Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Madonna & Mariah cannot really be compared in that sense... bc those strict H100 and BB200 rules were even harsher during Madonna's early career...

I hate these alltime lists... that are published today because they never consider the changes that the charts went through... I mean even the Beatles and Elvis cannot be compared to our 80s and 90s ladies bc the charts were even more different back then.
    i think they did. the chart run of a song is weighted differently from those coming from different eras with different methodologies but i agree you really can't compare them because rule changes. Case in point: the eligibility of album cuts to chart.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
      I think is cos this list is only focus on the hot 100 and the other one is the list of the greatest artists of all time
      Oh, I think u're right.
      Thanx!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        Mariah's audiobook is a masterpiece
        Yes.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        The snubs are sad yet predictable at this point
        Yes.

Originally posted by markwalde View Post
        I personally identify 100% with how she talks in circles, and I love seeing her mind run free! It's a moment!
        LMAO same.

Comment

• ET INTERVIEW

Mariah Carey on Christmas QUEEN Title and Not Paying Attention to Time (Exclusive)

Comment

• OMG how many interviews did she do that one day?

Exhausting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post
              Please correct me if my figures are wrong here, but I believe that so I far, AIWFC has spent around 40 weeks on the hot 100?

Blinding Lights, in total, spent 90 weeks on the hot 100. In one decade. Which is insane.

BUT, by my (perhaps poor maths) that means that, if AIW spends on average 5 weeks on the hot 100 every year, in 10 years, it will match that and become the No.1 song of all time? Unless, of course, someone comes along and outpaces that.
              I mean, nothing is impossible, but 5 weeks per year it's a lot!!! Well, Blinding lights it is. At least I like the song...
              Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  Why is Madonna higher than Mariah now?

In their last update (2018 I think) MC was higher than her.

I don't understand their lists tbh
                  I really like Mariah talking about the fact that this rest, really helped her heal her voice. I like how relatable and natural is on these interviews.
                  Also, I was thinking, the amount of focus to talk to all this people in one day or two is insane, and still articulated. honestly, she could say A, B, C, D... I would still listen.

About those lists, I don't get a thing!! Shouldn't she be right after The Beatles? They have 20 #1, ans she has 19.
                  But probably, that's not what they looked at to create it.
                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Probably the best one out of the series of interviews filmed on that day.

Can you believe it, hating on AIWFCIY and CBPH whilst loving FILAC and STD.....i mean seriously gurl !!! LOL.

I think that's it, we need to find songs that Mariah hates cause they're bound to be future classics.

Comment

• I know, I wouldn't be able to stay focused for so long with so many different people asking the same boring questions LOL.

She handled all these interviews so well tbh.

And you can't really compare these shorts interviews with Nessa 1 hour talk btw!

Comment

• Sad that they didn't nominate her book for a Grammy! I was expecting one this time, but it's true that they have always been super shady towards her.
                        Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                          AIW introduces her to new demographic then her strong catalogue wins her new fans. It's a great strategy actually.
                          I with that was true. But the fact is there is no noticeable jump in streaming numbers of her music after Christmas. AIW is almost 30 years old and younger people still can't name a (possible 2nd) 3rd or 4th Xmas song of hers.

Comment

• She really lights up when she is talking about her Irish liquor. Gurl... talk about them music songs or whatever. lol. ;D
                            My Chart

Comment

• Yeah, the one from Nessa it's amazing, and you can tell she loves her, so it's more a conversation, even If they talk about work.

Underneath The Stars

Comment

• They sure pushed Open Arms hard in Europe as the new Without You didn't they.

It did really well in the UK at #4 but bombed in Germany.

This performance was kinda weird, what is with that hanging shirt at the beginning. Talk about production design going a bit bonkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  She really lights up when she is talking about her Irish liquor. Gurl... talk about them music songs or whatever. lol. ;D
                                  Hhahahahahahahah Mariah loves a creamy drink. Black Irish, Eggnog... Honey
                                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

I with that was true. But the fact is there is no noticeable jump in streaming numbers of her music after Christmas. AIW is almost 30 years old and younger people still can't name a (possible 2nd) 3rd or 4th Xmas song of hers.
                                    The boosting of her catalogue will not come from Christmas......it will come from a new TEOM style smash.

This generation has yet to really see a full fledged Mariah Carey pop rnb era, and unfortunately they will never have that opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

Hhahahahahahahah Mariah loves a creamy drink. Black Irish, Eggnog... Honey

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

But they probably know some bc her covers of traditional songs have become the go-to arrangement for other artists which do covers now of Mariah's covers. (O Holy Night comes to mind).

AIWFCIY is the queen among her Xmas tunes... but she has another one over 130 million streams on Spotify and possibly even more songs after this season or in 2022.

And OS (ft. Ariana) will probably sit at around 50 million streams after this season + the original at 30 million.

Mariah has written 10 original Xmas songs (11 with Where are you Xmas) and they all did and continue to do reasonably well.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

I really like Mariah talking about the fact that this rest, really helped her heal her voice. I like how relatable and natural is on these interviews.
                                          Also, I was thinking, the amount of focus to talk to all this people in one day or two is insane, and still articulated. honestly, she could say A, B, C, D... I would still listen.

About those lists, I don't get a thing!! Shouldn't she be right after The Beatles? They have 20 #1, ans she has 19.
                                          But probably, that's not what they looked at to create it.
                                          The list is not a list of who has most number 1 s.
                                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

She looks so good in this video!!!
                                            Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The list is not a list of who has most number 1 s.
                                              Oh, my bad!! Thanks for clearing that up.
                                              Underneath The Stars

Comment

They sure pushed Open Arms hard in Europe as the new Without You didn't they.

It did really well in the UK at #4 but bombed in Germany.

This performance was kinda weird, what is with that hanging shirt at the beginning. Talk about production design going a bit bonkers.
                                                It stalled at #65, but it effected Daydream's run in Germany:

09.10.1995 - #53
                                                16.10.1995 - #5
                                                23.10.1995 - #7
                                                30.10.1995 - #7

06.11.1995 - #1
                                                13.11.1995 - #9
                                                20.11.1995 - #12
                                                27.11.1995 - #11

04.12.1995 - #16
                                                11.12.1995 - #19
                                                18.12.1995 - #22
                                                25.12.1995 - #26

08.01.1996 - #24
                                                15.01.1996 - #27 -----> 13.01.1996 - performance of Open Arms in GER
                                                22.01.1996 - #22
                                                29.01.1996 - #14

05.02.1996 - #10
                                                12.02.1996 - #11
                                                19.02.1996 - #8
                                                26.02.1996 - #8 -----> Open Arms single comes out in GER

04.03.1996 - #12 -----> Open Arms enters the German charts
                                                11.03.1996 - #16
                                                18.03.1996 - #21
                                                25.03.1996 - #23

01.04.1996 - #26
                                                08.04.1996 - #34
                                                15.04.1996 - #37
                                                22.04.1996 - #42
                                                29.04.1996 - #48

06.05.1996 - #53
                                                13.05.1996 - #53
                                                20.05.1996 - #61
                                                27.05.1996 - #61

03.06.1996 - #64
                                                10.06.1996 - #71
                                                17.06.1996 - #77
                                                24.06.1996 - #70

01.07.1996 - #63
                                                08.07.1996 - #67
                                                15.07.1996 - #67
                                                22.07.1996 - #71
                                                29.07.1996 - #78

05.08.1996 - #87

My Chart

Comment

• Can't see the proper video on Youtube anymore but this looking back is kinda iconic. Vocally she was quite strong on this one, interesting runs that even Buble had to turn around a few times.

I mean here we have the QUEEN and KING of Christmas today singing the BIGGEST Christmas song of all-time. Generations from now may well look back on this video and say ICONIC.

Comment

I love the Daydream-Riah side bang hairstyle - makes her look very college-riah. Prefer it to her middle part that she is always wearing nowdays.

The thing is, when Mariah is controlled by a svengalli or bossyboots (except Stella) who can totally take care of all the business side of things, then it lets Mariah focus on creating music and resting her voice. But if she has to do it all herself, then she wears out her voice and creative energy and time directing and supervising all her minions and sorting out the bloodsuckers. So she is working as hard as she was in the 90s, except now instead of just writing and producing/singing on her albums, she has to do everything.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X