No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what kinda jump it'll have on December 1st. Last year it jumped 25% in Spotify streams.

She seem to be doing better video wise this year it seems.

Comment

• Did Brenda need permission from Mariah to do AIW in Spanish ?

It's a weird full circle moment going from Mariah covering Brendas biggest hit to Brenda remaking Mariahs biggest hit.

I know this would never happen but imagine if it was a duet !!
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• No darling, Brenda only needs permission if she wanted to sing it on a TV show (Mimi will be like
        HELL TO THE NO) (A No No) I

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post

I always know Mariah has good business sense
          The butterfly drink that was either juice or expensive sugar water would like a word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

OMG yes, EARGASM.
            Apart from “Mariah Carey”, each of her albums has its own specific set of vocal characteristics that hadn’t appeared on the album that preceded it, and also didn’t show up on the one that followed. This includes her tour vocals.

Her vocals for Merry Christmas stand alone, right? They were half-Music Box, half-Daydream for me. Am I way off for thinking that?

I’d argue that Butterfly is kind of an exception, because she still had some of her Daydream tone when she recorded it.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Did Brenda need permission from Mariah to do AIW in Spanish ?

It's a weird full circle moment going from Mariah covering Brendas biggest hit to Brenda remaking Mariahs biggest hit.

You don’t need permission to cover somebody else’s song. But you will have to pay royalty.

I think it’s fine if Brenda covers it since Mimi won’t do it. I wish Mimi would though.

Comment

• 2 days away from the Christmas Special on Apple TV+!!!

Or really 1 day, huh? It’s available everywhere at midnight (EST) and 9pm (PST) tomorrow!

Comment

• LMAO not her photoshopping last year’s photo to make it look like it’s the golden dress

Comment

• The pic is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                      LMAO not her photoshopping last year’s photo to make it look like it’s the golden dress
                      An outtake?

The pic is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        Kween was the 44th most streamed female artist of 2021! But more importantly, they used GOAT for that playlist!
                        Obsessed & Fantasy impact

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                          I always know Mariah has good business sense and she knows that the kids market is huge! I feel that she should "re-imagine" her songs to venture into this market which is boasted by streaming. She actually took the first step with ABMB in the Runaway Bunny in HBO Max.
                          She could find a niche on there, definitely.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                          Her vocals for Merry Christmas stand alone, right? They were half-Music Box, half-Daydream for me. Am I way off for thinking that?

I’d argue that Butterfly is kind of an exception, because she still had some of her Daydream tone when she recorded it.
                          Nope, you're right.

Merry Xmas is the transition into Daydream tone but not as light (but going in that direction, I'd say 35% MB - 65% DD).

And Butterfly is a raspier version of Daydream. Her tone got richer tho, 'cause them overtones. If u listen to the stems, u can clearly catch all the polyphonic moments, especially in her whisper or falsetto.
                          Last edited by Shaka; Thu December 2, 2021, 12:29.

Comment

• It would be nice to have a Spanish version of AIW by Mariah herself.

---

AIW numbers:

US Amazon Music

US Amazon Digital Songs

US YouTube

US iTunes

US Spotify
                            #8 (805,390)

US Apple Music

---

All I Want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive) still at #28 on US iTunes.

Comment

• Out at midnight

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• What now?

This is a surprise. I'm curious.

Come on Mariah with the remixes.

She's making an effort for this one - must be a song/project she's proud of.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I’m surprised that from all those previous songs she released that deserved remixes (hello caution, rarities songs, oh Santa..) she decided to remix this one

Comment

• Huge jump in the UK on Spotify, it's now #1 with 495,924 streams, just edging out Adele and Last Christmas.

December 1st surely helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      I’m surprised that from all those previous songs she released that deserved remixes (hello caution, rarities songs, oh Santa..) she decided to remix this one
                                      I’m not anticipating there’ll be much significant to note. Same vocals probably and just remixed by someone else.
                                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• US Spotify
                                        7 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee 832,231
                                        8 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 805,390
                                        19 White Christmas by Bing Crosby, Ken Darby Singers, John Scott Trotter & His Orchestra 605,844

RATCT still winning against AIWFCIY...
                                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                                        #20th No.1

Comment

• The Arlo and Cutmore mixes are nice.

The Arlo one adds a percussive element that gives the song a bit more energy while staying true to the original. Not a huge departure, but a nice alternative.

The Cutmore mix has a faster tempo, and while it doesn't have the original's charm it builds really nicely towards and through the outro.

The Moto Blanco mix is the most 90s of the remixes for me - reminiscent of pop mixes from that time, but adds Christmas bells throughout. It's ok.
                                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            Out at midnight
                                            I'll be streaming

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                            She's making an effort for this one - must be a song/project she's proud of.
                                            I'm happy that she's proud of something that she did it and didn't abandone it after the first week. It's been a while.
                                            Well, she's said multiple times she's obsessed with this track and promoted it like hell in every single interview LOL.

Love the song, so I'm gonna love the remixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                              The Arlo and Cutmore mixes are nice.

The Arlo one adds a percussive element that gives the song a bit more energy while staying true to the original. Not a huge departure, but a nice alternative.

The Cutmore mix has a faster tempo, and while it doesn't have the original's charm it builds really nicely towards and through the outro.

The Moto Blanco mix is the most 90s of the remixes for me - reminiscent of pop mixes from that time, but adds Christmas bells throughout. It's ok.
                                              Oh, they're already out in Australia, LOL.

Same vocals, right?

Comment

• I’m going to have to VPN this. I can’t wait!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                  I’m surprised that from all those previous songs she released that deserved remixes (hello caution, rarities songs, oh Santa..) she decided to remix this one
                                                  We must consider that the remixes are likely from her own imprint - MARIAH, combined tangentially with RCA.

In other words, she is likely footing most of the bill.

In the cases of Caution, the issue of who was paying for remixes and features was an issue particularly after paying and clearing samples.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Oh, they're already out in Australia, LOL.

Same vocals, right?
                                                    Yes they're out here already - didn't even know about them till bm08's post at like 12 minutes to midnight my time.

I think they're same vocals. The whistles seem punchier in some cases - maybe brought forward in the mix.

Although one whistle sounded longer with more of a run at the end - but perhaps that was always there and just brought forward without a fadeout.

It seems to my non-technical ear that they rearranged some of the existing vocals, but it's late and I'm tired
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X