Spotify - All I Want For Christmas Is You

#31 (+8) - Global (2,045,019)

#18 (+12) - USA (671,590)
    #30 (+2) - UK (172,099)
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

Yay for that Diamond certification!! I am also excited she talked about Miss you most, Born this day and One Child. She always sings CTIITAA, so, I'm not surprised she talked about it.
      She talking of redoing her songs.
      No Mariah!

Merry Christmas in particular is almost perfect.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        No Mariah!
        If any song needs redoing, it should be Lil Snowman.
        Leave the rest alone.

So happy for the Diamond certification
        Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
        Your basic faves could never

Comment

• If Mariah re-recorded any of Merry Christmas with her 2021 vocals, it would be a travesty. Not because her current vocals are any kind of bad, but just because MC is never gonna be redone by ANYBODY and sound good. It’s perfect.
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I wish Mariah would just come out and say that a lot of these re-recordings are linked to business decisions to own her masters. I think fans would be understanding and even forgiving.

If she releases her re-recordings and she owns those masters I would happily support that version over those where the money is going back to Sony.

Comment

• New Interview with AP

Comment

• That's why I think she rerecorded AIW Extra Festive at the time - so she could use the song without having to deal with Sony, and I assumed she owned that master.

I know some of you have discussed masters previously - will she ever get those masters in due time?
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

That's why I think she rerecorded AIW Extra Festive at the time - so she could use the song without having to deal with Sony, and I assumed she owned that master.

I know some of you have discussed masters previously - will she ever get those masters in due time?
                  Based on my very limited understanding, it takes 35 years for original masters to return.

Which means her first masters from Sony will only come in 2025 and the very lucrative Merry Christmas ones not until 2029.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Based on my very limited understanding, it takes 35 years for original masters to return.

Which means her first masters from Sony will only come in 2025 and the very lucrative Merry Christmas ones not until 2029.
                    I seemed to remember reading something like that here.... but I thought it was 25 years. Maybe I got confused with 2025.
                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

I seemed to remember reading something like that here.... but I thought it was 25 years. Maybe I got confused with 2025.
                      I was confused about it as well as I thought it was 25 years. But I looked recently and an article here from the Grammys said 35 years:

Due to a legal provision outlined in the 1976 Copyright Revision Act, artists whose albums were released in the year 1978 and afterward all become eligible to file paperwork with the U.S. Copyright Office allowing them to reclaim ownership of their music copyrights and master recordings from their record labels after a period of 35 years.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/...-their-masters

Comment

That's why I think she rerecorded AIW Extra Festive at the time - so she could use the song without having to deal with Sony, and I assumed she owned that master.

The masters doesn’t get back to her after 30
                        years?

and I’m sorry to mariah but I won’t replace the perfect originals with those re-recording with unbearable vocals quality. The thing about Taylor’s version is that her voice sounds better now than when she was younger, totally the opposite of mariah.
                        and what I love about Mariah’s 90s voice is that every era has a distinct vocal delivery and tone. She can’t never replicate that

Comment

I was confused about it as well as I thought it was 25 years. But I looked recently and an article here from the Grammys said 35 years:
                          Same. I very specifically remember reading about another artist and it being 25 years. Can only think it was a mistake at the time in a well publicised story, or we’re experiencing a musical Mandela effect.

Comment

• The big picture:

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

The masters doesn’t get back to her after 30
                            years?

and I’m sorry to mariah but I won’t replace the perfect originals with those re-recording with unbearable vocals quality. The thing about Taylor’s version is that her voice sounds better now than when she was younger, totally the opposite of mariah.
                            and what I love about Mariah’s 90s voice is that every era has a distinct vocal delivery and tone. She can’t never replicate that
                            Yes, she is in a very different boat than Taylor in this regard, which may be why she isnt being as explicit about it and instead taking the "reimagine" route.

Comment

• Hero (2008)
                              Close My Eyes (2020)
                              AIWFCIY Extra
                              The outro of All I Live For
                              Those are not amazing.
                              I love music!

Comment

• However, I think Mariah should not underestimate the power she has as a global icon speaking out against Sony. It may not get her full control of her masters back, but may move the needle a bit with public pressure.

Companies may be more willing given all that is happening now with fans taking control.

I support MC 100% so if she says not to stream her music from old masters, I will be pushing in my CDs once again

Comment

No Mariah!

Merry Christmas in particular is almost perfect.
                                  Oh, I understood she'd like to perform them. Ok, then I rather we keep the originals.
                                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

• I'll keep paying hundreds to see Mariah on tour, but I'm not listening to re-recorded versions of any of her music even if it gets her some extra cash in the bank (except maybe an official Juicy Dreamlover remix)

It's not even that her voice has changed as I like some of her recent live vocals (Honey in Vegas Butterfly Returns was great), but a re-recorded album would just be a mess with all the effects she puts on her voice now.

Caution was perfect, but it wasn't exactly Outside climax vocals and I think it she attempted to, it would turn into a Heavenly/OMT mess

Comment

I wish Mariah would just come out and say that a lot of these re-recordings are linked to business decisions to own her masters. I think fans would be understanding and even forgiving.

If she releases her re-recordings and she owns those masters I would happily support that version over those where the money is going back to Sony.
                                      I agree completely! I would support that too!
                                      Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                        If Mariah re-recorded any of Merry Christmas with her 2021 vocals, it would be a travesty. Not because her current vocals are any kind of bad, but just because MC is never gonna be redone by ANYBODY and sound good. It’s perfect.
                                        Lets not kid ourselves. Her voice sounds so bad now.
                                        AsaPUKE ing bola
                                        king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post

Lets not kid ourselves. Her voice sounds so bad now.
                                          Her voice is great live. The Caution or Christmas Tour she was in good shape. It’s all the ultra layering she’s doing in the studio that makes her voice sound “light”.

Comment

• Her voice is good. She sounded amazing on Caution European tour, the Endless love performance at the Albert Royal Hall

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                              I'll keep paying hundreds to see Mariah on tour, but I'm not listening to re-recorded versions of any of her music even if it gets her some extra cash in the bank (except maybe an official Juicy Dreamlover remix)

It's not even that her voice has changed as I like some of her recent live vocals (Honey in Vegas Butterfly Returns was great), but a re-recorded album would just be a mess with all the effects she puts on her voice now.

Caution was perfect, but it wasn't exactly Outside climax vocals and I think it she attempted to, it would turn into a Heavenly/OMT mess
                                              In that case she never wins. I understand your point, but her voice is the way it is right now. It sounds a bit different but everybody does.
                                              If the songs are deep cuts and they turn into new mixes/style I'm here for it. For example now I just listen to the WBT valentines mix only. Because the instrumentation is richer than the original and love the outro.

Comment

• AIWFCIY is now certified Diamond! Merry Christmas and Debut should be diamond soon.
                                                Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• What an amazing stat for MC!!

Comment

• If the re-recordings were reimagined like the WBT mix, I’d be here for it too.. but leave the vocal affects off. There’s no excuse for that.
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X