song's longevity is radio. Streaming numbers change drastically week on week while radio builds momentum and if the song decline in impressions, the drop is usually gradual.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

Correct. For Hot 100 artist of all time, Madonna has more top 10, top 20, top 40 and top 100 songs than Mariah but if Billboard will update the list, Mariah will likely be number 4 surpassing Elvis. For greatest artist of all time, she is number 2 because her albums are performing quite well too (number 7 on BB200 artist of all time). Madonna i guess is outside top 10 in BB200 artist that's why she's behind mariah in greatest artist of all time list.
                                          correct. I really do hope that Mariah can overtake Elvis one day...
                                          My Chart

Comment

True though it and all the Christmas songs are a bit special.

I'm hoping it can still win back the longest weeks at #1 by the end of the decade. There's still hope that is if it can still score 2 weeks at #1 each year. Tough ask
                                            It would be so funny actually and I would be so here for that.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

I think it's super weird! And even more than being a seasoned interviewee, you know she did these interviews all back to back... and she doesn't seem to get more organized in her thoughts from one interview to the next!

Like you said, she has her points. But the tangents, darling! And then, the other funny thing is she KNOWS because she mentions her tangents too. But I wonder if it's all part of her just being more free, and just being herself.

I personally identify 100% with how she talks in circles, and I love seeing her mind run free! It's a moment!
                                              It's like she tells her team, give me a list of 5 things you need me to say and goodbye. And then goes in totally unprepared to the interview with her thoughts.

There's one thing letting your mind think on the spot but if you know that you're a person who goes on tangents then some prep would be better.

The other worrying thing is it's not like any of these questions are particularly difficult to answer or that haven't been asked before. I mean, there's the Britney question (asked at least 3 times already), there was a question about how she feels about spreading joy again for Christmas (giving yet another dry answer) in every interview.

I think she had an off day, clearly all these entertainment interviews were recorded on the same day judging by the outfit. The flow and quality of answer is miles apart of the Nessa interview.

Comment

correct. I really do hope that Mariah can overtake Elvis one day...
                                                The witch is catching up fast.

She will probably rise to the top faster at some point now. It's still incredible that she has so many loyal fans buyin gher stuff after more than 1.5 decades in the business. Savvy and smart girl. No one has been able to be as consistent as her I think for that long, even Madonna. Only Adele comes to mind but she releases albums at least every 4 years.

Comment

The witch is catching up fast.

She will probably rise to the top faster at some point now. It's still incredible that she has so many loyal fans buyin gher stuff after more than 1.5 decades in the business. Savvy and smart girl. No one has been able to be as consistent as her I think for that long, even Madonna. Only Adele comes to mind but she releases albums at least every 4 years.
                                                  Madonna & Mariah cannot really be compared in that sense... bc those strict H100 and BB200 rules were even harsher during Madonna's early career...

I hate these alltime lists... that are published today because they never consider the changes that the charts went through... I mean even the Beatles and Elvis cannot be compared to our 80s and 90s ladies bc the charts were even more different back then.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• AIW introduces her to new demographic then her strong catalogue wins her new fans. It's a great strategy actually.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X