No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutmore remix reminds me of one of those remixes for Obsessed, can't recall which
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• I love the way the gospel outro is 're-arranged' in the Cutmore remix.
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Spotify bitter: here’s how…Her song is down the list this year on the US Christmas playlists which is a continuation of last year and the Holiday Classics playlist which is arguably more popular (RATCT is high on that list), doesn’t have any Mariah songs from ‘94.

Comment

• The Spanish publisher of the book is working great. They're promoting it a lot. There's a special in Vanity Fair this weekend

Comment

• I don't know why people view being #1 as some championship Mariah has to defend. Even if another Christmas song charts higher, AIW is still among the top selling and most popular worldwide. As time goes on, other songs will gain popularity, and that's fine. It doesn't take away from what Mariah has achieved or the path she has pioneered because literally no one cared this much about the success of holiday music until she revitalized the market. This music has been around for decades, but since the public crowned Mariah the queen, now everyone wants to make it a competition and somehow "dethrone" her, and in the same breath claim she is irrelevant and has no impact. Mariah isn't just "winning," she's already won.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

She seems to be winning earlier this year on Spotify. Last year, she didn't surpass Mariah until much closer to Christmas.....looks like this is going to be the new trend unless Mariah does something to appease Spotify.

That's a good point. I think exactly the same way..
              Last year, RATCT was higher than AIWFCIY from Dec.11 to Dec.26
              Even the gap between these two songs was almost 600k streams on Christmas day which is huge..
              This year, the day of overtaking was Nov.29 so the gap will probably be widening until Dec.25 (maybe 800k~1M)
              If it's the new trend.. next year? hmm...
              Last edited by Anderson; Thu December 2, 2021, 16:54.
              Mariah Carey x BTS
              #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

We already been through these details last year with Oh Santa remix tbh...

Perhaps. But in terms of mix of weighted streams maybe others are ahead....we really arent sure of the split between free and premium streams. Not that it matters too much to the overall streams total.
                Yeah I just wondered did anything happen this year that i wasn't aware of to suggest they are bitter, like is she down on playlists or such?
                Doesnt matter anyway.. the song is bigger than Spotify!
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• FILAC sounds great in an up-tempo fashion. Now I can dance to these remixes

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

That's a good point. I think exactly the same way..
                    Last year, RATCT was higher than AIWFCIY from Dec.11 to Dec.26
                    Even the gap between these two songs was almost 600k streams on Christmas day which is huge..
                    This year, the day of overtaking was Nov.29 so the gap will probably be widening until Dec.25 (maybe 800k~1M)
                    If it's the new trend.. next year? hmm...
                    We've got the point so please move on so we dont get into a daily routine of having to explain this away on either side of the spectrum.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah's Merriest Xmas tunes (Dec 1st)

01 - 989,243,079 - +3,800,746 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                      02 - 139,702,054 - +702,048 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                      03 - 28,518,409 - +377,346 - 2020 - Oh Santa! (Remix)
                      04 - 71,480,852 - +258,604 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                      05 - 47,276,005 - +215,642 - 1994 - Silent Night
                      06 - 55,199,838 - +191,819 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                      07 - 73,606,587 - +169,944 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)
                      08 - 2,788,436 - +136,014 - 2021 - Fall In Love at Christmas
                      09 - 25,133,813 - +56,334 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                      10 - 16,825,534 - +53,487 - 1994 - Joy to the World
                      --
                      11 - 15,475,747 - +45,894 - 1994 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                      12 - 14,167,530 - +42,955 - 1994 - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                      13 - 26,839,167 - +40,716 - 2010 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive)
                      14 - 11,122,241 - +32,621 - 1994 - Jesus Born on This Day
                      15 - 10,373,419 - +29,496 - 1994 - Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child
                      16 - 8,122,510 - +21,074 - 2011 - When Christmas Comes (ft. John Legend)
                      17 - 815,942 - +19,346 - 2020 - Sleigh Ride
                      18 - 5,541,172 - +10,528 - 2010 - Christmas Time Is In The Air Again
                      19 - 5,230,578 - +9,456 - 2017 - The Star
                      20 - 5,461,646 - +8,505 - 2010 - Auld Lang Syne
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

We've got the point so please move on so we dont get into a daily routine of having to explain this away on either side of the spectrum.
                        I think we need to talk more about this possible new trend on Spotify, not just praising AIWFCIY's success all the time...
                        If Mariah team is reading this thread... they maybe able to prepare in advance in order to minimize the gap..
                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                        #20th No.1

Comment

• AIWFCIY (Make my wish) video has surpassed 200,000,000 youtube plays: (it might reach 300 million this season).

01 - 705,8 million - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                          02 - 495,2 million - 2005 - We Belong Together
                          03 - 409,2 million - 1994 - Without You*
                          04 - 352,6 million - 1998 - When you Believe
                          05 - 305,0 million - 1993 - Hero
                          06 - 260,8 million - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                          07 - 245,2 million - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                          08 - 226,8 million - 2003 - I Know what you Want
                          09 - 208,1 million - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (SuperFestive)
                          10 - 204,3 million - 2008 - Touch my Body
                          --
                          11 - 200,0 million - 2019 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Make My Wish Come True)
                          12 - 177,7 million - 2009 - Obsessed
                          13 - 176,1 million - 2009 - I want to know what Love Is
                          14 - 173,0 million - 1998 - My Alll
                          15 - 158,0 million - 2010 - Angels Cry
                          16 - 111,0 million - 1994 - Endless Love
                          17 - 108,5 million - 2008 - Bye Bye
                          18 - 87,8 million - 1995 - Fantasy
                          19 - 85,0 million - 2000 - O Holy Night
                          20 - 73,7 million - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us

*WY has 2 videos uploaded which are the same video, but tagged differently.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

I think we need to talk more about this possible new trend on Spotify, not just praising AIWFCIY's success all the time...
                            If Mariah team is reading this thread... they maybe able to prepare in advance in order to minimize the gap..
                            Here's what is going to happen...

You will mention that Brenda Lee overtook Mariah on Spotify, as you have done for the last couple days. People will reply that Spotify is not the only platform. Others will cosign and a discussion will ensue about trolling. Then there may be discussion about what is or isnt trolling. Reports will happen about trolling. Reports will happen about backseat moderation. People will be upset causing more reports to come in and the moderation team will then have to think about more extreme measures.

So,
                            Yes, we understand this trend with Brenda Lee on Spotify, but I am kindly asking to move that discussion along as we have had it for the last few days already. Not to mention there is an entire chart analysis thread dedicated to this kind of thing. If you wish to talk about something else more broadly, sure. But make sure it is focused on Mariah and does not give the appearance of trolling.

Comment

• bm08

OK.. Thanks for your advice..
                              I'll be careful from now on.
                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Thank god

Comment

• Mariah Carey had the #1 most viewed English music video in the last 24 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                                    Mariah Carey had the #1 most viewed English music video in the last 24 hours
                                    we love facts like these.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I’m home for the holidays early, and watching Nick’s talk show (my grandmother loves it).

Mariah needs to send Nick a cease-and-desist for talking about her for damn near every episode of his talk show. He doesn’t refer to her by name, but makes it very obvious he’s talking about her. Always making corny jokes at her expense.

Ugh. Their divorce agreement has a non-disparagement clause, and he challenges its limits whenever he can.

Dude’s trash.

Comment

• Joseph Kahn amping up the video.

BTW the competition is shaping up:

Dec 3rd - Ariana Grande
                                        Dec 10th - ??? BTS?
                                        Dec 17th - Roddy Rich

Comment

• And so its here....

Comment

• At this rate she will reach 1 Billion streams by the end of Saturday.

Big stats to look forward to this weekend.
                                            * First 90s song by a Female to hit 1 billion streams
                                            * First 90s song by a Female artist to go DIAMOND (likely to be made official by RIAA?)

Comment

• VOGUE: Yes, Mariah Carey Really Loves Christmas That Much
                                              https://www.vogue.com/article/mariah...-holiday-style

Comment

• The Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You (Make My Wish Come True Edition) MV has surpassed 200M views on YouTube.

200,440,197 views rn.

Comment

• Amongst all the Christmas fever this song is also poignant at this time:

Last edited by skylynx; Thu December 2, 2021, 20:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    Mariah is #12 on BB, it may break the top5 next week. She's "winning". Spotify isn't the only streaming music app and Amazon is big for xmas music. Are we going to keep some users trolling on here time after time, year after year? Loool and if Brenda gets the #1 at some point, congrats to her. Well deserved
                                                    Yeah, it's quite tiring because they ruin the mood and we know they're trolls previously banned, I hope the mods do something about it.

Also, yes, don't underestimate her power when u add YouTube streams, Apple Streams and all the Amazon numbers where she's slaying.

That being said, I don't mind Brenda going #1, tho I don't think it's gonna happen this year. She also deserves it!

Mariah has been there multiple times and broken many records with that song. I think there's room for everybody.

Oh, and btw, Xmas is not happening only in the US. Remember that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X