Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MariahKremlin View Post
    I wonder if there will be The Diamond edition of Merry Christmas?
    not close atm. The Chart analysis thread has a nice breakdown.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      This looks delicious and I was ready to order it right here, right now... But it's $80. And so... I guess I'll have to make my own Black Irish inspired cake! lol

      Comment


      • New interview with E News

        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

          Im very curious about how Christmas by Bublé will perform once a new AC act has a new hit Christmas album. The goats wont remember but before Michael we had Josh Groban compiting with Merry Christmas and now hes nowhere to be seen (same with Andrea Bocelli and Kenny G).
          I don't think Michael Bublé's album will be forgotten easily. He has done several specials through the years and updated versions of his album. Even if he would stop now, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas is already loved on its own. He used the very much loved arrangement of Bing Crosby for that song, just like he used the Bing Crosby arrangement on Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and Jingle Bells. That's very clever, because those arrangements are very much loved but Bing Crosby's own versions sound "too old" for most.

          My Instagram... - Click here

          Comment


          • Hello guys! I miss sales analysis here specially on the sales thread. I got a question, with all new certifications and TEA and SEA sales, you guys think she’s surpass 300m career sales or atleast near that mark?
            Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

            Comment


            • Are there any original songs on his album?

              Also, totally agree on his music being ideal for background at parties. People can easily talk over it, without paying attention or even noticing what's playing.. He is probably the least divisive Christmas performer out there..

              Mariah's music commands attention. And she is probably the most divisive singer (of any music) out there. When Mariah is on, emotions go from total camp, diva antics and singalong to total eyerolls and flatout disdane by haters.
              At least that's the world I live in. And I wouldn't have it any other way!!
              I can't even know what to say...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                I don't think Michael Bublé's album will be forgotten easily. He has done several specials through the years and updated versions of his album. Even if he would stop now, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas is already loved on its own. He used the very much loved arrangement of Bing Crosby for that song, just like he used the Bing Crosby arrangement on Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town and Jingle Bells. That's very clever, because those arrangements are very much loved but Bing Crosby's own versions sound "too old" for most.
                I certainly agree, but I guess we'll see. These Are Special Times used to be a great competitor and now is nowhere to be seen as well.

                I do believe that in order for a whole album to be as a big as Christmas it should be released but a very big artist at a very specific time in their career. All these Christmas albums were released at the height of each of these artists respective careers. You can have memorable new songs like Snowman, Underneath the Tree, Santa Tell Me or Mistletoe but a whole body of work seems like a different thing.

                Adele is at a great moment to dive into a Christmas album (or would preferably have prior to 25s release).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

                  I certainly agree, but I guess we'll see. These Are Special Times used to be a great competitor and now is nowhere to be seen as well.

                  I do believe that in order for a whole album to be as a big as Christmas it should be released but a very big artist at a very specific time in their career. All these Christmas albums were released at the height of each of these artists respective careers. You can have memorable new songs like Snowman, Underneath the Tree, Santa Tell Me or Mistletoe but a whole body of work seems like a different thing.

                  Adele is at a great moment to dive into a Christmas album (or would preferably have prior to 25s release).
                  The thing is Celine doesn't have that Christmas song that is streamed as well as the others. Though the album is a cohesive body of work.

                  Celine at least seems as though she has no interest in dipping more into the Christmas. I mean if she does she could command decent album sales.

                  I recall back in the mid 2000s around TEOM time These Are The Special Times was outselling Merry Christmas.

                  The biggest artists who are due for a Christmas release is Adele, Taylor and Ariana out of the ladies. I see Ariana going all in at some point i mean afterall she has an EP, dueted with boht Mariah and Kelly Clarkson. It's inevitable. If she learns from Mariah, now is the time to do it whilst she's still commanding big streams and amongst the Top 5 female performers.

                  The same for Adele, now is the perfect time to go in with a jazzy AC Christmas Album.

                  Also Taylor releasing anything serious for Christmas an album will command huge sales as she's shown releasing anything recently.











                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post

                    I certainly agree, but I guess we'll see. These Are Special Times used to be a great competitor and now is nowhere to be seen as well.
                    Back when the album was released, Celine did one Christmas special. She never did another Christmas special, nor did she do much to bring the album or any of the songs under the attention of the GP. If she had done four Christmas specials (like Michael Bublé) plus tv-performances and adding new songs to special editions, the album would still do well.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
                      Hello guys! I miss sales analysis here specially on the sales thread. I got a question, with all new certifications and TEA and SEA sales, you guys think she’s surpass 300m career sales or atleast near that mark?
                      This may be better suited for the chart gurus in the dedicated charts and sales threads as more people may have insight:
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Milano View Post
                        Are there any original songs on his album?
                        Cold December Night is an original song.
                        The More You Give (The More You'll Have) is also an original.
                        And his latest orginal is The Christmas Sweater.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

                        Comment


                        • Please try to centre your posts on Mariah
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                            I love these write-ups very insightful.
                            GrowlRiah in the IDWC bridge is the song’s saving grace for me too

                            Comment


                            • Early predictions have AIWFCIY at #3:




                              #2 Stay (255 points)
                              #1 Easy On Me (355 points)


                              #1 seems out of the realm of possibility, but #2 is definitely within reach
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                              Comment


                              • Adele is projected at #1 with 355 points !!

                                Comment


                                • #3 already? Wow.
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    Early predictions have AIWFCIY at #3:




                                    #2 Stay (255 points)
                                    #1 Easy On Me (355 points)


                                    #1 seems out of the realm of possibility, but #2 is definitely within reach
                                    I don't remember it charting this high so early into the season last year. That's crazy. She really has carved out her own lane that pays off every year. Christmas belongs to her at this point, at least musically.

                                    Billboard freezes the chart for Christmas songs next month, right?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      Adele is projected at #1 with 355 points !!
                                      That means the MD TV ads will be out just in time to give the song a push. Come through Mariah snatch that #1 spot!

                                      Comment


                                      • Adele's radio is still humungous. The week commencing December 3rd will be it's first real attempt at #1. She has the Christmas special and hopefully there's going to be something viral with McDonalds to get people to spin it more often.

                                        She will need Adele's streaming and sales to drop enough to be closer to 300 points for her to have a chance.

                                        The big unknown is who is releasing the next 3 weeks. Rumours of an Ariana new sngle? BTS release and that Ed Sheeran/Elton John song (Elton's back with Cold Heart so you never know with this big of a collab).

                                        We all know what could happen with a BTS single, she may not be able to fend off those ridiculous amount of website sales. I wouldn't be sirprised if the army continues to buy huge copies just to prove their supposed point of domination (I mean it would send their fanbase int a frenzy knowing they can fend off the Queen of Christmas).

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

                                          That means the MD TV ads will be out just in time to give the song a push. Come through Mariah snatch that #1 spot!
                                          100 points is huge to plug, no way it will do it this chart week.

                                          Comment


                                          • Two big milestones coming up on Youtube.

                                            Closing in on 200m



                                            Closing in on 500m





                                            Comment




                                            • This is a slapper let’s talk about it
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                              Comment


                                              • So AIW is back at #12 on Hot100 this week? I saw it on IG.
                                                Why is nobody posting about it?

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                  Adele's radio is still humungous. The week commencing December 3rd will be it's first real attempt at #1. She has the Christmas special and hopefully there's going to be something viral with McDonalds to get people to spin it more often.

                                                  She will need Adele's streaming and sales to drop enough to be closer to 300 points for her to have a chance.

                                                  The big unknown is who is releasing the next 3 weeks. Rumours of an Ariana new sngle? BTS release and that Ed Sheeran/Elton John song (Elton's back with Cold Heart so you never know with this big of a collab).

                                                  We all know what could happen with a BTS single, she may not be able to fend off those ridiculous amount of website sales. I wouldn't be sirprised if the army continues to buy huge copies just to prove their supposed point of domination (I mean it would send their fanbase int a frenzy knowing they can fend off the Queen of Christmas).
                                                  The BTS upcoming single will probably block AIWFCIY... I can smell it.
                                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                  #20th No.1

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
                                                    So AIW is back at #12 on Hot100 this week? I saw it on IG.
                                                    Why is nobody posting about it?
                                                    Brenda Lee song is also at #14
                                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                    #20th No.1

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X