No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am always rooting for her to be the first female artist to have 4-5 diamond albums. Suck that her debut is not yet updated. With viral moment TEOM should also be a candidate for diamond. Merry Christmas might be diamond first before debut.
    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      AIWFCIY is Diamond

Great to hear her about Miss You Most and other Christmas songs.
      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
        I am always rooting for her to be the first female artist to have 4-5 diamond albums. Suck that her debut is not yet updated. With viral moment TEOM should also be a candidate for diamond. Merry Christmas might be diamond first before debut.
        Well it will take quite a long time for TEOM to see diamond. It's quite a long way away from that benchmark at present.
        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well it will take quite a long time for TEOM to see diamond. It's quite a long way away from that benchmark at present.
          It's above 7 million sps. It might add 250k annually.
          My Chart

Comment

I wish Mariah would just come out and say that a lot of these re-recordings are linked to business decisions to own her masters. I think fans would be understanding and even forgiving.

If she releases her re-recordings and she owns those masters I would happily support that version over those where the money is going back to Sony.
            There's no way a new version of All I want for Christmas is going to be playlisted over the old one though.. just one example

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              Lol it’s such a weird song to shade, she sings it closer to the original than any other cover version of it and that’s why hers is the most popular version, straightforward vocal no frills, just her tone, can’t imagine what she dislikes about it?

It’s a hit for all the reasons AIWFCIY is a hit
              LOL, I know.
              They way she sang on this song is perfection and screams hit like AIW.
              Literally I wouldn't change anything.

I'm not very fond of the newer version tbh.
              It lacks the punch from the OG from the little I've heard.

If she wanted to add something she could've gone the way she performed it on Scammy's '08 with the whistle transition.

But it doesn't matter as people would keep streaming the original and she - hopefully - will understand that what works no needs changes (especially when they're for worst).

Comment

There's no way a new version of All I want for Christmas is going to be playlisted over the old one though.. just one example

You never know. Spotify did it for Taylor.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Her voice is great live. The Caution or Christmas Tour she was in good shape. It’s all the ultra layering she’s doing in the studio that makes her voice sound “light”.
                  The Caution tour was three years ago at this stage! Time has flown by. Also I have to say I have my doubts About endless love bring live or even current vocals. I can't understand that if she is still capable of killing it like that why she wouldn't sing like that more.
                  Could he totally wrong but just a hunch..
                  We haven't heard her perform actually live live in a long time.

Comment

• I love her but I doubt very much I would opt to listen to new recordings of her classics over the old ones. I think that opinion would be widespread too.

If a regular Tom, Dick or Harry pressed play on “AIWFCIY 2022”, they'd last 20 seconds max and go straight to the original. I would do the same with any other artist.
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      She is so good at circling back to the original question if she doesn’t answer it now! Sis is turning into a better self-interviewer than most of her interviewers

Originally posted by Almond View Post
                      OMG - I love how she can tell the photo was from the Rainbow era just by a quick glance at her hairstyle/outfit And her death facial expression when someone dares to ask her to sing something while she's ruining her voice doing all day tv interviews...
                      Haha!
                      But thanks to him for asking for that snippet 'cause TONE!!! (compare with how she sounded in the newer version of C(BPCH), it's like day and night).

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      We love Argentina btw. WE (as in all the lambs) and we need to bring the woman to the country and do some shows already. I mean seeing that reporter fangirling his devotion into worship is just so beautiful to see. And I know that all Argentine lambs are that devoted.

We should start a petition.
                      Yasss!!!
                      She said she has some friends here. I wonder who's she was talking about! I know everybody here.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      AIWFCIY is Diamond
                      Those are great news!

Comment

The Caution tour was three years ago at this stage! Time has flown by. Also I have tried say I have my doubts About endless love bring live or even current vocals. I can't understand that if she is still capable of killing it like that why she wouldn't sing like that more.
                        Could he totally wrong but just a hunch..
                        We haven't heard her perform actually live live in a long time.
                        Yes, whilst her mid range on the Caution tour was mostly live, the belts in old songs were often pre-recorded/old. The ATYNAF climax was awesome because I love to see performances of that song, but it wasn’t live.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

with viral moments it’s possible, Obsessed viral made MOAIA eligible platinum.

Comment

• Merry Christmas should be Diamond too and she’ll be the highest certified female album artist in the US

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                              I'm really sceptical about that new version of CBPCH
                              Same.
                              I have zero problems with FILAC, I love it.
                              But C(BPCH) new version is a no from me, at least from what we've heard.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              Dedicated was really a bop
                              Acutally a masterpiece and one of the best songs she's ever crafted.

Originally posted by chilled View Post
                              Sell it Shaka, sell it!! A visit to her Argentinian lambs is long overdue.
                              I'm trying, dahling!
                              But this girl is very elusive

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                              Eh - you promised to run naked down the street last Christmas and share a photo here, and you didn't.

So I ain't buying the loyal fanbase I must say.

Comment

• Originally posted by cinderellaboy View Post
                                Hero (2008)
                                Close My Eyes (2020)
                                AIWFCIY Extra
                                The outro of All I Live For
                                Those are not amazing.
                                abmb - runaway bunny
                                wbt - late night

included also

Comment

• The runaway bunny version of ABMB was lovely. That’s the kind of reimagining I wouldn’t mind. Acoustic versions of her songs would be a great move.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
                                    Yay for that Diamond certification!! I am also excited she talked about Miss you most, Born this day and One Child. She always sings CTIITAA, so, I'm not surprised she talked about it.
                                    Jesus Born On This Day & One Child have a similar vibe, I love those songs, masterpieces!
                                    Glad she mentioned them too!

Originally posted by wolfily View Post
                                    If any song needs redoing, it should be Lil Snowman.
                                    It needs to be forgotten, just like Almost (Home) Mariah.

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                    If Mariah re-recorded any of Merry Christmas with her 2021 vocals, it would be a travesty. Not because her current vocals are any kind of bad, but just because MC is never gonna be redone by ANYBODY and sound good. It’s perfect.
                                    Merry Christmas is IMO her best album in terms of vocals.
                                    I hope bish ain't touching anything.
                                    I'm already mad at the new C(BPCH) version.

Incredible!

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
                                      Lets not kid ourselves. Her voice sounds so bad now.
                                      IKR?!
                                      Imagine sounding this bad.
                                      I'm unstanning this has been.

Comment

• The Music Industry, they say

What an amazing stat for MC!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                          If the re-recordings were reimagined like the WBT mix, I’d be here for it too.. but leave the vocal affects off. There’s no excuse for that.
                                          It's more like there's no NEED for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

It's more like there's no NEED for that.
                                            Thought the same when I’d posted it. Lol. I definitely enjoy her live voice more than her studio voice these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                              The runaway bunny version of ABMB was lovely. That’s the kind of reimagining I wouldn’t mind. Acoustic versions of her songs would be a great move.
                                              I like that one.
                                              It only needed a bit of reverb.

The ending of All I Live For is also very good.
                                              Only a die hard lamb (or an actual vocal coach like Lesage) would notice the difference. It blended very well.
                                              She also sounded lovely on Somewhat Loved and I love WBT Late Night Mix.

Btw, in '19 she was not in great vocal shape. Even worst in early 2020 before COVID.

She said her voice healed during this 1.5 year of resting - and she made it clear in several interviews.

Can't wait for the live shows to make a comeback.

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                              Thought the same when I’d posted it. Lol. I definitely enjoy her live voice more than her studio voice these days.
                                              Definitely.

And we know if there is anyone who can resurrect his/her voice from the grave, that's MC.

Comment

What an amazing stat for MC!!

That is incredible!!! Just one question. is the debut already Diamond? I don't remember If it was certified recently. Oops, never mind; you guys just answered that question before I asked.
                                                Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

IKR?!
                                                  Imagine sounding this bad.
                                                  I'm unstanning this has been.

the thing is her voice is fine now but in the studio sounds HORRIBLE and unberable and unpleasant to listen to because she choose to ruin it with weird effects. with the acappela moments we can notice even her belts sounds great but in the studio recordings sounds weird

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
                                                    That is incredible!!! Just one question. is the debut already Diamond? I don't remember If it was certified recently.
                                                    Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X