No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT. this year has been so great for R&B! Jasmine Sullivan, JoJo, Silk Sonic and now Khalid's new album. I want Mariah to collaborate with all of them

#mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Don't think so, it's only 2 songs.

However, I think Mariah should release an EP of C(BPCH) with both 94 & 21 versions + a couple new remixes. also, make the live performance video the official video for the song (but put her 94 version on top). what do you think?
      Oh yes definitely. Perhaps another EP for AIW next year as well, including all remixes and liver versions of the song.

Comment

• CBPCH sounded okay. Though apparently OG is the best, she changed it up here to fit her current singing style and voice.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
          OT. this year has been so great for R&B! Jasmine Sullivan, JoJo, Silk Sonic and now Khalid's new album. I want Mariah to collaborate with all of them
          She mentioned in a lot of the interviews she's working on new music and some people came through her Butterfly Lounge. So hopefully we wont have to wait too long for more new music.

The Vogue article mentioned she bought the Atlanta house, so maybe she will be in that creative space a lot more.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She mentioned in a lot of the interviews she's working on new music and some people came through her Butterfly Lounge. So hopefully we wont have to wait too long for more new music.

The Vogue article mentioned she bought the Atlanta house, so maybe she will be in that creative space a lot more.
            Looking forward for when everything unveils!!
            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Lorraine segment just aired. It's from the same day she did the dozens of others.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shaka;n10774030]Thanx for sharing your thoughts chilled cutie

Underneath The Stars

Comment

• One thing that I would pick on is the dis-alignment of communications regarding the AIW diamond certification. So far there are 3 kinds of “leak” instances from Mariah’s end (from one of her Xmas interviews, the Xmas special, and the diamond card on Twitter) before an official announcement is yet to be released.

This might be one of their promo “strategies” for this season but it somehow reminds me of her constant “coming-soon’s” and studio pics/clips during the pre-MIAM era which then ultimately led to massive disappointment… and imo this sort of discrepancy in communication is quite unprofessional…

Comment

• The special is much shorter than i would have liked but I must applaud MC and co for the production. It is really high quality.

One suggestion I would have is to have last year's special automatically roll at the end.

Also, really love what she did with CBPCH. There was a new messaging to it that I really appreciated.

Absolute kudos for not making AIWFCIY the star

Comment

• STYLIST: “Greetings from the land of Christmas!”: what happened when Stylist met Mariah Carey
                      https://www.stylist.co.uk/entertainm...terview/595979

She mentions the new (children's) book here too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I love this idea. Creating a writing/creative camp is amazing

Comment

• I wish they'd have used a different video clip on the insta post.. it doesn’t sell it very well.

I also wish they were live performances.. I just don’t know why all that production effort and cost went into 2 badly lip synched performances.

Thats all I’ll criticise.. it’s mariah and it’s festive so obviously I love it anyway. It’s just so obviously not live and she’s so capable. I guess it just frustrates me.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• At least they did not use whatever effects or filter they used last year where they stretched her to make her look slimmer.

she looks amazing !
                            Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Lorraine interview (not available for everyone)

Comment

• The first half of CBPCH is actually really good! I like it a lot!

The second half is a little rough though

Comment

• Just done watching the special... Uhm yeah...

Nothing beats the og recording of cbpch theres that and also uhm i love dem babies...

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                    I wish they'd have used a different video clip on the insta post.. it doesn’t sell it very well.

I also wish they were live performances.. I just don’t know why all that production effort and cost went into 2 badly lip synched performances.

Thats all I’ll criticise.. it’s mariah and it’s festive so obviously I love it anyway. It’s just so obviously not live and she’s so capable. I guess it just frustrates me.
                                    She could no longer sing a full song live, thats why.
                                    AsaPUKE ing bola
                                    king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Yeah… I also did not like the CBPCH performance sadly. Production is nice, but it sounds sounds like the Grammy nominations performance (extra rough version)… Don’t hate me please . Mariah her voice is still gorgeous and there is so much she can still do, as proven on tour and also on caution. I mean she still rocks… Yet the vocals of her version of this song are not in her grasp anymore (I already thought it was quite rough in 2008), which is fine (!) after decades of an incredible career. I feel there are so many other Christmas songs she could have done with a far better result. I feel like sometimes she goes for vocals she thinks people want to hear rather than mesmerizing her with her tone and more suitable songs… that’s why I love fall in love at christmas.
                                      Last edited by Michiel; Fri December 3, 2021, 12:59.
                                      Eudaimonia
                                      Last.fm
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox
                                        Mariah needs to dress her age. Why does she need to wear long gowns with slit up her waist, and her watermelon boobies almost popping out? This girs is so insecure of her looks.
                                        Maybe this kind of remarks makes her insecure, I guess. Maybe next time she should call you because she, as a 51 grown woman, seems that she's not able or have the right to dress the way she wants. Why people are afraid of boobs? I'd love to know it

Comment

• The new Christmas special is great!! I love the new Christmas (Baby Please come home) version!

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox
                                            Mariah needs to dress her age. Why does she need to wear long gowns with slit up her waist, and her watermelon boobies almost popping out? This girs is so insecure of her looks.
                                            This comment is highly problematic and reeks of ageism and sexism. Please think about how these comments come across in the future.

Comment

• It surprises me that she thinks this new version of CBPCH is better than the original.. I actually don’t believe her when she says that. I think it might be an insecurity thing.
                                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                It surprises me that she thinks this new version of CBPCH is better than the original.. I actually don’t believe her when she says that. I think it might be an insecurity thing.
                                                Cause the original version was approved by WA and Tommy, that’s why she hated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Cause the original version was approved by WA and Tommy, that’s why she hated it.
                                                  That’s silly. At the end of the day she sang the hell out of it and knows that her voice was the best in the world at the time. She’s even tried to sing it the same 27 years later. The only changes in what she sang this time have been down to capability.

I still don’t believe she thinks the new one is better.

Comment

• Wait the FILAC remixes……. slap

The first two could be used as pop radio versions and the last one is such a classic throwback to her 90s club mixes.

I love them.
                                                    funny how one can learn
                                                    to grow numb to the madness
                                                    and block it away

Comment

Working...
                                                    X