• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Nope.
    Thanks!!
    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• MC has now surpassed 27M monthly listeners on Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post

with viral moments it’s possible, Obsessed viral made MOAIA eligible platinum.
        Well only by fan estimates. Which I always take with a big grain of salt. Having to find another 3 times platinum is quite impossible on viral moments tbh..
        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
          Thanks!!

---

I totally forgot about this moment:

Mariah Carey Writes NEW Song “Blue At Christmas Time” On Stage! (RARE)

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
            My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
            Forever and always!

Comment

• C(BPCH) is now Mariah's 3rd most popular song on Spotify only behind AIW (#1) and Fantasy (#2).

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well only by fan estimates. Which I always take with a big grain of salt. Having to find another 3 times platinum is quite impossible on viral moments tbh..
                you are right... us fans are very positive that Memoirs added the remaining 68,000 consumption units in the US in the past 3 years of when we had the latest update.

In July 2018, Memoirs had accumulated 932.809 sps units according to soundscan.

July 2018 updates were:
                6,803,576 - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                1,701,105 - 2008 - E=MC˛
                1,249,876 - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                932,809 - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                673,869 - 2001 - Glitter
                655,595 - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                331,119 - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah

3 years on... (almost 3,5 years)..

my est.

7,200,000 - TEOM
                1,950,000 - Einstein
                1,295,000 - CB
                1,100,000 - Memoirs
                725,000 - Merry Xmas II
                700,000 - Glitter
                370,000 - MIAM
                My Chart

Comment

• Do you guys think that Debut, TEOM, and Merry Christmas are diamonds by now? Chart masters come through!

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
                    Do you guys think that Debut, TEOM, and Merry Christmas are diamonds by now? Chart masters come through!
                    right now, right at this moment, no. I think at the end of the season, they will be updated because if Merry Christmas is eligible now, she would have updated it along with AIW.
                    TEOM is 3 million short of becoming Diamond so no. It needs a yearly resurgence like Merry Christmas to be Diamond.
                    Last edited by BeyondIdolization; Thu November 25, 2021, 17:02.

Comment

• I still feel like there are more to come in terms of Xmas projects/special for this season. The MD ads is yet to be released and apart from the Apple TV special, I have a feeling that we will still be getting something else. The best is yet to come! The “it’s time” pumpkin clip gives me the vibe that something bigger is coming soon.
                      Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Thu November 25, 2021, 18:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                        I still feel like there are more to come in terms of Xmas projects/special for this season. The MD ads is yet to be released and apart from the Apple TV special, I have a feeling that we will still be getting something else. The best is yet to come! The “it’s time” pumpkin clip gives me the vibe the something bigger is coming soon.
                        funny thing is that t's time video looks better and more fun than the apple special this year. I thought we'd get some acting or something fun and entertaning for the special, not only a fake live performance

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

funny thing is that t's time video looks better and more fun than the apple special this year. I thought we'd get some acting or something fun and entertaning for the special, not only a fake live performance
                          Maybe we will be getting an actual TV special sponsored by MD. Who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

The production of the Apple special is stunning though, thats for sure.

MC mentioned wanting to do something for Thanksgiving, I wonder if that will materialise...
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Is Mariah still the female artist with most 5x platinum or higher albums?

Comment

• Dear God baby Jesus, don’t tell me she is actually lipping to the single version of FILAC on the apple special... the audacity (I am exaggerating on purpose ;) )

She could have at least lipped to a pre-recorded live version. It would have been totally fine & acceptable for a TV thing with multiple recordings.

Comment

• bm08
                                  bm08 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Please limit NSFW talk in this thread

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                I still feel like there are more to come in terms of Xmas projects/special for this season. The MD ads is yet to be released and apart from the Apple TV special, I have a feeling that we will still be getting something else. The best is yet to come! The “it’s time” pumpkin clip gives me the vibe that something bigger is coming soon.
                                I appreciate your optimism... but how much professionalism can we expect without an actual professional team around our Queen? #sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                                  Is Mariah still the female artist with most 5x platinum or higher albums?
                                  I hope so.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Which album do you think had the most impact on the timbre of her voice?
                                    I think it was Merry Christmas. She sounds different between Musicbox and Daydream then Butterfly is like a different person all together some say.

Comment

• Yeah, Merry Xmas (album & Era).
                                      Her tone changed dramatically.
                                      Tho during MB Tour she showed some glimpses of MC/DD voice.

Butterfly is a raspier Daydream.
                                      And CB Tour a matured Daydream with better technique and w/ more clarity than Butterfly.

TEOM a raspier (and chestier) version of CB Tour voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

You never know. Spotify did it for Taylor.
                                        Well her voice is still mostly the same whereas Mariah is....

Also Taylor has been very vocal and political about her re-recordings so radios may want to jump on that bandwagon to demonstrate that they are on her side against the corporation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                          Which album do you think had the most impact on the timbre of her voice?
                                          I think it was Merry Christmas. She sounds different between Musicbox and Daydream then Butterfly is like a different person all together some say.
                                          MC - MTV Unplugged: Very thick raw rope (i.e. not smooth, lots of rough stubbly threads to give a husky texture)
                                          Music Box: Same thickness rope, but no longer raw...now suddenly all the stubbly threads gone and the rope is all polished and smooth
                                          Merry Xmas: Slightly thinner rope but more bendy
                                          Daydream: Markedly thinner rope and now totally smooth, but now ultra bendy and can suddenly transform into transparent silk in parts
                                          Butterfly: Thinner again but now a few broken parts and frayed ends
                                          #1-Rainbow: Has a few thick parts of the rope left (lower register) but now rope is predominantly thinner with lots of frayed edges/ends but very flexible but flexibility sometimes limited by frayed ends.
                                          Glitter onwards: too hard to categorise - seems to change depending on the week !

Comment

• DIAMOND

Comment

• I was watching som VOL performances from '17 ATH Tour and while her tone wasn't at its best, gurl was slaying dem mid-belts. Like the resonance was INSANE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                                                Is Mariah still the female artist with most 5x platinum or higher albums?
                                                Yes she is with 7...

Celine Dion = 5 (The Color of My Love 6x, Falling Into You 12x, Let's Talk About Live Diamond, These Are Special Times 5x, All The Way A Decade of Songs 7x)
                                                Taylor Swift = 5 (Taylor Swift 7x, Fearless 10x, Speak Now 6x, Red 7x, 1989 9x)
                                                Madonna = 5 (Madonna 5x, Like A Virgin Diamond, True Blue 7x, Evita 5x, Immaculate Collection Diamond)
                                                Whitney Houston = 4 (Whitney Houston 13x, Whitney Diamond, Bodyguard 18x, Whitney Greatest Hits 5x)
                                                Barbra Streisand = 4 (A Christmas Album 5x, Guilty 5x, Greatest Hits Vol 2 5x, Memories 5x)
                                                Shania Twain = 3 (The Woman In Me 12x, Come On Over 20x, Up 11x)
                                                Janet Jackson = 3 (Control 5x, Rhythm Nation 6x, Janet 6x)
                                                Adele = 2 (21 14x, 25 11x)
                                                Britney Spears = 2 (Baby One More Time 14x, Oops I Did It Again Diamond)
                                                Lauryn Hill = 2 (Miseducation Diamond, The Score with the Fugees 7x)
                                                TLC = 2 (CrazySexyCool 12x, FanMail 6x)
                                                Alicia Keys = 2 (Songs In A Minor 7x, Diary of Alicia Keys 5x)
                                                Enya = 2 (Shepherd Moons 5x, A Day Without Rain 7x)
                                                Tracey Chapman = 2 (Tracey Chapman 6x, New Beginning 5x)

Mariah Carey - 9x

Music Box - Diamond

Merry Christmas - 8x

Daydream - Diamond

Butterfly - 5x

#1s - 5x

The Emancipation of Mimi - 6x

Last edited by skylynx; Thu November 25, 2021, 21:26.

Comment

• Was this posted?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X